Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

How many furniture storage houses have you got?, and what are the better solutions that could exist?

endgamesmug
endgamesmug
✭✭✭✭
Im looking at getting another "manor" house because ive just filled up my elsweyr house with my crafted furniture i no longer need or currently have a use for.
I just thought this would be quite the hot topic as a few of us it seems have this issue or maybe hoarding habit. There is that option of selling excess furniture items, but to me currently it gives me the impression of quite a complex pricing structure seemingly a mini game within itself which kinda stresses me. When it comes to selling i choose to stick with the super reliables such as stacks of improvement mats or alchemy mats, bulk items really. Someone mentioned in these forums mentioned about deconstruction of unwanted furniture, i think i could really go for that idea!😁 anyway ill stop going on and see what everyone else thinks of all this 😀
Edited by endgamesmug on October 29, 2023 2:16PM

Best Answers

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Too many to list.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Answer ✓
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    three i think
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
    Answer ✓
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have three big storage houses as well as some items in a couple of the smaller apartments, and yeah it's a Problem :sweat_smile: Mostly because I forget what I have where, so sometimes I end up crafting things I already have, thus needing even more storage in the end... I agree with the commenter above who said they stopped getting furniture just to get it, because I can't even count the multiples of items I have from the luxury vendor that I got just in the off chance I might use them one day, but that day hasn't come yet, so they just keep accumulating. A furnishing bag or the ability to decon furnishings would be awesome solutions (not to mention, you know... extending the slot limit!), but I don't see any of that happening any time soon, so in the meantime something that could be easily implemented and would help a bit, imo, would be to give us a couple more storage chests. Even two chests with a total of 160 space would be great at this point.
    Edited by Jaimeh on October 29, 2023 4:48PM
    Answer ✓
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have all gold purchasable houses, a few crown store ones and all the free ones that have been given away.

I haven't counted recently but the storage houses far exceed the fully decorated ones!

I have on occasion built things from scratch and then decided I did not like them, one that springs to mind was a fully equipped two story hotel, it just never looked quite right so I scrapped it. That is just one example of nigh on 700 items of furniture that needed a home.

There are several more!

Also when decorating I often try several items in a position before picking the one to use, I think this is probably my worst offender for furniture collecting, I would certainly get behind the ability to deconstruct crafted furniture!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Answer ✓
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Whichever is my main house at the moment usually ends up being a furniture storage spot as more and more furniture accrues. Mainly this is because I keep intending to do some serious decorating, but never seem to have time for it.
    Answer ✓
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Like, 5 houses lol. Its a mess!
    Furnishings Bag when!?
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
    Answer ✓
  • DivineKitty
    DivineKitty
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bunch of apartments and in rooms that I use for storage, and any items that I have more then 10 of, I store in a chest. Admittedly, if I didn't have Add-on's that keep track of furniture for me, I'd be hopelessly lost.

Obviously, an Ideal solution would be to have a furniture storage bag, similar to crafting materials, but that might result in a different problem entirely: Now I'd have about 10 houses that I'd have to actually decorate, instead of writing off as landfill. I guess i could just ignore them, but that seems needlessly wasteful.
    Answer ✓
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to do this, then I just started decorating my houses and selling the stuff I didn't like/use. I had 5 at one point, and that was way too many. I also stopped getting furniture just to get it. Now if I have a specific item in mind, I either craft it, buy it directly or wait for it to come around in the luxury vendor.

Storage space is happy, bank account is happy, and houses look nicer.
    Edited by TybaltKaine on October 29, 2023 3:35PM
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zero.

I own 29 houses and all but the new free house we recently received is fully decorated, from the tiny apartments to the large manors.

I keep all furniture in my bank. I only keep bound items, paintings, and some carpets, tapestries and lighting that fit well in many types of builds. Anything extra that I do not end up using I put on a trader and sell.
    PCNA
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don´t use my houses for storage, solely for building and decorating. The bank is my storage place.
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    My setup goes if it is a primary residence on an account that guildies can use, ill put some effort into decorating it and certainly is the reason why i started experimenting and learning what i could and couldn't do in housing. My main houses are a "Crafting House" & a "Dummy House", both with a practical purpose. I then started branching out and setting up a free travel network, a series of houses set up on each account for free porting around the map(once again-a practical purpose). The only additional house i focus on, on my "crafting account" is the alinor townhouse for smaller furnishings and my painting collection/gallery. 😁
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 3-4. I'm not sure about a solution. I suppose I could not hoard but never know what will be needed. A lot is stuff I bought / crafted that didn't work for what I needed in the end. That should improve somewhat now you can preview furniture in situ a little better.
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I could not hoard but never know what will be needed.

