Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Maybe a poison staff?

Lindur
Lindur
I got the idea a while ago that I think we should get a poison staff as a different kind of staff for the restoration staff skill line, kind of like how you have different types of destruction staffs, anyone else?
  • Erotes
    Erotes
    ✭✭✭
    I love the idea of different types of healing staves. Some variation in the attacks would be amazing. I have posted about this before but am just extremely adamant about getting melee staves. A melee variation would make my day.

As for the poison idea, sounds cool but how would it work? Maybe a siphon healing staff would be more fitting. Lower dps but it would heal the caster after the channel is complete.
  • AlexDougherty
    AlexDougherty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can add a poison effect to staffs with enchantment, I've added it to an ice staff. It adds a poison effect to it's damage, so if you hit somebody and then switch targets, they still loose health.
    People believe what they either want to be true or what they are afraid is true!
    Wizard's first rule
    Passion rules reason
    Wizard's third rule
    Mind what people Do, not what they say, for actions betray a lie.
    Wizard's fifth rule
    Willfully turning aside from the truth is treason to one's self
    Wizard's tenth rule
  • Mivryna
    Mivryna
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see all sorts of other effects, like Miraak had with his staff, or green fire and the like. x3
  • Lindur
    Lindur
    I thought of this because in skyrim, there was a poison spell in the restoration category
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    I have always used a Restro staff from level 4 on. I have always used the poison glyph for extra damage. I love the smurf juice boost and have seen well over 20 mobs fall over dead as the poison DoT killed them while I was healing or kiting around. I tried fire damage on one staff but did not like the "feel" of it.