Is there a movement speed addon? (I want to move more slowly)

Dahveed
Dahveed
✭✭✭✭✭
I find that after playing other open world games, ESO's movement is just crazy fast... Especially while mounted.

I don't want to do the "RP walk" which is way too slow, but a light jog while on foot and a brisk canter while on horseback would be nice.

I believe if you're playing with a game pad you can kind of do this with the L stick, but I'm on keyboard and mouse and I only have a binary choice of "very slow walk" or "Usain Bolt sprint" on both foot and horseback.

I'd like to be able to do something in between...
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i dont think add-ons can change movement.

however you could equip only heavy armour and choose a race that isn't orc or wood elf, that would make you slower
    Edited by LunaFlora on November 12, 2023 9:26PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Options
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could try to speed up RP-walk by slotting the "Steed's Blessing" CP combined with minor/major expedition from any source.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Addons are not allowed to change anythign related to movement as this would be considered BOTting and is against the TOS -> ban.
    Even if one would try, addons cannot change those API functions as they are "protected".
    So getting into their code would be "hacking".
    Edited by Baertram on November 13, 2023 10:17AM
    Options
  • flubber77
    flubber77
    ✭✭✭✭
    do it with ease, use controller to move and u can walk in slow motion or walk fast, jog slow, normal, fast and sprint as u will.
    Still a grudge, only to see false what u want and nothing less.
    Options
  • Deter1UK
    Deter1UK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clearly, while max speed on horeseback is useful (if ridiculous) I have often thought that actually speeds under 10 are closer to a RL trot or canter and more enjoyable when exploring new arears or just mooching about playing aimlessly on a new Alt.

A miniumum speed button would be nice on occasion for sure.
    Options
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »
    Clearly, while max speed on horeseback is useful (if ridiculous) I have often thought that actually speeds under 10 are closer to a RL trot or canter and more enjoyable when exploring new arears or just mooching about playing aimlessly on a new Alt.

I played on an alt the other day and I find that the completely non-upgraded horse (100% brand new) has quite reasonable speed.

However once you've upgraded you can't go back... and it applies to all mounts.

It would be nice if they added some sort of a plain mount to the store or something that can never be upgraded, just for flavour. Make it cheap or something, give it some kind of RP style name like "old travelling mare" or something and make it obvious that you won't be able to use it for pvp.
    Options
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deter1UK wrote: »

This is why I've never fully upgraded mount speed, I've experimented with it on the PTS and decided around 10 points is right for me, any faster than that and I keep wanting to stop periodically to look around and make sure I'm not missing anything, which is counter productive.

If there was a way to use slower mount speeds when I wanted to I could fully upgrade the riding speed and then choose the speed I want based on what I'm doing.

I don't think there's a way to replicate the effect of an analogue control stick with keyboard and mouse, but since it is possible to have a mount move at speeds between walk and their maximum speed maybe ZOS could implement something like the walk toggle but with different 'steps', so press it once and you slow down a bit, press it again and it slows down more, press it a 3rd time and it's the walk speed, press it again and you're back to full speed. (For a horse this could be gallop, canter, trot, walk, gallop.)

Sadly it's not possible for anyone to do it with addons, but it would be great if ZOS did.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    Options
  • Dahveed
    Dahveed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »

I don't think there's a way to replicate the effect of an analogue control stick with keyboard and mouse, but since it is possible to have a mount move at speeds between walk and their maximum speed maybe ZOS could implement something like the walk toggle but with different 'steps', so press it once and you slow down a bit, press it again and it slows down more, press it a 3rd time and it's the walk speed, press it again and you're back to full speed. (For a horse this could be gallop, canter, trot, walk, gallop.)

This would be perfect, and exactly what I'd want. There's a Witcher 3 mod which does this superbly, you could press "A" on your xbox gamepad to spur your horse to increase speed by one "step" with every spur.

It would be fantastic to have a hotkey like that for ESO... which could be toggled in the UI of course so it doesn't screw with you in pvp or whatever.
    Options
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should put those requests into the proper forums then, as the addon forums here are most likely not read and reviewed for such "ideas" or "requests".
    Options
  • twev
    twev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    I find that after playing other open world games, ESO's movement is just crazy fast... Especially while mounted.

I don't want to do the "RP walk" which is way too slow, but a light jog while on foot and a brisk canter while on horseback would be nice.

I believe if you're playing with a game pad you can kind of do this with the L stick, but I'm on keyboard and mouse and I only have a binary choice of "very slow walk" or "Usain Bolt sprint" on both foot and horseback.

I'd like to be able to do something in between...

Are you sure you don't have Continuous Attack passive bonus turned on?
    "The Passive skill Continuous Attack from the Assault tree gives you 30% more speed. EVERYWHERE."

If you do - you'd just respec that skill passive and take the point back out.
    The problem with society these days is that no one drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Options