That is the same reason that I don't keep things.

If I have no use for a furnishing (except for the few things versatile items that I keep in my bank) I look at it as unnecessary clutter and turn it into profit by selling it. It's not hard to replace if I find a use for it later and I'm not struck stressing over storage space in the mean time.
    Edited by SilverBride on October 30, 2023 3:41PM
    PCNA
  • endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose I could not hoard but never know what will be needed.

That is the same reason that I don't keep things.

If I have no use for a furnishing (except for the few things versatile items that I keep in my bank) I look at it as unnecessary clutter and turn it into profit by selling it. It's not hard to replace if I find a use for it later and I'm not struck stressing over storage space in the mean time.

Yeah i get your thinking for sure, but i think ive created quite a situation for myself not unlike the players that choose to hoard surveys. Going through and trying to figure out the price to sell a few thousand items is too much for me, so ill be vendoring or donating my crafted furniture items I've decided now.
    Edited by endgamesmug on October 30, 2023 5:56PM
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going through and trying to figure out the price to sell a few thousand items is too much for me, so ill be vendoring or donating my crafted furniture items I've decided now.

One thing you may consider that the GM of a housing guild I was once in did is to have a yard sale. Let guilds and friends know when it will be and let them make an offer for the items they want. Most players will give reasonable offers and there is no lengthy pricing that needs to be done.

It won't be done in a day but it doesn't have to be.
    PCNA
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Doomchar house with a small custom build that I never finished (I wanted to make a second story but the stairs are just too large) and I have some target dummies there and I put a few of the larger furnishings from Antiquities there.

I generally put furnishings in the bank but it’s getting really full now.

I would never purchase a house to just store things, especially with crowns and probably not even with gold.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• endgamesmug
    endgamesmug
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have the Doomchar house with a small custom build that I never finished (I wanted to make a second story but the stairs are just too large) and I have some target dummies there and I put a few of the larger furnishings from Antiquities there.

I generally put furnishings in the bank but it’s getting really full now.

I would never purchase a house to just store things, especially with crowns and probably not even with gold.

I started using houses easily bought with ingame gold as an alternative to filling my bank, from years of multiwritting on xbox and now with access to addons i had streamlined my income so i was able to afford to do that. If its not bound i have the possibility of storing on other accounts but i reserve my personal bank for transitory use.
    Edited by endgamesmug on October 30, 2023 9:48PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    None. Not exactly. I have a lot of houses and the ones not decorated yet I just drop the furnishings I want to use in them in the main areas. If I get something new I go ahead and drop it in whichever house I want to place it. I'll actually decorate when I get around to it but many of the furnishings I'll want to use will be there waiting. I am also using the housing chests for storage of items that don't belong anywhere just yet. That way my bags and bank don't get full and no houses are nothing but a holding pen.

At the moment I have some furnishings scattered across extra characters but I'm going around dropping stuff where I'm going to want it so it won't be long before there are no furnishings in the bags of any character but my designated decorator.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • KnightofGears
    KnightofGears
    ✭✭
    Two, more or less. I have the fair winds as my "Merchant vessel" and use the lower levels of the crew quarters as storage (sort of a furniture shop), and I'm currently turning the witches festival house into a small garden centre.
    Very large items or items I have many of I store in the storage coffers so far.
  • reazea
    reazea
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We should be able to decon furniture is the best solution. Then we could sell or collect the materials needed to make what we want.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have well over 13 storage homes at max capacity. I think the furniture bag will be the only solution long term.
    A short-term fix would be to introduce a bigger storage chest.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reazea wrote: »
    We should be able to decon furniture is the best solution. Then we could sell or collect the materials needed to make what we want.

totally agree and the same for alchemical things
  • MageCatF4F
    MageCatF4F
    ✭✭✭✭
    13 fully decorated houses, most of them as EHT open houses, and 14 storage houses.

I do not have a problem with using houses for storage. It is inconvenient but not much of a problem.

The better solution (although not for this issue particularly):

More furniture slots for every category of house, even if it is a tiny increase. We have pack space upgrade pets, that stack, are sold in the crown store, and add an insignificant amount of extra regular inventory storage for a price.

It doesn't seem to crash servers or potato machines like our antique Athlon II X4 that still runs the game.

I think the current furnishing limits are unchanged from the initial introduction of housing in 2017 (yes a google search finds a thread from January 2017 no less describing those limits).

So, the same insignificant bone could be thrown to the housing crowd. I know the arguments against. I'm skeptical.