Add-on resetting game settings?

corrosion42
corrosion42
✭✭
Are any UI mods or addons known to cause game settings to reset every time you load into a new zone, dungeon, etc? I have my music volume set at 10 and hide mount stamina upgrade on and when I load into a new screen the volume is maxed and the hide upgrades are off. not game-breaking but it's annoying for sure.

Best Answer

• Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you use this addon maybe?
    https://www.esoui.com/downloads/info3418-SyncedAccountSettingsMasteroshi430sbranch.html

Else:
    Disable all your addons and test if the error still happens. If yes, write a bug report via /bug
    If not:
    Try to find out which addon may do this, e.g. search your live/AddOns folder with the windows search (and tell it to search within the *.lua files too!) for

SetSetting

That's the API function that sets the settings of different menus and ids (e.g. "Social" or "Audio", and then any id like "music volume")
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • corrosion42
    corrosion42
    ✭✭
    Yup, that's the bugger that was doing it. Thanks a million, saved me having to check them one at a time.
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are welcome, but Bugger?
    It's an addon that exactly's and only purpose "is that feature" and you somehow installed it.
    The addon description clearly states what it does :D

Edited by Baertram on November 19, 2023 1:55PM
    Options
  • Masteroshi430
    Masteroshi430
    ✭✭✭
    It's the old unmaintained version that resets settings when zoning, mine only does it on character change.
    @Masteroshi430 PC/EU (old French guy playing in English & addon author/maintainer) My addons
    Deshaan Honeydew Hors D'Oeuvre <<< FIX THAT TYPO GODDAMMIT!
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah, so corrosin42 used the old version. Thanks for that update, good to know.

I'll move the old one to the discontinued section then if it's broken
    Options