The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Solar Prison and Synergy

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Solar Prison is 225 ulitimate...and does lovely damage, but not burst.
The synergy is pretty slick. Mine says 17K damage.....but does anyone ever trigger the synergy?
How do I know if they did?

Tankz,

Z
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It used to have a bright flash in then out as the synergy was triggered iirc. The skill itself isn't really used much anymore though as it doesn't have a lot of valuable utility/effects outside of group play where you want crazy amounts of synergies and even there, there are better ultimates to run (especially if the group has a DK that can run standard).

It's one of those forgotten skills that needs an update to it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It saw a lot of usage when harmony still buffed synergy damage -- nova synergies were probably the strongest single hits groups would take for a while there.

Templars have more or less fallen out of favor as organized pvp healers since they cannot provide a non-ultimate based damage synergy like sorcs, necros, and arcs can, and the minor sorcery buff is not as important since hybridization became a thing. Most organized groups don't even run 1 templar anymore unless we're desperate for a healer fill.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, it is tough to use.

I drop it at keeps on enemies at the gate. It does damage, and i never know if any activates the synergy.

Since is stay still, it is pretty useless for ball groups...
    Guess I would have to be in a group, drop it, and have someone activate it...IF the enemy was still.

I think I will go back to healing...

Tankz every1
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it's a lot easier to justify using if you know you have an ally that is going to hit that synergy at a good time. And can be very strong being dropped in a breach, but lag being what it is and the unreliability of pugs... yeah
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Kartalin agreed!
    do I just scream out in a zone chat in Cyrodiil..."gonna drop a SP at the door, use the synergy!!!"

FYI, I slotted solar barrage, and activate it...hoping that SP will do more damage and if synergized....will cause much more death....

But.... can't tell if that happens...

Might as well just heal and drop caltrops on those idiots....
  • Mansquito
    Mansquito
    ✭✭✭
    It's rubbish and needs to be updated to be something of a Meteor but for Templars only. Perhaps one of the morphs could be group based but it certainly needs some help.

Again, for me this just demonstrates that some classes really need help with their ultimates. Compare DK or NB ults to Templars, Necros etc and it's night and day, especially when it comes to damage output.