Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Posting this again: Two things I'd like to see added to Housing

Holycannoli
Holycannoli
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
First, for any house within a city with an area that looks out on that city, like Highhallow Hold or Water's Edge, add NPCs walking around the streets in the out-of-bounds areas, and add sound effects of a city so it doesn't feel like a ghost town. It's for immersion. They don't necessarily need to be NPCs with paths, just background moving assets. I'd love to stand on my Highhallow Hold or Water's Edge balcony and see and hear people and mounts walking around accompanied by the sound effects we hear when we're in the city itself.

Second, how about our other characters as houseguests? We need an increase in the number of special furnishings we can add for sure but I'd like to be able to see a random other character of mine walking around my house.
  • boi_anachronism_
    boi_anachronism_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    First, for any house within a city with an area that looks out on that city, like Highhallow Hold or Water's Edge, add NPCs walking around the streets in the out-of-bounds areas, and add sound effects of a city so it doesn't feel like a ghost town. It's for immersion. They don't necessarily need to be NPCs with paths, just background moving assets. I'd love to stand on my Highhallow Hold or Water's Edge balcony and see and hear people and mounts walking around accompanied by the sound effects we hear when we're in the city itself.

Second, how about our other characters as houseguests? We need an increase in the number of special furnishings we can add for sure but I'd like to be able to see a random other character of mine walking around my house.

Suggestion 2 i feel like would be more difficult but id absolutely love to see it.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    those houses do have sound effects. at least that's what i remember from the last time i was in those houses.

npcs walking around would be awesome yea.

our own characters as houseguests would be amazing too
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LunaFlora wrote: »
    those houses do have sound effects. at least that's what i remember from the last time i was in those houses.

npcs walking around would be awesome yea.

our own characters as houseguests would be amazing too

Last time I was in Highhallow Hold I didn't hear the sounds of the city when I was on my balcony. That's what I mean. You look down and the street is right there but there's no activity or sounds. It's like the city is dead.

You can look out over the outer wall and see a road leading up to the city gate too and it's also dead.

Those are the kinds of places I'd like to see some simple movement and maybe some sound effects. Make it look like you're in a house in an active city, just for immersion.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah I'd love our characters as house guests. Years ago I tried to make a composite screenshot of my characters in the same area of a house to make it seem like they were all together, and it was so difficult (though it would probably be easier nowadays with the hourglass furnishing, because you can set the same time of day so that at least the lighting won't change dramatically between each screenshot), so being able to have to place all our alts around a house would be such a cool feature!