The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Pull Abilities - defense

Zama666
Zama666
✭✭✭✭
Hello,

Can you block or dodge roll out of pull abilities/procs or once you are being pulled it is too late?

Tankz,

z
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once you are being pulled it’s too late to stop it, but you can and should block the associated damage.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    Hello,

Can you block or dodge roll out of pull abilities/procs or once you are being pulled it is too late?

Tankz,

z

You can use the news set Nibeney Battlereeve.

ArmorSet bonus
    (1 item) Adds 424 Critical Resistance
    (2 items) When you are forcefully moved via a Pull, Knockback or Teleport ability, gain a damage shield that absorbs up to 15112 damage for 6 seconds. This damage shield is not affected by Battle Spirit. This effect can occur once every 14 seconds. While you do not have the damage shield from this set, reduce your damage taken from Players by 5%.
  • Turtle_Bot
    Turtle_Bot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Once you have started being pulled, it is too late to block it, you will get pulled, but it is good to block anyway and be ready to block and roll out since there will always be a big burst on the end of that pull.

If you are already blocking though, you should be immune to the pull.

Some pull abilities I believe can be dodge rolled, but I'm not sure about the sets (Dark Convergence and Rush of Agony), since those are AoE.
  • BetweenMidgets
    BetweenMidgets
    ✭✭✭✭
    Since Nibenay Bay Battlereeve set was mentioned, I'll just leave this here...

324ruorydyeh.jpg
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

324ruorydyeh.jpg
    Well if they surprised you once and weren’t able to kill you because nibenay saved your bacon, it shouldn’t come as a complete surprise what they are going to try to do again 8 seconds later…
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • huskandhunger
    huskandhunger
    ✭✭✭
    Also you can just dodge out of rush of agony I do it all the time
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

324ruorydyeh.jpg

I used to pair that with Hrothgar on a DK build before the current meta. Chains of Devastation + Fossilize. The "does not apply CC immunity" was the key to that one. Haven't tried it in a while. Don't think the Battlereeve mythic would help against that since Chains of Devastation pulls you to the target, not the target to you. But it would probably help against the Leap.
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Con is one of the easiest pulls to get out of, you see the big purple circle appear on the ground and it sucks you in? Block while walking out of it.
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭
    NOT affected by BS (battlespirit???????)
    Wow!
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »
    Dark Con is one of the easiest pulls to get out of, you see the big purple circle appear on the ground and it sucks you in? Block while walking out of it.

Not to mention, outside of lag/missing indicators, you really shouldn't be getting pulled by DC more than once. As soon as you're aware an enemy is running it, it's fairly trivial to recognize the startup and block the pull in the first place.

Rush on the other hand is much harder to avoid.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on October 31, 2023 1:42PM
  • xFocused
    xFocused
    ✭✭✭✭
    xFocused wrote: »

Not to mention, outside of lag/missing indicators, you really shouldn't be getting pulled by DC more than once. As soon as you're aware an enemy is running it, it's fairly trivial to recognize the startup and block the pull in the first place.

Rush on the other hand is much harder to avoid.

Rush is tricky because you can leap and pull in pretty much any direction, I use it on a NB bomber and it's pretty disgusting, lol. Dark con pulls can be annoying but I don't find myself getting pulled more than once. The only time I really die in a DC pull is if I'm getting procced by VD or PB, other than that, you just walk out while blocking
  • taugrim
    taugrim
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep in mind (and I don't mean you @huskandhunger) that the damage from Rush of Agony is centered around the wearer of the set, not where they charged to or pulled to.

So just move away from the wearer after you get pulled and you won't take the 2-sec delayed damage.
    PC | NA | CP 2.2k
    • Active: Dark Elf Stamina Templar | Dark Elf Stamina Necromancer
    • Inactive: Dark Elf Stamina Arcanist | Nord Stamina Warden | Orc Stamina Sorceror | Nord Stamina Nightblade | Nord Stamina Dragonknight
    BUILDS ADDONS AUTHORED GUILDS:
    • Ankle Biters | Legends Syndicate (PVP) | Moonlit Shenanigans | Song of Broken Pines (PVP) | Ulfhednar (PVP)
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    taugrim wrote: »

Keep in mind (and I don't mean you @huskandhunger) that the damage from Rush of Agony is centered around the wearer of the set, not where they charged to or pulled to.

So just move away from the wearer after you get pulled and you won't take the 2-sec delayed damage.

The issue with Rush of agony is that it doesn't apply CC immunity. This leads to bad combos which punish players for not pre-emptively blocking twice. 1) The pull is instant so they get pulled into damage and then 2) they can get follow up stunned in that damage (which drops their block so they take more).

This is how 90% of pvp kills in GvG occur.

Converge has counter play because you can both see the circle and block it early, and if you get pulled in you get CC'd so can break free straight away.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on November 2, 2023 2:43PM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO Absolutely correct. Which is why a DK running it with Fossilize, or a Sorc with Streak, is very effective, because you can not block the follow up to the blink, pull, etc. condition. The 2 second delay with the no effect on CC immunity is a benefit to the wearer as it gives time to hit the unblockable snare, drop another attack on you, then ROA kicks in.
  • CameraBeardThePirate
    CameraBeardThePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rush of Agony is OP. This has always been abundantly clear.

There is a reason that 99% of Group versus Group fights end with a Rush > Streak > Negate or Rush > Fear > Synergy bomb. Rush has far too low of a cooldown, does similar damage to a Dawnbreaker, and (most importantly) is the only thing in the game that breaks the rules of CC.

That last part is unacceptable. You should not be able to load up a group with 3 Rush players and lock down a group of enemies for 3 entire globals and still be able to follow up with a stun. It boggles my mind that Rush has never been adjusted since its introduction.

For the vast majority of players/groups, there is 0 counterplay to being gap closed by a nightblade with Rush into fear. If the nightblade gap closes you, you're dead. You can't block the fear, you'll eat the Rush + whatever other damage their group has, and if anyone got pulled into you, you'll likely eat a Plague/VD/Azureblight on top of it all. The only way you'll live is a pre-emptive Barrier, and guess what? That nightblade is ready to go again in only 8 seconds. Good luck getting another Barrier up that quickly.
    Edited by CameraBeardThePirate on November 8, 2023 5:45PM
  • Ramzdonb16_ESO
    Ramzdonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭

324ruorydyeh.jpg

It’s not for defence it’s for offence, blow them up once you are pulled, gg ez squishy nb gone.
  • Korrigan
    Korrigan
    ✭✭
    The only time I really die in a DC pull is if I'm getting procced by VD or PB, other than that, you just walk out while blocking

Damn you! I read that as "procced by Venereal Disease or Peanut Butter" and nearly asphyxiated after spraying coffee out my nose.

😂
    Edited by Korrigan on November 10, 2023 9:15PM
  • Zama666
    Zama666
    ✭✭✭✭

324ruorydyeh.jpg

It’s not for defence it’s for offence, blow them up once you are pulled, gg ez squishy nb gone.

so an NB gets pulled and pummeled an no one sees their dead stealthed body?
  • KiltMaster
    KiltMaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    definitely make a habit of holding block when you can - hold block on ram, etc.
    PC/NA
    GM of "Kilts for Sale"
    Ebonheart Pact
    He/Him
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    KiltMaster wrote: »
    definitely make a habit of holding block when you can - hold block on ram, etc.

Definitely this. Especially with how easy it is to block-cast these days.