The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

FrontBar BackBar builds that don't use mythics, share them with me.

Redguards_Revenge
Redguards_Revenge
✭✭✭✭
You know, I've been trying out this front bar, back bar thing for about 6 months since someone told me about it. Since I had no mythics, there was really no reason to not wear 5, 5, 2. However, someone showed me that front bar back bar gave me instant access to 2k heath. As a redguard health is highly sought after. So I've been trying many combinations. I recently bought access to Mythics but I haven't farmed them yet. BriarHeart, Truth, wretched vitality, stuhns (stuhns in practice sucks although it works well with the frontbar back bar) and Clever Alchemist worked well. Ravaging, Fury was a failure for it. I recently pulled out veiled heritance. It's still worse than ravaging, and fury.

Now I am up trying to scrape up gold for soulshine. It gives me the 350 weapon damage up front. Lower than the 450 of ravaging but having instant access to it is superior. The problem with ravaging is you have to wait 4 seconds for it to go up AND one must waste a spot for caltrops. When you switch to your back bar, it stops going up and disappears. Same with fury.

In PVP by the time you have to wait for ravaging to go up, you'll be dead. Since my back bar is heals, not being able to hold ravaging up lowers the healing power on my backbar.

Briarheart and truth is the only known two sets so far i have used that allows me to keep the damage switching back to my backbar to heal effectively.

Soulshine seems smart but is 5 seconds really enough?

Wretched Vitality or Seventh Legion and some others is top tier in reliability proc. They never let me down.

So far I am using Back Bar (Clever Alchemist OR Seventh Legion OR Wretched Vitality ) and Truth as front bar. With Gallant Chain and Druids Braid... with the monster helm.

Any alternatives that can beat this?
Edited by Redguards_Revenge on November 7, 2023 6:16AM
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the setup im running on my NB currently is not using any mythics

im currently using:
    • 2pc sellistrix
    • 5pc plaguebreak (body)
    • 5pc rush of agony (jewelry + front bar weapon, dual wield)
    • perfected blackrose bow (back bar weapon, i like the dot it applies with magnum shot)

i just made up the rush of agony cause i wanted to tweak my build a bit, and with the improved access to upgrading jewelry it seemed like a good time to make the switch

edit: yes i know this is likely far from the meta, but i like it lol
    Edited by Necrotech_Master on November 7, 2023 6:14PM
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you don't want to use a mythic I think the best thing to do would be to also give up wearing 1pc trainee, and use an arena weapon instead.

So have something universally useful on your body pieces... Dragons appetite, heartland conqueror, something like that. Then a stat proc on back-bar weapon and jewels... Rallying Cry, clever alchemist, something like that.

Then a monster set. And then an arena weapon front bar. I think a build like this could be pretty on par with anything.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you run a front bar/ back bar setup with monster set then that leaves you two slots. Most use 1 trainee and 1 mythic, but you could do 1 trainee and 1 Druid instead, or 2 agility — something like that.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube