Maintenance for the week of September 16:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 16, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) – 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

We need spiral staircases

zetavivern
zetavivern
✭✭✭
I can't count the amount of times when I had to create ridiculous monstrosities in order to get to a second floor of anything I was building. Currently we only have straight staircases, which do fine in some cases (and wooden Leyawiin stairway has been a great addition to housing, btw), but they all have a significant disadvantage - they take up A LOT of space, since you need to fit the staircase itself and leave some free space on both ends of it. It can be solved to some extent by building improvised structures to walk on from pieces that weren't designed to be used as stairs, but it takes up dozens of furnishing slots and mostly looks hideous.
Spiral staircases would solve a lot of problems and allow for creative and elegant construction, since they take up half the space of normal staircases (or even less) and sometimes just look amazing. They're a must-have for any tower or castle-like structure and even for some small homes.

P.S.
Also the fact that there's exactly one kind of roof piece available is kinda frustrating.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried building one on the pts out of various furniture. I tried blocks and redguard footstools amongst other things. Couldn't really get a satisfactory build that I liked, was a nightmare.
  • zetavivern
    zetavivern
    ✭✭✭
    A year and a half later there is still only ONE roof piece in the game (if you do not count stone roofs, and who in their right mind would count those) and still no spiral stairways. Come on, devs, you give us all those wonderful walls to build with each year, but no roof pieces at all? And I get that it might be difficult to solve foot placement and climbing issues on spiral staircases (or it might not be), but it would allow for such freedom in building that I honestly can't understand why there haven't been at least one spiral staircase yet. There are towers with spiral and angled stairs in the game, and they're mostly huge, but at least let us build with those if we can't have something new.
    Edited by zetavivern on June 23, 2023 9:55PM
  • Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    Thee_Cheshire_Cat
    ✭✭✭✭
    A real spiral staircase would be WONDERFUL. Wholeheartedly agree.

There is a drop off from the upper level of hundlings palace hall, that would be a perfect place for stairs... and i've tried to put something in there, however it's always been a mess.

Thing is, when we have to try and build our own staircases from scratch, you don't usually have the smooth walking ability to ascend them. You have to jump each stair to climb. With a premade spiral, it would be a smooth.
    Lady Kat, from the Cheshire Cats.Interested in HEAVY RP? IC at -all- times? https://thecheshirecatseso.proboards.com/#CheshireCats_RPnow
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or a point to point teleport. I'm with you on the monstrosities I've had to build as I like to build towers. I've flipped rocks upsides down to spiral up(it actually "worked" as that was a coldharbor build and the jagged "dripping" rocks looked good there) used several natural limestone stairs to spiral up each level on a watchtower, and even used snow patches to spiral/ramp up each level in my glass/frost tower in Stillwaters.

I'm still concerned that a stock spiral staircase (or several) would be a poor fit(size or design) for some builds though. Its why I'd rather see a point to point teleport furniture release though.
  • ElderOfTamriel
    ElderOfTamriel
    ✭✭✭
    There is actually a round Nekrom roof piece now but it kinda looks weird, seems like i still have to build the roof myself with some items. I built a spiral staircase on my clockwork-themed observatory out of "Table, Blackmaroow Slab" and "Statue Base, Circular" and it works but its pretty buggy and not smooth at all.

https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/table-blackmarrow-slab
    https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/statue-base-circular

Buuut i actually found a spiral staircase in the game files some days ago, ill will be added to the game very soon i believe. :))
    Fits perfectly into my home, not too sure about its size, also dont know if it will be craftable, luxury vendor item or even only from crown housing store or a furnishing pack. Time will tell ;)

