Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Vampires and the 1.0.7 patch

zgrssd
zgrssd
✭✭✭✭
Patchnotes have been released (this is a patch where the NA server goes first, the EU server comes second).

What is (propably) relevant for Vampire balance:
"The Elder Scroll beacon effect will no longer vanish when the carrier uses the vampire ability Mist Form.
Fixed an issue with the ability Bat Swarm so it will no longer stack with itself. It will instead refresh if re-cast.
Reduced the cost reduction per stage of vampire abilities.
Reduced the movement speed bonus of the ability Mist Form."

If Batswarm used to stack this could have caused the Damage/Ultigain while in mistform to jump up to 11 as some people reported (if it stacks you might have multiplied ulti gain as well as damage). I guess "only one isntance" was the Balancing factor for Batswarm and this was one of the AoE abilities that lacked the intened balancing.
Also the lessened cost reduction should make spamming it harder (some people have reported that despite the high Mana cost people have been spamming mistform in combat, but I never saw a confirmation; propably only happens in late stages of vampirism).
Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.
  • demonlkojipub19_ESO
    demonlkojipub19_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This might mark the end of godmode for vampires.
  • Phoenix99
    Phoenix99
    ✭✭✭
    This might mark the end of godmode for vampires.

Nope, you still have sorc vamp being godly, because of the bolt escape with stun and invis swarm plus cost reductions to skills on sorc side.

• Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Run any build that generate ulti per strike and you still have godmode vamp... Truth is Vamp is still gunna be mendatory to all or nearly all NB build and most Vet build in the first place because even as a 200 ult cost or 160 ult cost (base at stage 4) This ult will still be better then running a silly storm atronach or any other buzz of button to about anyone. it provide 5 second of near invulnerability... full healing and massive aoe damage wich is something most ultimate cannot do.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on May 5, 2014 3:50PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just buff fighters guild so that way edwards will get wrecked in pvp and in pve they can still be happy roflstomping into infinite packs of enemies and winning(easy difficulty). B) Easy difficulty just has no place in pvp when it makes players who want to play on normal forced to play on EXTREME. Vampires in pvp is like somebody sabotaging you and putting a handicap on you. Like giving you a nerf gun in a war. Im not down for that, are you?
    Edited by xxslam48xxb14_ESO on May 5, 2014 4:40PM
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.
  • emperornerevarb14a_ESO
    All they needed to do was add PVP gear that reduced vampire damage by alot to the point where spamed abilities were not OP at all and not nerf vampire like they did. if you agree hit the agree button on my post.
  • zgrssd
    zgrssd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Now it has been a few days. Anybody got some numbers on the new values for the Vampire Stages cost reduction?
    Anybody see any decline in use of Vampires in PvP or rethinking about using Vampire in PvP?
    Elana Peterson (EU), Dominion, Imperial Sorc, Rune & Alchemy Crafting Char
    Leonida Peterson (EU), Daggerfall, Kajiit Nightblade, Tank & main Crafter
    Kurga Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Ork Dragonknight, Provision Mule
    Coldblood Peterson (EU) Argonian Templer, Daggerfall, Healer
    Incendia Peterson (EU), Dominion, Dunmer Dragonknight, fire DPS & healer
    Haldor Belendor (EU), Ebonhart, Breton Sorcerer, Tank
    Fuliminictus Peterson (EU), Ebonhart, Altmer Sorcerer, Electric DPS

Me babbling about PvE roles and Armor, Short Guide to Addon Programming (for Programmers)

If you think anything I or somebody else said violates the Rules of this Forum, you are free to flag my posts. Till I get any notifcaion from this, I just asume you know you have no case against me or Zenimax disagrees with you.