The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for The Witches Festival In-Game Event

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The decorations everywhere in nirn (I noticed the other places don't celebrate) look nice. Helps get into the holiday, my friends I were just saying how we wanted something like this last year so we are fairly ecstatic it happened.

Hear, hear. I love seeing the pumpkins in Belkarth. It inspired me to go tweak outfits to match the holiday. My vampire isn’t hiding his condition for once. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the decorations everywhere, Wayshrines and banks, ect.

Is there not an extra XP bonus that comes from the witch mother's brew? All I see is the transformation.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    Love the decorations everywhere, Wayshrines and banks, ect.

Is there not an extra XP bonus that comes from the witch mother's brew? All I see is the transformation.

the xp bonus is passive. you don't need to drink from the cauldron for it anymore
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Lugaldu
    Lugaldu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some people have already said it, but I have to repeat it again - the new decorations in the cities are fantastic! I'm already excited to see what we'll get for the New Life Festival, the anniversary, etc.
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lugaldu wrote: »
    Some people have already said it, but I have to repeat it again - the new decorations in the cities are fantastic! I'm already excited to see what we'll get for the New Life Festival, the anniversary, etc.

indeed. but I think it could use even more. like, at least throughout the entire city. it makes sense that there are large communal pieces in the public spaces but right now it doesn't feel like the citizens are doing it by themselves as well. very few pumpkins on the doorsteps to private homes. additional decorations outside cities would also be great.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really like hunting for the decorations! They're so cool, and it makes it feel so much more alive. People say "you need more decorations", but I think there was the perfect balance here. I don't want to have to see TOO many decorations because I feel like it could take away from the regular look of the locations.

Also, whoever decided to put the dragon carved pumpkin right at the feet of the Sai Sahan statue in Leyawiin? That was clever. Very clever. I see what you did there.
  • tarsie
    tarsie
    Soul Shriven
    I started playing ESO in 2015, stopped out and returned in 2018 and am starting an entirely new account all over. I go through the "mood swings" and fall in and out of love with ESO like all long term players. And I complain...it is what we humans do. But once in awhile, the effort that the Dev's and Marketers and Game Masters and Bean Counters bring forth should be applauded, loudly. The Witches Festival is always fun. YOU DID AN EXTREMELY GOOD JOB IN 2023! Thanks. My personal favorite is the town decorations, and the delicate ink pots, and...and...
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the decorations and the new Apocrypha furnishing drops, but PLEASE retire these old motifs and styles to the grab back! It is so disappointing to open a golden plunder skull and find only old worthless junk! (Yes, they are nice styles, but there’s no use for them once they’ve been collected and the market has been saturated for years now.) I don’t expect to get new/rare items every skull, but event specific treasure is more fun than old stuff and vendors for more besides.
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Disappointing that the dremora plunder skull drops are giving old outdated rewards , makes me feel like I'm just playing witches festival from like 3 - 4 years ago
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WySoSirius wrote: »
    Disappointing that the dremora plunder skull drops are giving old outdated rewards , makes me feel like I'm just playing witches festival from like 3 - 4 years ago

Yeah, I actually find the purple plunder skulls more rewarding — reagents and fun furnishings or themed treasures. :) It’s probably not logical of me, but I feel grumpy, like my chance at an extra special reward was wasted, when I open a gold plunder skulk and get rewards from 3-4 years ago, like you said.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What im gonna say is that just like last year the loot pools are heavily diluted and the drop rates for anything decent even from gold plunder skulls is pretty terrible.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really appreciate the extra work that went into this year’s Witches’ Festival! Not only the wonderful decorations, but snatches of dialogue, and enemies I’ve not encountered before! :smiley: It makes me want to seek out more of these encounters! I also love the new Apocrypha furnishings — thank you! :heart:
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another event with a new style that has terrible drop rate. A drop rate which is diluted by old style pages :unamused: So far I've gotten no Crowborne Hunter style page whatsoever
    Edited by NotaDaedraWorshipper on October 31, 2023 1:56AM
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [Deleted]
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on October 31, 2023 6:54PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • maxxiestackhouse
    maxxiestackhouse
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Feedback. You know it’s really hard to partake in an event when you run long maintenances during Australian Primetime! 7pm Eastern Summer Time essentially stop 75% of the entire Australian ESO population from being able to play. Not once but twice in the same week during an event! Even if it’s only a 4 hour maintenance that’s still 11pm on a week night before we can log in to partake in an event.

Will we get compensation? Lols no. Will I get ignored? More than likely…. But come on guys you can surely do better.
  • liliub17_ESO
    liliub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    A few things I've noticed so far:

- The first day or two's rewards from plunder skulls was really nice - primarily 'older' furnishings or reagents, but at least it wasn't piles of picked-over bones as has been 75%+ of my rewards for several years now. Only 1 of the new ghost netch fragments so far across two accounts playing every day, though. No new motif pages, only the Dremora or Glenmoril Wyrd, all of which I have.

- Tickets automatically awarded within the first gold skull works well, right up until it doesn't. Monday, it didn't; after killing a new-to-me delve boss, there was absolutely no loot, and I was the only player there. Apparently the system registered tickets had been issued, so the day's worth was lost. Luckily it has happened only once.

- I appreciate there are also 'furnishings' available from the Impressario. Been wanting more ruby candleflies! Silly, I know, but it's fun to 'find' them during the witches festival.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few things I've noticed so far:

- Tickets automatically awarded within the first gold skull works well, right up until it doesn't. Monday, it didn't; after killing a new-to-me delve boss, there was absolutely no loot, and I was the only player there. Apparently the system registered tickets had been issued, so the day's worth was lost. Luckily it has happened only once.

I had this happen in Dels Claim in Auridon. I was not alone, and late to the fight, but no loot and no tickets for me that day.

No, I did not bother reporting it.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WySoSirius
    WySoSirius
    ✭✭✭✭
    So half way through event , still only one crowborne style page , after multiple boss kills daily , and too many dremora and older style pages , this event really is underwhelming
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So, I didn't preview the event rewards and collected enough parts for the ghost netch pet today.

Of course I expected some sort of ghostly-blue-glowing netchling, instead my cat is now followed by this lovely little beast:
    zx4f4k8aarf2.png

Got me by surprise and let me laugh hard. Thank you very much!
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh, I want. Doubt I'll be able to get though. I've been on the hospital since Monday.
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Belegnole wrote: »
    Oh, I want. Doubt I'll be able to get though. I've been on the hospital since Monday.

If you're on pc eu I'll gladly send you any further parts of the pet if I get any.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope you feel better soon Belegnole! <3
  • Belegnole
    Belegnole
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Braffin wrote: »

If you're on pc eu I'll gladly send you any further parts of the pet if I get any.

PC NA. But thank you.
    Wolf_Eye wrote: »

I hope you feel better soon Belegnole! <3
    Thank you for the kind thoughts. I'm recovering from surgery.