Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Guild Spotlight - The Noore"

• gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    so i dont know if i was the only one that caught this but, you made a SPECIFIC elder scrolls guild in "ELVISH" but not using elder scrolls lore to make the name...instead some other game. FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most people are used to Tolkin level elf cultures, but Bethesda has chosen to be very elusive about how much correct lore is out there. Leaves for more creativity and surprise for them, but less to build with when trying to give your Guild's lore an elvish taste. You end up working with what you find and then Borrowing to fill the gaps. We wanted a specific name, not a pile of eso Elven words, and so for the word clan we utilized a common Elven translator. Obviously, Bethesda wasn't put out by our liberties.

Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i dont know if i was the only one that caught this but, you made a SPECIFIC elder scrolls guild in "ELVISH" but not using elder scrolls lore to make the name...instead some other game. FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I used an elven-english translator to come up with some of the words that we use within our community, given that i couldn't find one with an extensive enough vocabulary in Elder Scrolls - doesn't seem to be a fail or bother our Lore Masters one bit

we had a good chuckle when we discovered that my guild title of Kanu (derived from that dictionary as 'kanu=lead' and which i personally chose) had nothing to do with leading people or being a leader, but is the boringly dull and heavy grey colored metal - i kept the erroneous title as a reminder that we can all make mistakes

'blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall be amused forever'

I can offer you two examples of some lore that we put together for our community that many have enjoyed reading - i am sure that if you spend enough time on it you'll find perhaps a discrepancy or two there also - you see what makes us the community that we are isn't that everything has to be PERFECT (though we try to do our best), rather that we are a fun loving group of people that doesn't wig out if a word is misspelled in a lorebook, or that somebodies build doesn't optimize the classes abilities or that dps isn't at a max - and yet we have a ton of fun and success - and for us, most importantly, we have a laugh whilst doing it

these links are to two of some of our interactive books:

http://willrijo.com/NooreLore/SimpleLife/

http://willrijo.com/NooreLore/WeightSilver/

D.
    Edited by Dleatherus on May 6, 2014 12:22AM
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • Zeelios
    Zeelios
    Soul Shriven
    Clicked on the recruitment link and it just prompts for login don't see a create account or anything. How do you try and join?
  • Dleatherus
    Dleatherus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we have had to suspend recruitment for a while due to the unprecedented number of people applying to join as a result of the incredible exposure we received from being the first guild featured on the ESO Guild Spotlight

just over 640 new registrations in 5 days

we have 79 spots left on the in game roster - you can see the problem

we have been asked to start another noore guild, or sister guild, or a 'training' or 'holding' guild, but we will not be doing so

the very essence that makes our community what we are, is our unique structure as well as our core principles - we prefer to remain a manageable size, rather than grow for the sake of having more numbers

contrary to what many our there think, we're not a zerg mentality guild wrapped up in pretty paper

so apologies to those still wishing to join and finding themselves unable to do so

humbled by the overwhelming response

D.
    Stands in Puddles VR12 NB
    Dleatherus VR10 Templar

Emperor Farmers, cheaters and exploiters - just like cockroaches in real life, Tamriel will never be rid of them
  • bruceb14_ESO5
    bruceb14_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like a great atmosphere with the smaller group structure within overall large guild. Friendly, fun while productive. Been looking for a moderate AD guild that embraces casual with hardcore and those who stumble on the jumps along with the parkour masters, who have organized PVP runs to join as well as PVE exploration and dungeon delving and gathering. ESO offers a world of opportunities to explore, it is great to have those solo relaxation times as well as the time to get more done in less time with people being themselves but having some common goals :). Grats on the spotlight and the building of the guild and if this blah blah message from an older gamer resonates, perhaps I'll find a "Noore" to join.
  • laislyn
    laislyn
    Congrats on the spotlight!

I was really looking to join your guild, but stopped myself when I read on your website that you could only be a member of The Noore, and no other guilds on a certain character. Sorry, but I love my current guild! Hope you guys find some other recruits. :)