The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Screw this, I can not cope with this

lorgarnb16_ESO
I wanted to return to the game after about 2 years.

After the rather long process of downloading the whole game, I now spend one hour figuring out my login. This included registration emails not arriving, login forms on the website not working, finding out that there are apparently two different logins necessary (as I can login to the forums but not to the game or the account page), rechecking username, and userID (which also are apparently two different things), trying to reset the password several times and finally got stuck on the secret message, which you can not reset without handing in a ticket (which I am unsure how to do, without being able to login in the first place).

Perhaps you should state that you are basically [snip], when you forget your password to this account

So no, I will not go down this rabbit hole. Yes, I know it is a rant, nothing more, nothing less, about this game should have a working two factor authentication or something similar.

I removed everything the updater downloaded in the past hours, as I do not want to be agitated by this, because the whole login mechanism is a huge mess, and I WILL NOT put my very little free time into sorting out this mess.

Bye...

[edited for profanity bypass]
Edited by ZOS_Bill on December 27, 2023 5:04PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was difficult to get my game up again too. I almost gave up as well. Verification system is broken.
  • haelgaan
    haelgaan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    verification system is way broken. popups saying check your email abound, despite the fact that the system doesn't actually send an email.

yes, forum is a separate login. if i recall correctly, if you can log in to your store account, you can log in to the game...
  • ZOS_Phoenix
    @lorgarnb16_ESO

If you are still experiencing this issue, please try the steps in this article to try and resolve the issue.

If the issue persists, please open a ticket with us here so that we can help further.
    Staff Post
  • shijian452
    shijian452
    ✭✭✭
    Strongly agree
    Edited by shijian452 on December 14, 2023 8:13PM
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just for fun, the support portal to open tickets is also a separate login.

Or maybe it’s the same login, but it’s a separate registration.
    Edited by Reverb on December 15, 2023 1:45AM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that remembering a unique and hard to guess password and the answers to secret questions for every site I have to use is a bit much. Years ago, I decided to use a password manager. Lots of password managers out there, millions of people use them.

Maybe consider working with ZOS support to fix your login issue, and then start using a password manager. Personally, I think it's great not to have to worry about forgetting a password.
  • Amottica
    Amottica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I concur about using a password manager, It significantly improves the security of our accounts since we can use much more complex passwords but it also makes it so we need to remember only one password and that is for the password manager.

With my password manager, I can also save other information such as the answers to the security questions for future reference.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use a password manager, too. Not only does this mean I never forget my password, it also means I don't have to know the password. It can be a jumble of random letters, numbers, and symbols that I almost never even see.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    As this discussion is now a few months old, we've decided to close it going forward. If you still need further assistance, please go ahead and start a new thread in the General Help section.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.