Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Should there be a Jewelry Hiring?

TTMighty
TTMighty
✭✭✭
This seems like an odd oversight and something that really should be in game.
  • gariondavey
    gariondavey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
    Options
  • Mithgil
    Mithgil
    ✭✭✭
    It's not an oversight, since Jewelry Crafting was added with the Summerset DLC. It was designed "on purpose" for no Hireling.

I agree it should have one. They recently made Jewelry Crafting much more in-line with the legacy crafting models. Perhaps we'll see one in the future.
    PC NA Yes, I use add-ons.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Options
  • Elrond87
    Elrond87
    ✭✭✭
    nah, it already drops x2 plating from writs unlike others
    PC|EU
    Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive. Elbert Hubbard

"If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present." Lao Tzu

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Oscar Wilde
    Options
  • Tenthirty2
    Tenthirty2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
    • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
    • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes it should.

They already removed grains to bring jewelcrafting more in line with the other crafts. Adding hirelings would be another step toward that goal.

I think they should also now consider removing the Summerset requirement. Jewelcrafting is the only craft with this type of requirement and this would be another step toward bringing it in line with the rest.
    PCNA
    Options
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should, but we've been asking for it for years, so I'm not holding my breath.
    Options
  • Vulkunne
    Vulkunne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely.
    Today Victory is mine, Long Live the Empire. GG
    Options
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea since it’s being brought in line with other crafting. Also they should get rid of pulverized traits.
    Options
  • joergino
    joergino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This should have been there right when jewelry crafting was introduced.
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't see why not. I wouldn't use one (just as I don't use any of the others) but sure, they should add one.

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • AzuraFan
    AzuraFan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there should be.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going to be contrary.

They should remove hirelings to bring them in line with jewelry crafting.

I feel like being hated today

😀
    Options
  • TaSheen
    TaSheen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL wolfie!

But even in books, the heroes make mistakes, and there isn't always a happy ending.

PC NA, PC EU (non steam)- three accounts, many alts....
    Options
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    I would have agreed with you if they didn't drop platings from writs after one of the recent updates. I'm pretty sure it was only the grains before that update. But now that it's platings, no way. Do daily writs, you'll never have to buy mats overpriced again. Otherwise this floods the market and makes them sink in value.
    Options
  • wolfie1.0.
    wolfie1.0.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nihilr wrote: »
    I would have agreed with you if they didn't drop platings from writs after one of the recent updates. I'm pretty sure it was only the grains before that update. But now that it's platings, no way. Do daily writs, you'll never have to buy mats overpriced again. Otherwise this floods the market and makes them sink in value.

Dreugh wax has been dropping from writs for years as well as hirelings. An increase in a drop rate won't gutter prices much compared to the change zos made.

Don't rely on storing wealth in mats overly much, you will get bitten eventually.

For example once zos gets around to revisiting pots again Columbine will tank again.
    Options
  • Nihilr
    Nihilr
    ✭✭✭
    wolfie1.0. wrote: »
    Nihilr wrote: »

Dreugh wax has been dropping from writs for years as well as hirelings. An increase in a drop rate won't gutter prices much compared to the change zos made.

Don't rely on storing wealth in mats overly much, you will get bitten eventually.

For example once zos gets around to revisiting pots again Columbine will tank again.

We don't hoard mats to to sell them, we hoard mats to avoid price fluctuations in case mats run dry when daily writs but not subbed. However I don't see us not subbing anytime soon.
    Options
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the revamp there is no reason not to
    Options
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it should.

They already removed grains to bring jewelcrafting more in line with the other crafts. Adding hirelings would be another step toward that goal.

I think they should also now consider removing the Summerset requirement. Jewelcrafting is the only craft with this type of requirement and this would be another step toward bringing it in line with the rest.

Agree with this, I dislike having to port new toons into Summerset just to get jewelry writs unlocked.
    Options