Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Guild Skill Line Removal Tokens

Tahlavos17
Hello,

I came up with this suggestion when I accidently hit the interact menu for a Thieves Guild Trove. This could be useful for those who wish to opt out of certain Guild Skill Lines. I see it only being allowed if the player hasn't touched the Guild Skill Line. These Guild Skill Lines could cost like 500 crowns, but what are your thoughts on this topic??
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other than RP reasons, Guild Lines are innocuous. They also tend to have Passives that are useful to upstanding characters, like Shadow Rider from the Dark Brotherhood or Persuasion or Intimidation.

TG is the only guild with no non crime passives
    Edited by Nestor on October 2, 2023 2:22AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• karthrag_inak
    karthrag_inak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Exercise your free will and do not spend any skill points in skill lines you don't want to use.
    PC-NA : 19 Khajiit and 1 Fishy-cat with fluffy delusions
    GM of Imperial Gold Reserve trading guild (started in 2017) since 2/2022
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tahlavos17 wrote: »
    Hello,

I came up with this suggestion when I accidently hit the interact menu for a Thieves Guild Trove. This could be useful for those who wish to opt out of certain Guild Skill Lines. I see it only being allowed if the player hasn't touched the Guild Skill Line. These Guild Skill Lines could cost like 500 crowns, but what are your thoughts on this topic??

I would totally buy this! I mistakenly interacted with one with my lawful good templar very early in playing the game, and now characters cued by such things think he is a thief! :(
  • Tahlavos17
    Tahlavos17 wrote: »
    Hello,

I would totally buy this! I mistakenly interacted with one with my lawful good templar very early in playing the game, and now characters cued by such things think he is a thief! :(

I can only imagine what my main will have to deal with in the near future. I'm glad that you like the idea.
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    i think its a good idea
  • Mr_Jord_Joe
    Mr_Jord_Joe
    ✭✭✭
    Better implement hide skill line option.
  • Wolf_Eye
    Wolf_Eye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just remembering that one quest in Blackwood, where your character is forced to admit they are part of the Dark Brotherhood if you have the skill line unlocked....

Which probably doesn't go over well for those who got the skill line just for the riding passive, but otherwise wanted the skill line to be outside of their character's story.
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    with the thieves guild, simply don't interact with thieves troves that you steal from when you open

Wolf_Eye wrote: »
    I'm just remembering that one quest in Blackwood, where your character is forced to admit they are part of the Dark Brotherhood if you have the skill line unlocked....

Which probably doesn't go over well for those who got the skill line just for the riding passive, but otherwise wanted the skill line to be outside of their character's story.

while i hated having to admit to eveli that im an assassin and hated her reaction.

you chose to go through several dark brotherhood quests to get that passive.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.