The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

New Life Festival starting this Thursday?

• ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I guess I didn't read too much into Kevin's wording after all...

Wish I did.

To say I am disappointed is an understatement.
    Options
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey, january 3rd is ONE whole day longer than usual (tuesday). That's... uh...
    Options
  • LatentBuzzard
    LatentBuzzard
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    We haven't announced dates for the event yet. We are working on announcement article stuff now. So keep your eyes open for the next week or so for more info.

But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths.

So last year the New Life Festival ran from the 15th December to the 3rd January and the year before that it was from the 16th December to the 4th January. This year it's from the 21st December to the 3rd January i.e. a week shorter than previous years. Tell us again how you're not cutting this year's event short Kevin.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We haven't announced dates for the event yet. We are working on announcement article stuff now. So keep your eyes open for the next week or so for more info.

But we are not cutting the event short. It will be inline with our other event lengths.

So last year the New Life Festival ran from the 15th December to the 3rd January and the year before that it was from the 16th December to the 4th January. This year it's from the 21st December to the 3rd January i.e. a week shorter than previous years. Tell us again how you're not cutting this year's event short Kevin.

f0qkk090md1u.jpg
    Options
  • Lykeion
    Lykeion
    ✭✭✭✭

8hws5wmsbbsi.png
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He said that it would be inline with other event lengths — and isn’t that two weeks? That seems a reasonable length for any event to me.

Plus, if I’m not mistaken, this year’s event morphs have cost less so there’s less need for a long final event with more tickets. Past event items have been rotating through being available again, so no one needs to feel they’ve missed their last chance if they aren’t able to get a particular item during the New Life Festival.

(Edit: I stand corrected.)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 18, 2023 5:45PM
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

He said that it would be inline with other event lengths — and isn’t that two weeks? That seems a reasonable length for any event to me.

Plus, if I’m not mistaken, this year’s event morphs have cost less so there’s less need for a long final event with more tickets. Finally, past event items have been rotating through being available again, so no one needs to feel they’ve missed their last chance if they aren’t able to get a particular item during the New Life Festival.

which event morphs cost less?
    the fragments cost 10 event tickets and 30 in total just like last year.
    2021 had doomchar plateau which was 50 in total, but that's a house.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • EF321
    EF321
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ApoAlaia wrote: »

f0qkk090md1u.jpg

It turned out they really meant with other events, not with other new life events :'(
    Edited by EF321 on December 18, 2023 5:51PM
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »

Plus, if I’m not mistaken, this year’s event morphs have cost less so there’s less need for a long final event with more tickets. Finally, past event items have been rotating through being available again, so no one needs to feel they’ve missed their last chance if they aren’t able to get a particular item during the New Life Festival.

which event morphs cost less?
    the fragments cost 10 event tickets and 30 in total just like last year.
    2021 had doomchar plateau which was 50 in total, but that's a house.

I thought there used to be four fragments (40 tickets) for each morph in addition to the base form.

Edit: You are right. I guess this has not been the case since the Indriks!
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 18, 2023 5:47PM
    Options
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭

Looking at the previous years' collectibles, we can see that the only way this year's collectible is cheaper is if you look solely at the house morph. Here are the UESP articles for the collectible items for three given years, showing they aren't any cheaper this year.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unstable_Morpholith
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Soulfire_Dragon_Illusion
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Passion_Dancer_Blossom

Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking at the previous years' collectibles, we can see that the only way this year's collectible is cheaper is if you look solely at the house morph. Here are the UESP articles for the collectible items for three given years, showing they aren't any cheaper this year.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Unstable_Morpholith
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Soulfire_Dragon_Illusion
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Passion_Dancer_Blossom

Thank you for the information! I stand corrected.
    Options
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I haven't done the math but my educated guess is that the addition of Zenithar as a recurrent event - even in this year's somewhat diminished form compared to it's first 2022 run - means that we have now higher 'ticket earning potential' than previous years.

Ultimately joke's on me (when it comes to my own disappointment); these events are unlikely to be solely for the player's benefit, in fact I'd argue that is probably not high in the order of consideration, and more a balancing act on their part for whatever metrics they have chosen to abide by.

Wish I could say this is the last time my wants and wishes get in the way of my better judgement but in all likelihood it won't.

Options
  • Mrrshaw
    Mrrshaw
    Taken from the news article: "
    You can earn up to a colossal 42 Event Tickets by the event’s end!"

Personally, I am sad that I will loose a week of double experience.
    Options
  • Destai
    Destai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So I think some follow up is warranted here, @ZOS_Kevin - the event is the shortest New Life Festival to date. It's 14 days long, and has been historically ~20 days. Seems like it's being cut short to me. Is the intent to bring this event in line with other non-NLF events?
    Edited by Destai on December 18, 2023 8:37PM
    Options
  • Number_51
    Number_51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did the info come that's it's ending the 3rd? The 2023 New Life Festival in-game event begins Thursday, December 21, 2023, at 10AM EST, and continues until Wednesday, January 9, 2024, at 10AM EST.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/65233
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, we have an update on the New Life Festival duration. You can find the post here. Thanks again for your feedback and comments regarding timing.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ApoAlaia
    ApoAlaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi All, we have an update on the New Life Festival duration. You can find the post here. Thanks again for your feedback and comments regarding timing.

Thank you Kevin, much appreciated.
    Options
  • omen13
    omen13
    ✭✭
    So I was just curious, other then this:
    qad9u6g4yvis.png

Is there anything else new about the event?

I am just getting back to the game and find these fragment things kinda odd and confusing. So basically you wont get enough tickets in one event to get everything and will need to do several events to get everything you need? How long have they been doing it this way?
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    omen13 wrote: »
    So I was just curious, other then this:
    qad9u6g4yvis.png

Is there anything else new about the event?

I am just getting back to the game and find these fragment things kinda odd and confusing. So basically you wont get enough tickets in one event to get everything and will need to do several events to get everything you need? How long have they been doing it this way?

since 2018, it started with indrik mounts.
    you can get the indriks at the Belkarth Festival Grounds in Craglorn though only two mounts available per quarter.

the impresario's assistant has 2021 fragments and will likely also have 2022 fragments in the future.

and New Life Festival has the last fragment of the new Hoardhunter Ursauk.
    60 event tickets is enough for the pet twice and one of this year's event collectibles, for example the Ursauk.
    if you don't have any fragments yet that is.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options