The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Why does it feel like I can't attack as often as my opponent?

• Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    So here is an example of what I mean

A much more skill player laid the boots to me.... and I want to play like that.
    It just seems they get twice as much damage/attaches as me

So this is my damage on them:

Note the number of attacks:

mbefowmkacon.png

And this is the beating they lay on me

bjqaqkmwx683.png

I am not saying we are equal blow for blow, but they were much more capable of protecting and dealing damage on me.

There was not even enough time to flip weapons, heal or Aurora Javelin them to get some distance.

The opponent seems to have a lot of things triggering per attack where I seem to just do one thing.

Thoughts?

Tankz

Z

If you look carefully you each did the same number of abilities (5). But he combined his with light/heavy attacks, you apparently just hit the ability button. "Cancelling" a light attack with an ability is called "weaving". Aside from the (Light attack+ability), his weapon enchants proceed twice, and he put 2 status effects on you.
    It is the same number of "GCD" (chances to do an ability, ie global cooldown, which is about a second long)) for each player.

I explained in more detail in a post above how to make everything hit at once.
    Edited by Theignson on November 18, 2023 5:37PM
    Quakrson, Stam DK, Grand Overlord
    Trackrsen, Stam Warden, Grand Overlord
    Quakrsen, Mag DK, Overlord
    Tolliverson, Stam NB, General
    Farfarel, Stam Necro, Praetorian
    Spencerson, Templar, Prefect
    Phosphorsen, Stam Sorc, Tribune
    Phosphorson, Mag Sorc, Tribune
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iriidius wrote: »
    Theignson wrote: »
    In PvP people want "burst" damage, which means, everything hits at once.

This is why the Vateshran staff/ master's dual wield is so popular now (and so hated).

Warden is easiest class to do this, let's illustrate with a warden in Vate staff, master dual wield, maarselok monster set, and Fire set.

Warden puts elemental susceptibility on you, then switches bars, casts shalk, then winds up dual wield heavy attack. How many things could hit you at one?

Vate: dot plus 3 status effect, shalks, heavy attack from both bars (2 hits) weapon enchants from both dual wield weapons (make them proc a different status effect than Vate= two more status effects from the weapon enchants), Maarselok hits 4 times, fire procs.

Lesse: that is potentially 13 things hitting you. They cancel it into a dawnbreaker and you are dead.

Of course usually not all those things go off, but it is easy to get 9 things hitting someone at once.

Sorcs, Necros etc have other ways to do this as do most classes with a delayed hit ability.

In this case ez to avoid, as soon as you see the Vate tether, you could stun/root them. Move aside from the shalk, block the heavy attack, etc

Burst is not why/what people use master dw and vateshran destro(for)! Maybe they hit 8-10 times when applying them, but they hit 8-10 for low dmg.
    8-10*1k dmg is not what oneshots players/more useful than 1*10k dmg for a oneshot. But the DoTs and statuseffects hit every (2) second(s). Multiple unblockable undodgeable low dmg Hits every second melting threw corrosive deal more dmg than you can‘t outheal or force you to spam burstheal and cast heals so much you run out of ressoursses. Vateshran destro and master dw are not used for burst but for pressure.

"Burst" damage is just when everything hits at once. Yes, indeed you can use Vate/Master's for burst, as I explained in the post: just combine it with Shalks (or other delayed skill) and DB.
    True, as I pointed out, that simple combination can be avoided by an experienced player, but it is still an example of a burst.
    Against an experienced player, then it becomes pressure, but you still have a lot of things hitting at once, which is what I was trying to explain to OP.
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA
  • Theignson
    Theignson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zama666 wrote: »
    So here is me in a group fustercluck of a situation

My damage:
    rzjxvdqwdmef.png

My Healz:

x70mgcvq1x83.png

My Death

agqwnmmlc8g0.png

I guess in this is situation it is difficult for anyone to track who is who....

Use the "combat log" function in Combat metrics, and you can see what each player did to you.
    Looks like there were 3 human players who did about 100k damage to you, and you did ~ 100k damage to them. That is one metric I look at after fights. If I do ~ the same damage or more, I think it is a decent fight.
    If someone does 100k damage to me and I do 20k damage, then I need to improve!
    Glimson, Arcanist, Major
    All EP/ PC NA