Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Suggestions and thoughts on a new service furnishing I thought of ... Dismantler

mask3d_band1t
mask3d_band1t
✭✭
I don't know what everyone else thinks, but what if we got a new type of service furnishing that dismantles our excess unwanted furnishings we have made or found through various means except for bound so we can get some materials back.

My vision is that it would work much like Giladil the Ragpicker or the individual disciplines stations like blacksmithing, clothing and woodworking stations that we use to deconstruct our armor, weapons, etc.

I'm very keen to hear what other peoples thoughts are and of @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    if it gives all furnishing materials back then i would love to be able to deconstruct furnishings.

it should be something we can do with crafting stations though that way it could be included with the deconstruction assistants maybe too.
    Edited by LunaFlora on October 17, 2023 1:25PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Germakochi
    Germakochi
    ✭✭✭
    I find this idea genius and can't even comprehend, why they didn't implement it in the first place because it makes so much sense.
    I would really like to get this feature.
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    *begs ZOS* Please. Pretty please. I have so much furniture and it's so overwhelming. I have like 40 storage houses out of 78 total. It's ridiculous ): It would be much easier to be able to decon furniture and re-make it when I really need it. It sucks that I have to use addons to manage this amount of furniture (magic sorter and decotracker -- and it still takes forever) and I can't imagine what it's like for console.
    Edited by Pinesy on October 20, 2023 12:29PM
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • gwenthebard
    gwenthebard
    ✭✭
    THIS. Simply because it would save so much house space. I cannot be the only one where I have extra houses just to hold furnishings.
    Benefits of a system such as this
    1) Less moving items from one house to another.
    2) more mats to craft more furniture
    3) Less gold spent on storage houses
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a really cool feature, not only for unused furnishings that we crafted over the years but don't need anymore and take extra storage space, but also for all the random furnishings that we get from event rewards--it would be great to be able to decon all the extra copies that we don't want to keep in order to get some mats back that way as well, especially given how expensive furnishing mats are these days.
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah i agree that there should be a way to deconstruct furnishings as well
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014

i have my main house (grand topal hideaway) listed in the housing tours, it has multiple target dummies, scribing altar, and grandmaster stations (in progress being filled out), as well as almost every antiquity furnishing on display to preview them

feel free to stop by and use the facilities
  • MoonPile
    MoonPile
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be fantastic!
  • LikiLoki
    LikiLoki
    ✭✭✭✭
    All players need it. It is also important that it is possible to reconstruct the furniture that we find in the locations - branches, stones, shrubs...