Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

crown store purchasing preferences

Nocturne Saint
Nocturne Saint
✭✭✭
So I have almost 6k crowns saved up. I don't know if i should save for something big, or spend on smaller things.
So I ask everyone what kind of things you have bought with crowns and why,
what are your preferences?
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i buy houses usually ones that i already have a decorating idea for
    though i mostly prefer houses with flora and water like upcoming Gladesong Arboretum.
    i also have preference for certain architecture styles.
    my favourites so far are Leyawiin, Alinor, Apocrypha, Druidic, and Elsweyr.

i am also really excited for Shadow Queen's Labyrinth because i love evergloam and the alinor architecture (it also has a waterfall though which is nice)

furnishing packs and individual furniture that i have an idea for.
    like the maormer furnishing pack that i bought twice when it first came out to put the majority of it in Fogbreak Lighthouse.
    and the dibella furnishing pack which i put in my highhallow hold garden.
    music boxes are also nice. i've collected nearly all of them i think

outfit styles that i can see myself using on at least one outfit but preferably multiple characters.
    for example the Gloambound arms pack which i use for multiple characters and nearly all outfits for my main character.

a big bundle of crown crates when they're new or a returning one i really want something from,

i've also bought little things like hair, personalities, polymorphs, or adornments

oh assistants are useful if you don't have any yet.
    unless they're on sale they're all 5000 crowns each.
    I'd say a deconstruction assistant is the most useful
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure I have preferred types of items exactly, just specific things which interest me and ones which don't. For example I've bought several mounts but I don't buy all of them, or even all the ones of a specific type, just ones which I like and which fit my characters.

I don't buy sky shards or skill lines because to me that comes under 'pay-to-not-play' which is somewhat counter-productive. I'm not in a rush to skip to end-game stuff on any of my characters so I'd rather level them up while playing than pay to have it done for me. I also haven't bought any DLC in a while because they started giving away the story DLC and now are apparently stopping them entirely.

Other than that it's basically when I look at something and think "that would be nice" and it's not stupidly expensive. (More than once I've thought "that's nice", checked what it costs in real money and gone "ha, it's not that nice!")
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent mine on Zone DLC and the assistants when the latter went on sale. A scattering of other things, usually mounts. I’m with Danikat in that I avoid buying skyshards for a zone or anything similar; if I can’t be bothered to hunt down skill points for a given character I probably am not playing them enough to need them.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Braffin
    Braffin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I usually spend crowns for houses and houseguests I'm interested in.

Never spent money on crown crates, as I usually have far more seals of endeavour than I need to buy the items I want out of the crates. I'm not into flashy mounts tho, so if you want one of them, buying crates would be an option.

I constantly use eso+ btw, so I don't need to buy additional expansions with crowns.
    Never get between a cat and it's candy!
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. It's not that hard.