Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Any idea how to make the back of witches coven look more dense with trees?

Mr_Madness
Mr_Madness
✭✭✭
awz1xdmsg1xs.jpg
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I used large cherry trees from Auridon and flipped them over to make a canopy, maybe can do something like that to make some more branches to hide the emptiness? Or just keep adding trees.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw a build that did just that — I will see if I can find it. Basically, add lots of large trees beyond the property line — trees with a lot of horizontal size and detail such as the ancient banyans from the Grahtwood furnishing vendor are useful to include and I think would fit with the look of the area, with some smaller trees and plants scattered in the front and where visible.

EDIT: Sadly the one I had in mind is no longer posted (An Elder Scrolls Forest). :'( But you might search the forum for the thread Forest Cottage, although the focus is on the cottage, the surrounding trees and other elements make it look like a cottage in a forest in High Isle.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 21, 2023 8:08PM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    I used large cherry trees from Auridon and flipped them over to make a canopy, maybe can do something like that to make some more branches to hide the emptiness? Or just keep adding trees.

I'll try that but have to be cost effective since dead oak trees cost crowns and using PTS to figure out what I should do on live version.
    I saw a build that did just that — I will see if I can find it. Basically, add lots of large trees beyond the property line — trees with a lot of horizontal size and detail such as the ancient banyans from the Grahtwood furnishing vendor are useful to include and I think would fit with the look of the area, with some smaller trees and plants scattered in the front and where visible.

EDIT: Sadly the one I had in mind is no longer posted (An Elder Scrolls Forest). :'( But you might search the forum for the thread Forest Cottage, although the focus is on the cottage, the surrounding trees and other elements make it look like a cottage in High Isle.

The fores5t cottage is portable so I check it out tomorrow so thanks for the advice. I'll try use bamyan but from top of your head could you think of something that could blend with the dead oak trees?
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Madness wrote: »

I'll try that but have to be cost effective since dead oak trees cost crowns and using PTS to figure out what I should do on live version.

EDIT: Sadly the one I had in mind is no longer posted (An Elder Scrolls Forest). :'( But you might search the forum for the thread Forest Cottage, although the focus is on the cottage, the surrounding trees and other elements make it look like a cottage in High Isle.

The fores5t cottage is portable so I check it out tomorrow so thanks for the advice. I'll try use bamyan but from top of your head could you think of something that could blend with the dead oak trees?

You don’t want all of the trees to be dead, do you? It is going to be much more difficult to create a feel of a dense forest with such trees because they take up relatively little visual space (compared to large shade trees, figs trees, banyans, etc.).

What is your goal with this build? If you want a whole forest that has died somehow all at once, lots of dead trees (check the Glenumbra furnishing vendor in Daggerfall) may be the only way. Or you could mix these in with new growth and fallen trees if it is part of the natural cycle.
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭

You don’t want all of the trees to be dead, do you? It is going to be much more difficult to create a feel of a dense forest with such trees because they take up relatively little visual space (compared to large shade trees, figs trees, banyans, etc.).

What is your goal with this build? If you want a whole forest that has died somehow all at once, lots of dead trees (check the Glenumbra furnishing vendor in Daggerfall) may be the only way. Or you could mix these in with new growth and fallen trees if it is part of the natural cycle.

Ah yeah true, I want the forest part sorta look like taken from Tim Burtons Alice in Wonderland.
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tree, Old Charred Oak-400g, Tree, Charred Oak-250g, Tree, Young Charred Oak-100g, all three from Fargrave home goods vendor but lack the detail from your oak's branch ends.

Maybe you could mix them in and still make the area look fuller?

Edit:- I totally forgot about Tree, Murkmire Ossuary(which is maybe a bit too creepy?) and Witch’s Tree, Charred(which is very, very small tbh) both are from Lux Vendor at Halloween but should be available at guild traders.
    Edited by freespirit on December 21, 2023 6:30PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spend dozens upon dozens slots on "giant" trees.

The tree furnishings is one of the most disappointing plant furnishings we have. ESO's trees are terrible with too small crowns. The so called Giant Trees aren't very giant, and we need clusters of trees to save slots, but we only get singles.
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »
    Tree, Old Charred Oak-400g, Tree, Charred Oak-250g, Tree, Young Charred Oak-100g, all three from Fargrave home goods vendor but lack the detail from your oak's branch ends.

Edit:- I totally forgot about Tree, Murkmire Ossuary(which is maybe a bit too creepy?) and Witch’s Tree, Charred(which is very, very small tbh) both are from Lux Vendor at Halloween but should be available at guild traders.

What about the Briarheart Tree, Replica?

Also ngl kinda mad that they don't list these in the tree section
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    freespirit wrote: »

What about the Briarheart Tree, Replica?

Also ngl kinda mad that they don't list these in the tree section

Briarheart Tree, Replica is on of my fav trees, I just went with the "dead wood" look :)

Edit:- Although not entirely up to date anymore :( ESO Fashion is still a great resource to look up furnishings and has the best pictures imo.
    Edited by freespirit on December 21, 2023 6:51PM
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fill in the branches with some ivy maybe?
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't want mine to look more dense but rather more lively (I wanted it to look like a temple that could perform weddings that reclaimed the property after the exorcism), but the same concept could be used to make it more dense. I put trees near the entrance, on top of the rocks, and outside the property line to give it more of a lively look. I also used hedges.

pd837b43mp9b.jpg
    m8cnzibzv3mc.jpg
    rftr5mc12yea.jpg
    Edited by spartaxoxo on December 22, 2023 1:38AM
  • Mr_Madness
    Mr_Madness
    ✭✭✭
    Fill in the branches with some ivy maybe?

Not gonna lie, legit did not see that Ivy and only the wall one.
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    I didn't want mine to look more dense but rather more lively (I wanted it to look like a temple that could perform weddings that reclaimed the property after the exorcism), but the same concept could be used to make it more dense. I put trees near the entrance, on top of the rocks, and outside the property line to give it more of a lively look. I also used hedges.

pd837b43mp9b.jpg
    m8cnzibzv3mc.jpg
    rftr5mc12yea.jpg

I would like that but mostly want to cover the back so there is no ocean/sea because want to pretend the home is a secret alchemy garden