Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Do "Crown Crate Furnishings" lose their ability to be turned into gems? [Solved]

NoticeMeArkay
NoticeMeArkay
✭✭✭✭✭
Edit: It's indeed not a bug but furnishings from crown crates cannot be turned back into gems when bought directly with said currency.
Not great, but at least it's not a bug.

On my screen you can see three different crown crate furnishings. From top to bottom:

- The "Harrowstorm Mists" from the current buoyant armiger crates. (40 gems, turning into 13)
- The "Meridian Mote" from the unfeathered crates (100 gems, turning into 33)
- The "Aetherial Comet" from the ayleid crates (100 gems, supposed to turn into 33)

All three of them count as crown crate furnishings and should therefore hold the ability to be turned into gems again, right?
However, the "Aetherial Comet" does not do so anymore. It was placed down in a house during the past crate cycles and now, once picked up, lost it's value.

Gem-Issue.png

The comet appeared for me in the gem extraction before, as far as I remember even after the ayleid crates disappeared from the store.
I wanted to check on the official website how crown crate furnishings are being handled, if I misremember something or if something has been changed. But all I could find is this:

Bild-2023-10-01-141402873.png

Do I misremember things, did Zos change something and I fail to find the information regarding it or is it a bug?
(Posted here instead of "Players helping Players", since I couldn't tell if it's a bug or not)
Edited by NoticeMeArkay on October 1, 2023 7:01PM
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think its a bug. As far as I recall, I have a crate mushroom thats still extractable even after being placed.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • MafiaCat115
    MafiaCat115
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had an aquarium furnishing from a crate and I'm fairly confident that it was still able to be gemmed after I placed it down multiple time. Probably a bug for your furnishing.
    Still hoping that one day hair dyeing will be an option. We know it's canon in universe already thanks to a book in the Manor of Masques! (House of Reveries: The Troupe)
    Proud owner of a Morrowind Banner of the 6th House (back when it actually meant something)