The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Blank and/or used scrolls in libraries ?

darkriketz
Hello everyone

Recently I found out that it was possible to buy series of lore books to put in an empty bookshelf (I haven't tried it yet) and a couple days after that I earned lot of gold (attunable stations, everyone wants them ^^) and bought the Serenity Falls (khajiiti manor in Reaper's march).
While looking for Elsweyr bookshelves to put in this house, an idea occured to me : people haven't put only books in bookshelves in human history. What item Bethesda still hasn't created for housing that would create more realism and livelyhood in houses ? Scrolls ! Of course ! Look at this for example :smile:

libraryalexandria3.jpg

I'm not saying that scrolls as a housing item would require to be DOZENS like that, maybe one or a small number, tied up together in a little pile and ready to be stored on a shelf, but really, I think it would look great in empty shelves with books and little decoration (what's called knick-knack ingame). What do you think about it ? :)
  • YffresTrill
    YffresTrill
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are two scroll furnishings in game, but unfortunately they are single scrolls, and only purchasable with crowns:

v08rfpbgihyb.png
    (Screenshot from UESP.)

I would absolutely love scroll furnishings acquirable in game, and stacks of scrolls, so they're not taking up so many valuable furnishing slots, would be even better. Great suggestion!
    @ Yffre'sTrill - PC/EU (No Steam)
    -
    Naering (Bosmer WW Archer - Valenwood separatist, Hircine-agnostic, honoured affiliate of the Gang of Scroungers.)
    Alts: Kunali, Free-as-Wind, Gurzog gro-Kosh, Seldril, Hatiba, Kareemal, Gilfirion, Elorwe, Ludvikke, Tsetha-Vos, Loulou Villeau, and Nilvani.
    Options
  • YORKSHIRE76
    YORKSHIRE76
    ✭✭✭
    I think if you max out the companion called Isobel she will give you a letter/scroll furnishing.
    Options
  • darkriketz
    I think if you max out the companion called Isobel she will give you a letter/scroll furnishing.

Yeah, ONE flat piece of paper, I have it on a desk, in my Ebonheart Chateau. I was thinking about scrolls as library supplies, stock of usable paper.
    Options
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azandar's letter that you get after his third quest is a scroll :)

edited to add:
    i also want multiple scrolls as one furnishing and i hope we get it.

these bookcases have scrolls in them.
    - Dwarven Bookcase, Granite Filled
    - Murkmire Bookcase, Full

and from this furnishing pack
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishing_Pack:_Coldharbour_Arcanaeum
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Black Laboratory
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Pillar
    Edited by LunaFlora on December 3, 2023 3:26PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can dig out antiquities, dig out some maps and sink most of them under the surface so only one of the handles is out. looks like a big scroll, but of course the surface must be solid so no one sees the sunken parts.
    PC/EU
    Options
  • darkriketz
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    Azandar's letter that you get after his third quest is a scroll :)

edited to add:
    i also want multiple scrolls as one furnishing and i hope we get it.

these bookcases have scrolls in them.
    - Dwarven Bookcase, Granite Filled
    - Murkmire Bookcase, Full

and from this furnishing pack
    https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishing_Pack:_Coldharbour_Arcanaeum
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Black Laboratory
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled
    - Coldharbour Bookshelf, Filled Pillar

Yeah, but that requires to like the furnishings styles (which I don't, any of the three) and/or to buy items packs (which I don't either, I don't do it in the Sims I won't do it here). Since you want the same thing, you can get that a free set of scrolls could be placed in any empty or even some full bookshelves, which is the point.
    If you can dig out antiquities, dig out some maps and sink most of them under the surface so only one of the handles is out. looks like a big scroll, but of course the surface must be solid so no one sees the sunken parts.

OR, Bethesda creates a set of scrolls that can be placed in a bookshelf ! After all, they created an easel after players had used tricks with small wooden furnishings to create their own easels. I know, there's one in my Alinor house ^^
    Options
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Made a public library recently and yeah 400-something books and only one scroll; they're annoyingly uncommon despite the overworld lorebooks using scroll models often.

One thing you might also like is the Jel Parchment stolen/pickpocketed in murkmire. Basically an unrolled scroll.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
    Options
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be the next thing added to the literature category! We got maps with antiquities, now books that can sit open — some even with multiple pages to flip through — hopefully next will be scrolls! :)
    Options
  • Lazy_Voyager
    Lazy_Voyager
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully this will be the next thing added to the literature category! We got maps with antiquities, now books that can sit open — some even with multiple pages to flip through — hopefully next will be scrolls! :)

I would hope the next thing is Grandmaster book-stacks or something; constantly fighting the item limit even with ESO+ and I don't even have all the Endless Archive books.
    Ora, lege, lege, lege, relege, labora et invenies.
    Options