Maintenance for the week of September 9:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 9

Essential housing tools question

Roxxsmom
Roxxsmom
✭✭✭
I've had this mod for a while and have mainly used it to set transparent geometric shapes to create water in bathtubs etc. It worked pretty well in the past, but recently all these effects have disappeared from my homes and I am utterly stuck on how to recreate them. I can't get the horizontal rectangles to appear in a consistent plane that doesn't change with that of my character. I think I will have the "water" line centered properly in my bathtub or whatever, but when I move I discover it's underground, or offset or whatever. I tried enabling the grid, but this only made it more confusing.

I can't figure out what has changed or what I am no longer doing right. I've searched online, and there are a number of essential housing tools videos, but none of them seem to demonstrate exactly what I am trying to do (and was able to do in the past without instruction). Ideally, I'd like a simple, step by step written summary of what to do that is recent and not a few years old, since something seems to have changed with the add on recently.

In short, when placing, rotating, height changing etc, these geometric shapes, how can I tell where it really is and where it will appear to be relative to the furnishing it is accenting?

Thanks!
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The addon seems to be progressively breaking. I hope the addon creator or someone else can remake it to work better. I have a house where there are no fx, yet a friend sees fx no matter what I do. I can't get the exe to work without a lot of messing around and when it does work it doesn't work for long. The community screen never loads...
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    The addon seems to be progressively breaking. I hope the addon creator or someone else can remake it to work better. I have a house where there are no fx, yet a friend sees fx no matter what I do. I can't get the exe to work without a lot of messing around and when it does work it doesn't work for long. The community screen never loads...

Thanks for the reply.

Hmm, maybe that's it. What seems to have changed since the last time I tried to use it for this purpose is that the portions of the geometric shape that are underground or hidden by the edges of whatever I am trying to place it inside stay visible. This makes it impossible for me to see where the edge of the shape ends relative to where I am placing it, or whether it is underground, way above my head, actually inside the wall etc. The apparent perspective moves when I move my avatar, and I can't find a way to place these items without my avatar being there, either in third or first person, but limiting my ability to see precisely where the shape is.

I don't know if there is a setting that could make it work the way it did earlier, and it somehow got toggled off, but if so I can't find it :(
    Edited by Roxxsmom on November 21, 2023 11:45PM
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a way of testing could you replicate the issue using EHT's placing and alignment with a standard furnishing item as a test item?

I know from my experience that sometimes EHT places items below ground or way up in the air if I've hit the wrong setting, I find things like mists and the steam of repose can be problematic. So I place them normally then I highlight them using EHT and move them with the arrow keys on the EHT screen.

As you are using geometric shapes made by EHT if I understand you correctly, maybe playing around with the setting using a premade furnishing might help you find the issue if you have somehow changed a setting/toggled something off?
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
  • Celldweller
    Celldweller
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure sub samping is turned on in your graphics settings.
  • Roxxsmom
    Roxxsmom
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to try these things.

One thing that has changed is that I've got a new computer, which is an upgrade in terms of processor and video card. Maybe the default settings are different. I'll have to check and see if the same issue occurs if I log into my account on the older computer.