Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

PSA: Stained Glass door :)

Pixiepumpkin
Pixiepumpkin
✭✭✭✭✭
Stained glass door in the Orbservatory Prior using Tribunal Window, Stained Glass.

I wanted the exterior to match the interior. The door was offset, so I made a small staircase outside to make the doors the same size.

I originally flipped the Stained Glass, but its flat on one side and has a heavy protruding edge on the other. Due to the stained glass almost being perfectly bilaterally symmetrical I chose to use the flat on both sides of the door. This works for me.

1nhghp0wmbnf.png
1v6i56fiq57y.png

"𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
PC/NA
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    that'll prettyyy
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s beautiful — well done and thank you for sharing! :blush:
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it, and it goes perfectly with the aesthetic of the house!
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaimeh wrote: »

Thank you. I love it as well.

I decorated the front all up for the holiday and spend 400 gems on snow fall and it looks really nice.

But then it dawned on me. The outside windows should be the orange version of the window, as the interior light is orange and we should see orange coming out from the windows.

I was going to swap them out but saddened that they are only had through a crown purchase and 3000 crowns for 2 of the orange versions is a bit steep.

Ohh well :)
    "𝕰𝖛𝖊𝖓 𝕲𝖔𝖉𝖘 𝖉𝖎𝖘𝖑𝖎𝖐𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖆𝖇𝖘𝖔𝖑𝖚𝖙𝖊, 𝖋𝖔𝖗 𝖎𝖙 𝖘𝖙𝖎𝖓𝖐𝖘 𝖔𝖋 𝖘𝖔𝖒𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝖑𝖆𝖗𝖌𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖒𝖘𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊𝖘." ― Sotha Sil
    PC/NA
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I decorated the front all up for the holiday and spend 400 gems on snow fall and it looks really nice.

But then it dawned on me. The outside windows should be the orange version of the window, as the interior light is orange and we should see orange coming out from the windows.

I was going to swap them out but saddened that they are only had through a crown purchase and 3000 crowns for 2 of the orange versions is a bit steep.

Ooooh, that’s a lovely idea! Maybe when Crowns go on sale later in the month… What server are you on?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I really like the blue light (it goes awesomely with the stained glass too), and it's a nice contrast to the surroundings, because the orange might have been too close a hue to the brass of the walls and structures.
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ooooh, that’s a lovely idea! Maybe when Crowns go on sale later in the month… What server are you on?

I am on PC NA, I am hoping they go on sale to ease the pain, lol.

PC/NA
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Personally I really like the blue light (it goes awesomely with the stained glass too), and it's a nice contrast to the surroundings, because the orange might have been too close a hue to the brass of the walls and structures.

I love the blue light as well, but if you saw the interior of the home, it would make more sense. I test fitted the orange version from the crown store and it looks pretty nice. I have some blue going on in the front so it contrasts well.

:)

EDIT for screenshots

qyl3gk6c2o37.png

tl6b3vmo75b0.png

q07c58lba1ra.png

fapwv55vrhtd.png

Edited by Pixiepumpkin on December 6, 2023 10:38PM
    PC/NA
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I love the blue light as well, but if you saw the interior of the home, it would make more sense. I test fitted the orange version from the crown store and it looks pretty nice. I have some blue going on in the front so it contrasts well.

EDIT for screenshots

qyl3gk6c2o37.png

tl6b3vmo75b0.png

q07c58lba1ra.png

fapwv55vrhtd.png

Wow, these are great! Everything looks so otherwordly, and the atmosphere is like a clockwork magical winter. I'll take your word on the orange, but pretty awesome nonetheless!
  • Pixiepumpkin
    Pixiepumpkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT for screenshots

qyl3gk6c2o37.png

tl6b3vmo75b0.png

q07c58lba1ra.png

fapwv55vrhtd.png

Wow, these are great! Everything looks so otherwordly, and the atmosphere is like a clockwork magical winter. I'll take your word on the orange, but pretty awesome nonetheless!

I tried to get the same perspective/view but failed.

I think they both work well. I am just a sticker for weird details like that, lol.

I am going for an ESO steampunk feel (clockwork mixed with some finer wood furnishings). I think its worked out well. The downstairs is fun :)

7gkmlkoycfdr.png

20aensg5f6ij.png

PC/NA