Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Stampede vs Critical Rush

Nukeyak
Nukeyak
✭✭
I'm trying to decide between these two morphs for Critical Charge. I'm thinking Stampede (2 sec immobilize) is handier for pvp while Critical Charge (damage increases with distance) is better for pve? Any insights between these two would be great. Thanks!
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats exactly right, actually. Pick which one you want based on what you do more of.

Personally, I prefer Rush, since more damage never hurts and bosses can't be immobilized.
    The Psijic Order
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are a DK I would definitely go with charge because if you follow charge with searing strike you will snare the enemy anyway through the warmth passive.

Critical rush is a pretty significant increase in damage. When I compared it to two beta runs it was a least 100 more damage. My Charges now do over 700 damage.

One other point on stampede. If you immobilize them then you can't charge in again, however if they are mobile and they get ~5 or so meters away from you then it's another opportunity to charge them again. It makes it a lot easier to kill them when they try to get away and stampede prevents that from happening.

With the exception of pinning a fleeing opponent down for the zerg I think Critical rush is the better choice all around. But even under those circumstances you can get the same effect by other means such as any manual CC in addition to the charge.
    Edited by Armitas on May 7, 2014 4:25PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't like when they put the distance thing on skills. You will get it once and then the enemy is on top of you most times anyways.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Nukeyak
    Nukeyak
    ✭✭
    Thanks for replies. Actually I'm a sorcerer, don't know if that matters. Maybe I could encase them after using critical rush.
  • SirPuppingtonVonHat
    SirPuppingtonVonHat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crit charge was insane before the added the minimum distance. You could basically just spam the move until you were out of stamina, and do quite a bit of damage (I wish that I could have tested it with critical surge). Its kinda needed from a balance perspective, although thats not to say that I wouldn't mind seeing the ability changed back.
    The Psijic Order
  • Crescent
    Crescent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I think the usual combo was uppercut>critical charge. But uppercut doesn't work on boss mobs and is a trash skill anyways just to be able to use critical charge.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nukeyak wrote: »
    Thanks for replies. Actually I'm a sorcerer, don't know if that matters. Maybe I could encase them after using critical rush.

Critical rush, then streak, Critical rush then streak, critical rush then streak. Not only will you be disorienting your target you will immediately get out of range for another critical rush. Your opponent probably won't even know what hit him. (might have just created a monster)

Even if bolt escape gets nerfed with a GCD it's a nice combo. Charge in charge out, range until it's back up.
    Edited by Armitas on May 7, 2014 9:34PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • beravinprb19_ESO
    beravinprb19_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who spends a lot of time in PvP, the immobilize from Stampede is too good to pass up. You can manage in PvE without the extra damage, as charge is not meant to be a main source of damage anyway. However, I do admit that I would love a means of changing as I shift from PvP to PvE and back. Immobilize does not work on most PvE elites...
    Edited by beravinprb19_ESO on May 8, 2014 7:04AM
  • Brasseurfb16_ESO
    Brasseurfb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you play a DK, Stampened has a synergy with Lava Whip wich staggers immobilized opponents, allowing you to Knock and deal extra dmg to your foe with your next heavy attack.

But otherwise, yes, both morphs are realy good.
  • Khazaad
    Khazaad
    ✭✭✭
    NiRN wrote: »
    I don't like when they put the distance thing on skills. You will get it once and then the enemy is on top of you most times anyways.

If could be a good last step in your opener though, especially if it proceeds knockdown. Now that you got me thinking, I 2H/sorc... I wonder if that sort of focus fire expediting Crystal Shard and Reverse Slash kickers would be beneficial. Actually.... (squeaky gears are heard turning slowly)