The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nightblade Veteran

JamesKrios
Hey!
So... first post on the forums.
I've been playing for some weeks now and finally reached veteran level. I never had an issue, was playing as dual wield and bow, and 2 mobs was never an issue, and 3 mobs sometimes, depending on the type, or if I was able to open on them with concealed weapon. However, now that I am veteran 2, I decided I'd switch, because that wasn't working for me anymore, I was getting killed in seconds and I couldn't do anything about it, so I looked for a few tank builds in YouTube and other forums and kept my bow build with a few changes, but that isn't working for me either, maybe it's the lack of skill, or I haven't gotten used to it yet, but could any more experienced players check out my build and tell me what I could change? Or should I just keep leveling until I reach decent skill level in the skills I'm using?
I'm loving the difficulty, but it's just that I die in a matter of seconds, so I assume it's simply my build, since my gear is quite alright.

My build:

http://tinyurl.com/kwyhaqo

Thanks beforehand.
Edited by JamesKrios on May 8, 2014 9:41AM
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    ultimate: soul tether, better to stun them then reduced damage for awhile, effect is practically the same but that ultimate charges quicker.
    The shadow ultimate is for grouped play, the synergys are far better for teammates then the ultimate itself for you.
    If you fire it off at start off combat it should be recharged or close to for next group, if its not find some solo mobs to charge it up.
    And that basicly brings the main issue, its not as much builds, its also tactics and how you play.
    And i prefer magnumshot over draining shot, the kb distance gets doubled.
    Drop the shadow sneak skill, its useless, if you have to rely on that to stay alive youre not doing it right :)
    My nb doesnt even bother with sneak at all and is doing vet content same speed it did normal content.

Definatly need killer blade inthere, its NBs best skill.
    Edited by Bhakura on May 8, 2014 10:03AM
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What armor, enchants ,mundus stone do you have? . Do you use food to increase your stats? I am not tanking since stealth works great for me but I would recommend Rapid mending from heavy armor since it will improve your siphoning efficiency. You might also want a defensive active skill, elude,immovable,ring of preservation are all nice.

Edited by PBpsy on May 8, 2014 10:05AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Fan of icontested(rainbow colors granted)
    Options
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 heavy, 2 light, ritual mundus (increased heals) but thats for grouped content, im healer then. I dont bother with food, its same as saying character gimp, need to buff it up or im dead. [evilgrin], yes yes all you foodusers now gonna flame me ...ha.
    Options
  • JamesKrios
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
    I use health food, have 5 heavy armor, 2 medium, I enchant mostly for health and magicka, with some magicka regen jewelry. Using The Lord mundus stone.
    Options
  • Bhakura
    Bhakura
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should change that to 5 or full medium, having stamina perks from armor is best if you use that much stamina skills. For a physical nb i would prefer thief or shadow mundus, that little hp boost lord gives is neglectable, so are crits from the mentioned stones but its far harder to buff those then is hp.
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bhakura wrote: »
    ultimate: soul tether, better to stun them then reduced damage for awhile, effect is practically the same but that ultimate charges quicker.
    The shadow ultimate is for grouped play, the synergys are far better for teammates then the ultimate itself for you.
    If you fire it off at start off combat it should be recharged or close to for next group, if its not find some solo mobs to charge it up.
    And that basicly brings the main issue, its not as much builds, its also tactics and how you play.
    And i prefer magnumshot over draining shot, the kb distance gets doubled.
    Drop the shadow sneak skill, its useless, if you have to rely on that to stay alive youre not doing it right :)
    My nb doesnt even bother with sneak at all and is doing vet content same speed it did normal content.

Definatly need killer blade inthere, its NBs best skill.

Soul Tether is amazing for stealth NB. As an opener If you use shadowy disguise for crit + Soul Tether you get a group of 5 dead in 5 sec. And there isn't anything that melts harvester better than this skill.

Food is great if you do not want to invest in stamina but want some.
    Edited by PBpsy on May 8, 2014 10:19AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Options
  • JamesKrios
    But wouldn't changing to full medium be a pain in the ass as a tank?
    I wouldn't mind getting rid of my tank specc and going 2hander or even dual wield. I thought leveling as tank would be fun, as I've seen others do it, and never die, but I can't help it but die more often than not.
    Edited by JamesKrios on May 8, 2014 10:25AM
    Options
  • PBpsy
    PBpsy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamesKrios wrote: »
    But wouldn't changing to full medium be a pain in the ass as a tank?

Yes it would certainly be a pain. Put at least 5 into heavy and get all passives.

7 medium is great for a critical stealth build
    Edited by PBpsy on May 8, 2014 10:28AM
    ESO forums achievements
    Proud fanboi
    Elitist jerk
    Troll
    Hater
    Options
  • JamesKrios
    Thanks a lot!
    But I think that's my problem, I can't put in all passives, as I don't have full heavy armor skill yet, and I barely have enough in One hander and shield to get the most useful passives, I have however, 50 in medium armor.
    Options