https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/clockwork-stairway-spiral
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⡴⠶⠶⣤⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⠛⠉⠛⢿⡿⠿⠶⠶⢤⣤⣠⣠⡤⠤⠶⠚⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠳⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣤⣶⣄⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣸⠃⠀⠀⠀⠘⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣴⡞⣿⠛⢻⣍⣿⣯⡿⢿⡷⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⢀⢀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⣷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⣴⠾⣿⣿⡷⠿⠛⠙⢹⣏⣉⣉⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢸⢿⡟⠛⠛⡆⠀⠀"𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔴𝔥𝔢𝔢𝔩 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢 𝔱𝔲𝔯𝔫𝔰, ⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⣠⡾⠻⣫⣾⠟⠉⠀⠀⠀⣘⣛⣿⡿⠟⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠘⣧⠀⠘⠀⡇⠀⠀⢷⠀⠀⠀⠀ 𝔞𝔤𝔢𝔰 𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔭𝔞𝔰𝔰,⠀⠀ ⠀⠸⡆⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⢀⡴⠛⣧⡾⠛⠋⠀⠀⠀⣶⣚⣿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⠷⣤⣴⣧⠴⠶⢿⡇⠀⠀𝔩𝔢𝔞𝔳𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯𝔦𝔢𝔰 𝔱𝔥𝔞𝔱⠀⠀ ⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢠⣿⢻⣾⠏⠀⠀ ⣀⣠⣾⠿⠷⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀𝔟𝔢𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 𝔩𝔢𝔤𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰."⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢹⡄⠀⠸⡛⠓⢿⣙⡟⠁⠀⢤⣄⣴⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀~~~~~~~~~~⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠺⡇⠀⠀⣯⣽⣾⣿⣵⣖⡒⠚⠋⠈⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⢀⡇⠀⠈⣇⢸⡿⠋⣹⡇⣹⠇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢾⣇⠀⠀⣸⣿⡿⠓⠈⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣯ ⢀⣾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠚⢛⣿⠿⠂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣾⡟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⡏⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠐⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢠⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠤⣿⡥⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠻⣤⣤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢳⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢳⡄⠀⠀⣀⡴⠖⠛⢦⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⢠⡟⠉⠛⠻⣷⢦⣤⣀⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣿⠷⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠹⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠐⣷⣀⠈⢧⡀⠉⠉⠓⠒⠒⠛⠉⠉⠉⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⢹⡟⠛⠛⣧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠘⣇⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⢀⡇⠀⠀⢸⡄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢹⡄⠀⠀⠳⣄⣼⣁⣀⣀⣼⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢧⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠉⠁⠁⡝⠀⠀⢀⣠⣤⠤⠶⠒⠒⠒⠒⠶⠤⣤⣀⣀⣀⣠⡾⠋⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢷⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣼⣧⡴⠞⠋⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠙⠛⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠙⢦⣄⣀⣠⠾⠋⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
    PC-EU
    in-game: @ElderOfTamriel
    Painting Gallery, containing every single painting (Doomchar Plateau): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",90)
    Clockwork Planetarium (Coldharbour Surreal Estate): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",47)
    Magetower with Biblioteque (Amayalake Lodge): /script JumpToSpecificHouse("@ElderOfTamriel",43)
    Rare Furnishing Item Collector by heart
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is actually a round Nekrom roof piece now but it kinda looks weird, seems like i still have to build the roof myself with some items. I built a spiral staircase on my clockwork-themed observatory out of "Table, Blackmaroow Slab" and "Statue Base, Circular" and it works but its pretty buggy and not smooth at all.

https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/table-blackmarrow-slab
    https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/statue-base-circular

Buuut i actually found a spiral staircase in the game files some days ago, ill will be added to the game very soon i believe. :))
    Fits perfectly into my home, not too sure about its size, also dont know if it will be craftable, luxury vendor item or even only from crown housing store or a furnishing pack. Time will tell ;)

https://eso-hub.com/en/furniture/clockwork-stairway-spiral

That is awesome! I have wonderd for years why this item has not been released.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • AlCiao
    AlCiao
    ✭✭✭
    I literally just came here to suggest a spiral staircase furnishing, and this thread was at the top, lol.

Hopefully that does get released, as well as others, for all the reasons others have said.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yes please

i made my own with the limestone from Summerset homegoods, but one furnishing would be better than building one
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please spiral staircase!!!

Oh I'm imagining how good that would look in a castle.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral yes! Also, stair pieces with railing that are curved so we can build curved staircases to fit the building. It's a pain to try to make a curved staircase with those short straight pieces.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral yes! Also, stair pieces with railing that are curved so we can build curved staircases to fit the building. It's a pain to try to make a curved staircase with those short straight pieces.

That is a really good idea, not to mention the amount of furnishings used to make curved staircases. The more appropriate pieces we have, the less we should have to use which should increase render performance.
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA