The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Cyro feedback after pop cap increase

Lovelocke
Lovelocke
✭✭✭
Cyro hasn't hit the new popcap yet and it's practically unplayable. This is PC EU.

Rubber banding, skills not firing, etc etc. It's atrocious. Please stop the testing and put the cap back to what it was.
  • grzes848909
    grzes848909
    ✭✭✭
    There isnt much more or less lag but I keep getting kicked out of the server, regardless if im in cyrodill or not. I was kicked off the game 4 times within an hour today.
    Options
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Booted from server during fight at BRK, now can't log back in due to error 307. Can log into my 2nd account fine. Unbelievable.
    Options
  • Laddey
    Laddey
    ✭✭
    Lovelocke wrote: »
    Cyro hasn't hit the new popcap yet and it's practically unplayable. This is PC EU.

Rubber banding, skills not firing, etc etc. It's atrocious. Please stop the testing and put the cap back to what it was.

I can confirm this is also the case for my guild and I.
    Options
  • Stamicka
    Stamicka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad to see this, but expected. Can anyone comment on the magnitude of the population increase? How much busier does Cyrodiil feel?
    Options
  • Mall0ry
    Mall0ry
    Booted from server during fight at BRK, now can't log back in due to error 307. Can log into my 2nd account fine. Unbelievable.

Half of my friend list crashed when they wanted to enter BRK :(
    Hear the singing of our blades
    death has come, foes be afraid!

(Jouvena - Aldmeri Dominion Eternal)

EU PC PvP AD only. Please give Cyro some love, Zos!
    Options
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    Mall0ry wrote: »

Half of my friend list crashed when they wanted to enter BRK :(

Looks like quite a few of us got booted at the same time and the same place then.
    Options
  • Mall0ry
    Mall0ry
    Looks like quite a few of us got booted at the same time and the same place then.
    Yes, and i did not crash, but suffering from massive rubberband effect. Like jumping 30, 40 meters.
    We are used to a lot, but this is beyond words.
    Hear the singing of our blades
    death has come, foes be afraid!

(Jouvena - Aldmeri Dominion Eternal)

EU PC PvP AD only. Please give Cyro some love, Zos!
    Options
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Again, how do we know their plan is to increase the population caps or that's what's happened to create the issues during the "test"? It's at least as likely that they've reduced server capacity for the zone to test if Cyro will still function with yet further reductions of server resources.

It would be really nice if ZOS was like other companies that provided a roadmap and told us what their goals are and what they are trying to achieve rather than forcing us to guess....then often times punishing us for our guesses and assumptions by labeling them as conspiracy theories.

Edited by reazea on December 6, 2023 8:42PM
    Options
  • Lovelocke
    Lovelocke
    ✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »

Again, how do we know their plan is to increase the population caps or that's what's happened to create the issues during the "test"? It's at least as likely that they've reduced server capacity for the zone to test if Cyro will still function with yet further reductions of server resources.

Fine? Like, whatever it is they've done, I'm reporting on the issues it is causing.
    Options
  • NotTaylorSwift
    NotTaylorSwift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Y'all dramatic. It's got worse ofc but it's not as bad as the lag that existed pre server upgrade. But it WAS laggy. (I'm not saying it was good, it wasn't. Just not as bad as the past lag.)

Though it was nice to Cyrodiil being busy and not dead.
    Options
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DAY 1

So we had x3 faction war, kindly hosted by Ad (involuntarily) in their tri-keep. NA server

FPS was 26-28
    I am kiwi. It is usually not flash, but that was 'hammer-level bad'.

There was no hammer -friends reported usual issues when it was out earlier.

Visual were foggy at first, then kinda just started jumping ahead in time -something was there -then over THERE and then well mostly people just were dead from stuff they never saw.

A lot of people crashed. Usually the host victim does not crash, and that seemed to hold true -the ep people outside trying to kill dc on the way sadly went poof a few times. The dc who went around the rock crashed outside. The dc who took the road did not... we do not know why that's just the way it was. Ad continued to rain down fire with little apparent trouble.

Not having 65 people in queue when I got in 4pm kiwi time (late-as) was wonderful.

Dying to unskilled people was not -kill counter looked like crap.

Fun experience -glad you guys are trying it out. Should advertise to the pvers though -they may want caltrops? :P
    Edited by merevie on December 7, 2023 5:51AM
    Options
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GH felt surprisingly busy with lost of people and fights happening in multiple places. LOVED IT!

My experience playing from the UK around 6pm-8pm:

1. some fights were a lost smother than excepted but a good 50% were very laggy - definitely no consistent variables as some busy battles were fine and then a couple of skirmishes were incredibly laggy to the point of being unplayable

2. I did not crash

3. Still not worse than how it was 12 months ago with a lower cap - probably the new servers help but may not sustain the amount of people that joined yesterday
    Options
  • Photosniper89
    Photosniper89
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rhaegar75 wrote: »
    GH felt surprisingly busy with lost of people and fights happening in multiple places. LOVED IT!

My experience playing from the UK around 6pm-8pm:

1. some fights were a lost smother than excepted but a good 50% were very laggy - definitely no consistent variables as some busy battles were fine and then a couple of skirmishes were incredibly laggy to the point of being unplayable

2. I did not crash

3. Still not worse than how it was 12 months ago with a lower cap - probably the new servers help but may not sustain the amount of people that joined yesterday

I strongly disagree with the last part, prime time fights were significantly worse than I have experienced in the last 5 or so years. Once the mass disconnects/crashes happen things slowly got better as the night got later.

I will say it was super nice not having to wait in a q once I crashed and then got error 201 and had to wait for 5 minutes before I could log back in.
    Options