The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

2023 Q4 Event Schedule (October through December)

ZOS_Kevin
ZOS_Kevin
Community Manager
Hi All! Here are the next set of in-game events for Q4 2023! We will update with more specific times as we get closer to the in-game events and link to the appropriate article. Thanks!

Witches Festival
Article Link
Start: Thursday, October 26 @ 10AM
End: Tuesday, November 7 @ 10AM

Gates of Oblivion Celebration
Article Link
Start: Thursday, November 16 @ 10AM
End: Tuesday, November 28 @ 10AM

New Life Festival
Article Link
Start: Thursday, December 21 @ 10AM
End: Wednesday, January 3, 2024 @ 10AM Tuesday, January 9, 2024 @ 10AM

ndebbe5vkz0d.jpg
Edited by ZOS_Kevin on February 15, 2024 3:00PM
Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
Staff Post
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nice :3
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predictions:
    October 19
    November 16
    December 22
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
    Options
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Predictions:
    October 19
    November 16
    December 22

Hope so , my BDAY is on 20th and booked that week off
    Options
  • TheRimOfTheSky
    TheRimOfTheSky
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hi All! Here are the next set of in-game events for Q4 2023! Thanks!

Witches Festival
    Article Link
    Start: TBD
    End: TBD

Gates of Oblivion Celebration
    Article Link

New Life Festival
    Article Link

The preview of this post on Discord didn't include the image at the end so all I saw was this ^ 💀 gave me these vibes:

tumblr_inline_pg5qd5KuIs1ujfscj_1280.jpg
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Predictions:
    October 19
    November 16
    December 22

My guess would be October 26 for the Witches Festival, because the 19th is so close (just under a week away) that it seems like they probably would have been able to give us the start and end dates if it were that close-- and October 26 is more of a "late October" date than October 19. Also, most events run for 12 days-- from a Thursday to a Tuesday-- and 19+12=31, so if it starts on the 19th then it will technically end before Halloween, since it would end at 10 AM Eastern and Halloween would be later that evening. But if it were to start on the 26th then it would be in full swing on Halloween and continue for a week after.

Addendum: Eh, given the closing date on the spooky decorations contest and the date of the upcoming extra-long servers maintenance, maybe the 19th is correct after all. /shrug
    Edited by SeaGtGruff on October 13, 2023 9:09PM
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Predictions:
    October 19
    November 16
    December 22

My guess would be October 26 for the Witches Festival, because the 19th is so close (just under a week away) that it seems like they probably would have been able to give us the start and end dates if it were that close-- and October 26 is more of a "late October" date than October 19. Also, most events run for 12 days-- from a Thursday to a Tuesday-- and 19+12=31, so if it starts on the 19th then it will technically end before Halloween, since it would end at 10 AM Eastern and Halloween would be later that evening. But if it were to start on the 26th then it would be in full swing on Halloween and continue for a week after.

Addendum: Eh, given the closing date on the spooky decorations contest and the date of the upcoming extra-long servers maintenance, maybe the 19th is correct after all. /shrug

the 19th sounds right because 12 days after the 19th is the 31st, which is a tuesday

the 30th is also the same day U40 releases
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, and if Gates of Oblivion (return to Blackwood and the Deadlands?) is supposed to be in mid November, it would make more sense to have the Witches Festival end on the last day of October rather than including the first week of November.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, and if Gates of Oblivion (return to Blackwood and the Deadlands?) is supposed to be in mid November, it would make more sense to have the Witches Festival end on the last day of October rather than including the first week of November.

i think witches' festival will end on at least November 1 as past festivals have ended then or later.
    october 31st is Halloween and it makes sense to include the whole day instead of just half of it.

and mid November would likely be the 16th so it doesn't really matter if witches' festival includes a part of the first week of November.
    there'd still be two weeks in between them.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Hamfast
    Hamfast
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is this where I post a bug? none of the links work :p
    Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most...
    Options
  • TechMaybeHic
    TechMaybeHic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Can you call it a schedule when you don't have any dates actually scheduled? Seems more like a loose plan than a schedule
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you call it a schedule when you don't have any dates actually scheduled? Seems more like a loose plan than a schedule

It’s a loose schedule ;)
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 17, 2023 11:28PM
    Options
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witches event must end shortly after Update 40 goes live so I would say Witches event is this Thursday the 19th and it usually goes for 2 weeks so this would seem correct.
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Witches event must end shortly after Update 40 goes live so I would say Witches event is this Thursday the 19th and it usually goes for 2 weeks so this would seem correct.

why must it end shortly after update 40 goes live on PC?

witches festival has nearly always started this week on a thursday that's why 19 is what people are guessing.

🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • nvy.lotrob14_ESO
    My birthday is the 21st, PLEEEASE make my B-day present the witches festival starting this weekend! = )
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager

We updated it over time as we get the articles and information 100% certain on our end. We just set this up so that everyone knows what's coming next. But we will have some an update soon for Witches Festival.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

This made me laugh; so tongue-in-cheek but probably true. o:)

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin , any update on the Witches Festival??? :cry:
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Lumsdenml wrote: »
    @ZOS_Kevin , any update on the Witches Festival??? :cry:

Keep an eye out over the next few days. We should have something for you!
    giphy.gif
    Options
    Staff Post
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like maybe my original guess of October 26 was right after all.
    Options
  • Lumsdenml
    Lumsdenml
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sooooo far away..... :scream:
    In game ID: @KnightOfTacoma
    Main: Black Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50/CP 2160 Nightblade NA PC - Grand Master Crafter, adventurer and part time ganker. Rank 35 - Palatine Grade 1
    PVP Main:Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Rank 29 - Brigadier Grade 1 - Ravenwatch veteran. Blood for the Pact!
    Guild: The Disenfranchised - ZZ!
    Obituary:
    RIP Priest of Tacoma - EP Lvl 22 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the Garden of Shadows.
    RIP.Viscount of Tacoma - EP Lvl 18 Dragon Knight NA PC Kyne - Lost in the war.
    RIP. Squire of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Knahaten Flu.
    RIP Reaper of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died of Consumption.
    RIP Sovereign of Tacoma - EP Lvl 32 NightBlade NA PC Kyne - Lost at The Battle of Brindle, December 13, 2018.
    RIP Dauphin of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC Kyne - Overdosed on Skooma.
    RIP Wraith of Tacoma - EP Lvl 10 Dragon Knight NA PC - Eaten by a dragon.
    RIP Red Knight of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Died at the Battle of Chalmen, March 18th, 2021.
    RIP Maharajah of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Templar NA PC - Lost in a sandstorm.
    RIP Vampire Of Tacoma - EP Lvl 50 Sorcerer NA PC - Fell asleep in the sun. RIP
    Options
  • Victus
    Victus
    ✭✭✭
    Lumsdenml wrote: »

sooooo far away..... :scream:

It does seem so far away! :sob:
    Throm the First - Redguard Dragon Knight - Daggerfall Covenant
    Options
  • Gracous
    Gracous
    ✭✭✭
    Why cant they tell us ahead of time rather than telling us the day it happens or two days after is starts?
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Gracous wrote: »
    Why cant they tell us ahead of time rather than telling us the day it happens or two days after is starts?

We don’t wait until after the event starts. We try to give enough lead time, but sometimes scheduling gets in the way of a longer lead time. And will note that sometimes the announcement comes a few days ahead rather than the week of lead time we aim for. But we do not wait until after the event starts.

Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Article Link and Times for Witches Festival is live.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • poleth1984
    poleth1984
    ✭✭
    its the fifteenth of december and you still dont know when new life is happening?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    poleth1984 wrote: »
    its the fifteenth of december and you still dont know when new life is happening?

It was posted elsewhere that it is December 21. Check the Dev Tracker.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    The original post has been updated with the New Life Festival Dates and Article.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    The original post has been updated with the New Life Festival Dates and Article.

Thanks. So it is a week shorter this year, then. :disappointed:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Quick Edit: New Life has been extended to Jan. 9. Full details here.
    Options
    Staff Post