Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there a way to see who has been in our houses?

SilverBride
SilverBride
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I know who has been visiting if they sign my guest book, but many do not do this. Is there another way to see who has been in our houses?
PCNA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Short answer: no.
    Long answer: potentially, but probably not in any useful capacity.

There are event-logging capabilities in the API for things like users entering and exiting instances that can print to chat, but they would rely on you yourself being present for the addon to log it. Idling in your house 24/7 isn't realistic so that's probably out.

Aside from the EHT guestbook (which is opt-in and dependent on both parties using the addon), you'd have to have baked-in instance logging catch players while you're not around, have the record stored server-side and be accessible later by the homeowner via mail or a housing UI update. Potential privacy concerns and conflicts with individual online mode settings there and probably not a small amount of work involved; dunno that ZoS would go for that sort of thing.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the other day I logged on to find that someone had gone around and turned off lights in over 20 of my 31 houses. Some had all the lights off, some had a few off and some just 1 light off. They also turned all my music boxes on that I normally don't keep running.

It took me quite awhile going through all my houses to turn these back on, and I also had to change visitor access to restricted so it won't happen again. Since player placed doors are also affected by this I had to leave some of these open so those visiting my open houses can get past them to see the whole property.

I'd just like to know who did this and ask why. It must have taken quite awhile to find all my properties and do this and I really don't know what their reason would be.

It would be nice if the game kept a log.
    PCNA
  • Celldweller
    Celldweller
    ✭✭✭
    Well the other day I logged on to find that someone had gone around and turned off lights in over 20 of my 31 houses. Some had all the lights off, some had a few off and some just 1 light off. They also turned all my music boxes on that I normally don't keep running.

It took me quite awhile going through all my houses to turn these back on, and I also had to change visitor access to restricted so it won't happen again. Since player placed doors are also affected by this I had to leave some of these open so those visiting my open houses can get past them to see the whole property.

I'd just like to know who did this and ask why. It must have taken quite awhile to find all my properties and do this and I really don't know what their reason would be.

Sorry that happened, it has happened to me before and it is very annoying. If you have EHT on the little panel at the bottom right there is a turn on all lights toggle, it's much easier than going round having to manually turn them back on.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry that happened, it has happened to me before and it is very annoying. If you have EHT on the little panel at the bottom right there is a turn on all lights toggle, it's much easier than going round having to manually turn them back on.

Yea I did that. I assume that is how they turned them all off, too. That setting really shouldn't work in other's houses because it makes it way too easy to do things like this.

But I still had to check them all and change all the visitor settings.
    Edited by SilverBride on January 22, 2024 2:05AM
    PCNA