The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

[Help]Can ZOS tell us why my friend was permanently banned?

evymyu233
evymyu233
✭✭✭✭
Hello ZOS official, I am posting this post just to ask why my friend's accounts(@shijian452, @juzixigua183) were permanently banned without receiving any notification to tell the reason. My friend is not only a loyal player who has played for more than 10,000 hours in 6 years, he is also one of the important contributors to the Chinese community. At least 1/5 of the Chinese players have got help from his work. Due to his unreasonable ban, it has had a lot of negative impact on the Chinese community. Several of my guildmates who have played for more than 5,000 hours have made it clear that if ZOS cannot protect their legal rights, they will no longer invest time and effort in the game. Therefore, we hope that ZOS can pay attention to this matter and at least provide him with relevant information in time. Thank you.
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Icy
Edited by ZOS_Phoenix on December 16, 2023 4:17AM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think your friend will need to contact Customer Support directly (there's a link at the top of this page). I don't think ZOS will discuss why one player was banned with another player, and definitely aren't going to do it openly on the forum.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    I think your friend will need to contact Customer Support directly (there's a link at the top of this page). I don't think ZOS will discuss why one player was banned with another player, and definitely aren't going to do it openly on the forum.

In fact, my friend had contacted customer service a few days ago, and the customer service responded once, but did not give any useful information (such as why he was banned). Then he tried to seek help on the forum, but was directly banned by ZOS. He lost his forum account, so we posted on the forum to help him speak out.
    Edited by evymyu233 on December 15, 2023 9:35AM
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When a ticket reply is received, it must be replied to or the case will be closed. It may take a few replies to get past the automated reply to a human one. Your friend will need to persevere with his ticket as nobody will discuss it with anyone else or in any public forum. Multiple tickets will take it to the back of the queue.
    Options
  • Grizzbeorn
    Grizzbeorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Moderation is a private subject between ZOS and a player.
    They will not talk about it openly (such as on the forum), and they will not disclose any information to anyone other than the player who was moderated.
      PC/NA Warden Main
      Options
    • gariondavey
      gariondavey
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      @ZOS_Kevin is the only one who can help in situations like this, I've seen him fix many problems like this
      PC NA @gariondavey, BG, IC & Cyrodiil Focused Since October 2017 Stamplar (main), Magplar, Magsorc, Stamsorc, StamDK, MagDK, Stamblade, Magblade, Magden, Stamden
      Options
    • evymyu233
      evymyu233
      ✭✭✭✭
      @ZOS_Kevin is the only one who can help in situations like this, I've seen him fix many problems like this

i hope kevin can help.From what I've heard,players often get banned by ZOS by mistake without any reason being informed. These people usually need to communicate hard and wait for several weeks before they can be unbanned. Some people even get banned after just buying the game.
      Options
    • Olen_Mikko
      Olen_Mikko
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes, reveal the case open for public rather than contacting the customer support. That'll help
      NB enthusiastic:
      1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
      2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
      3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
      4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
      Options
    • Tenthirty2
      Tenthirty2
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      evymyu233 wrote: »
      Hello ZOS official, I am posting this post just to ask why my friend's accounts(@shijian452, @juzixigua183) were permanently banned without receiving any notification to tell the reason. My friend is not only a loyal player who has played for more than 10,000 hours in 6 years, he is also one of the important contributors to the Chinese community. At least 1/5 of the Chinese players have got help from his work. Due to his unreasonable ban, it has had a lot of negative impact on the Chinese community. Several of my guildmates who have played for more than 5,000 hours have made it clear that if ZOS cannot protect their legal rights, they will no longer invest time and effort in the game. Therefore, we hope that ZOS can pay attention to this matter and at least provide him with relevant information in time. Thank you.
      @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_Kevin @ZOS_Icy

There are no "legal rights" to protect in the scenario you outline above.
      The only legal rights ZOS would be obligated to protect would be players personal data and privacy information. Your friend getting banned has no impact on anyone's legal rights. Everyone reads and agrees to the ToS when they create an account and play the game. So your friend violated something in the ToS whether knowingly or unknowingly.

That said, I have seen people complain occasionally about sudden bans like this and found it to be an anti-cheat algorithm being triggered by something the player was doing unknowingly but the system flagged it as "exploiting" IIRC it was things like crafting large numbers of items at once, etc. Can't recall specifically and I think it was tuned a bit better in one of the recent patches.

Other thing to consider is what add-ons your friend is\was using. Most addons are fine, but I did read about one or two that were specifically designed for PVP that could cause issues like this. Code injections would be another thing that would likely get flagged.

Like others have said tho, if Kevin replies he may be able to look into it for your friend using the case number.
      Edited by Tenthirty2 on December 15, 2023 2:17PM
      • "Some enjoy bringing grief to others. They remind M'aiq of mudcrabs - horrible creatures, with no redeeming qualities."
      • "When my time comes, I will smile. And that will be all." -Sir Nathain Galien
      • IGN: TenThirty2 (PC/PS: NA, PC/PS: EU)
      Options
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      @evymyu233 If there is a ticket number for your friend, please pass it along via DM. We can take it to customer service and investigate. However, since you are not the original owner of the ticket, we cannot follow up with you regarding any information. We will reach out to your friend via email for any follow up.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Options
      Staff Post
    • evymyu233
      evymyu233
      ✭✭✭✭
      ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
      @evymyu233 If there is a ticket number for your friend, please pass it along via DM. We can take it to customer service and investigate. However, since you are not the original owner of the ticket, we cannot follow up with you regarding any information. We will reach out to your friend via email for any follow up.

Thank you!His number is 231212-000841.We're really sorry to trouble you.
      Options
    • ZOS_Kevin
      ZOS_Kevin
      Community Manager
      Thanks @evymyu233. We've passed this on to customer service.
      Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
      Options
      Staff Post
    • ZOS_Hadeostry
      Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it's an account issue.

Thank you for your understanding
      Options
      Staff Post
    • ZOS_Phoenix
      Hello,

As this thread has run its course and the information has been passed along to customer support, I will go ahead and close out this thread.

Thank you all for your understanding.
      Options
      Staff Post
    This discussion has been closed.