The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Targetting Pet Sorc in BGs Be Like:

Brakkish
Brakkish
✭✭✭✭
uu89gej5w8cc.jpg

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Brakkish wrote: »
    uu89gej5w8cc.jpg

Switch to radar guided, flares only spoof IR guidance.

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Remember when ESO nerfed Plaguebreak because they said the targeting pets should not proc Plaguebreak and it was unfair to petsorcs? Then they kept the wonky targeting of petsorcs the same, so you hit the pet instead of the player, so the pet still acts as a shield to the player? Good times.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    uu89gej5w8cc.jpg

I know this is in jest, but for those who truly think that pets are really that OP, here is some insight.
    Considering the minimum 1.5 second summon time of pets, the roughly 50 flares shown there would take a pet sorc at minimum a minute and a quarter to summon that many pets (assuming the sorc does nothing but resummon the pets off cooldown as they are killed, it will be much longer if the sorc does literally anything else within that timeframe and especially if the sorc gets interrupted or stunned mid summon which places a 3 second hard lock (grey out) on the ability where it cannot be attempted to be cast).

That's well over a minute where the sorc is just standing there doing nothing but resummoning pets. At that point, whose fault is it really that the sorc is being allowed to summon pets that many times completely un-interrupted.

Want to know how to beat that petsorc that is hiding behind that zoo? Use "tab-targeting" (like you would for any high priority target in PvE). It makes your skills completely by-pass the pets entirely.

I use this every time I see a pet-sorc in BGs or any PvP for that matter. Never have any trouble taking them down, especially since the pets that are ran for their heals (matriarch/clannfear) don't provide any real pressure on you unless you don't keep any buffs or heals up at all (only the other morphs have any real amount of damage to consider and only the scamp has a relevant secondary effect in the (4 second) delayed stun, but running both of them leaves the sorc without a proper heal, hence why they always hide behind those zoos and why "tab-targeting" is such a hard counter to that playstyle).
  • Brakkish
    Brakkish
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turtle_Bot wrote: »
    uu89gej5w8cc.jpg
    <snip>
    Want to know how to beat that petsorc that is hiding behind that zoo? Use "tab-targeting" (like you would for any high priority target in PvE). It makes your skills completely by-pass the pets entirely.
    Unless you're on console.

CP2332 +3100 hrs spent in BGs. US PS5 - Nine PVP Tanks - toons named variations of "Combat Medic" I like long walks on the beach. What's PVE? https://www.youtube.com/brakkish
  • SkaraMinoc
    SkaraMinoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This only applies to Under 50 PvP since anyone with PvP experience will already have a Focus Target keybind. Not to mention the Sorc pets hardly do any damage and are easily killed. It's a major issue in high level BGs that the Twilight Matriarch literally dies in 1 second, rendering the Sorc healer useless and dead. Pets like Engine Guardian and Chokethorn can be interrupted with Bash attack or automatically interrupted with Deadlands Demolisher.
    PC NA
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even on console you can tab target. It doesn't always feel super helpful, and to be honest I don't do it as much as I should, but it helps a little.

Short of that-- another little trick is any kind of AoE roots or stuns. The sorc will break free but the pets won't. DKs and Wardens are especially good at this, in my opinion.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only tab targetting actually worked all the time. I've attacked pets and summons instead of the person despite the tab targetting. Not sure how it exactly works but you sometimes attack unintended target still.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Oblivion_Protocol
    Oblivion_Protocol
    ✭✭✭✭
    There’s also the fact that you have to target the person with your reticule to actually tab target them in the first place. In the shell game that BGs can sometimes turn into, one can end up accidentally tab targeting pets or other players while trying to line up their target.

I’m honestly tired of 16K HP Sorcs surviving in BGs by sheer virtue of hiding behind Matriarch, Clannfear, and Engine Guardian. Yes, the pets die fast, but in the seconds it takes you to kill that pet, a Sorc can kill you just as fast.

And if you’re fighting a team with multiple pet Sorcs? Forget hitting anything you want to unless you’re dropping massive AoE damage. I’ve seen matches where there were literally more pets than PCs, and it was some of the most irritating PvP I’ve ever experienced.
  • SandandStars
    SandandStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know what’s worse than a Pet Sorc hiding behind an Engine Guardian?

MastersDW/Vatesh DKs & NBs hiding behind Engine Guardian.

It’s a growing cancer in bgs on xbox na

Let your gear play the game…
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A reliable burst heal vs a body block. Hmmm.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For as long as this has been a problem I've always suggested the same solution... Just make pets/summons untargetable.

This not only solves the problem of LOSing behind them but also solves the problem of (if you're the sorc,) having your matriarch die all the time.

And by untargetable I basically mean takes no damage. It should just be a visual thing, not an actual body.