Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Request once Gifting re-enabled

Grendalism
Grendalism
✭✭✭
Dear ZOS,

I know you’re working on a way to re-enable gifting, which is good news (better news once you announce it is back).

However, there have been some significant items (such as Hunters glade, highhallows hall relisted & buoyant armitager crates)
That several players have been interested in, but not able to obtain as gifting was disabled.

Can you please confirm if ANY of the crown store limited time listings, that have occurred during gift disablement, will be put back into the crown store once gifting is enabled?

(I.e. for a 2 week period after gifting is reenabled all these offers are back)

Thanks

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/643289/update-on-current-and-future-status-of-gifting#latest
Edited by ZOS_Icy on September 25, 2023 10:58AM
Building stuff on EU-PS4 since 2015
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to happen, I was lucky enough and I didn't need any of the items in the crown store since gifting was disabled but many people must have missed something they liked.

And this isn't related to the post but you should let us buy items that are no longer available like... if I want to pay ZOS 140€ for a house that's not available right now and ZOS says no uhm it seems like a bad decision on your side.
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    the thing is your not paying 140 euros for a house your asking other people to pay 140 euros for your house, also the items are available you just need to buy them yourself.
  • LesserCircle
    LesserCircle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daoin wrote: »
    the thing is your not paying 140 euros for a house your asking other people to pay 140 euros for your house, also the items are available you just need to buy them yourself.

They are not available, lets say I want to buy the Psijic Villa, that's some big boy amount of money but it isn't available right now, I could contact support and ask to buy that one and they would get that money, or I can keep playing, be frustrated that I can't get it, try to wait until it becomes available but the rotation is so slow that I will most likely stop playing before that happens. I understand the FOMO factor but with a system like this FOMO would still work and players that play for years would benefit from this because they are going to buy it anyway.

About the asking other people, if the item is available and I pay gold for another person to buy it for me, its basically the same thing for ZOS, someone spent that money to buy it and most people that buy items with gold are not going to buy it with real money anyway so not being able to do that is a loss for them as well.
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Daoin
    Daoin
    ✭✭✭
    i wont say anything more on the point of gifting, except i hope it is never re-enabled. but yes i guess access to more housing more frequently could be a good idea.
  • AstroST
    AstroST
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wont say anything more on the point of gifting, except i hope it is never re-enabled. but yes i guess access to more housing more frequently could be a good idea.

Cuold I ask why you hope fot that?
    To me it just seems a very toxic end egoistical point of view, I woul love to understand your reasoning.
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

'Gifting' is more often than not trading a crown item for gold. People can make their own choices. If they want to stock up on their ESO+ crowns, or buy crowns, to sell for gold then it's a win-win.

Not everyone likes the shinies.

But I sure as hell do.
  • Katzenzunge
    Katzenzunge
    ✭✭✭

You've commented similar things quite often, why do you feel like it's unfair?
    Like, I have seen some comments where the concept of gifting in eso is painted like an unfair thing where people take advantage of others, and I do not understand it.

Wether people like crown/gold/gifting and exchanges or not, should players not get to gift other players things?

Or is it specifically the crown to gold thing that irks you?
  • XSTRONG
    XSTRONG
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One will have to hope that those who sell their rl money for in game gold are adults and knows what they are doing.

Selling some crowns are cheaper then go out and get drunk lol
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AstroST wrote: »

Cuold I ask why you hope fot that?
    To me it just seems a very toxic end egoistical point of view, I woul love to understand your reasoning.

Some (I don't recall who) have objected to gifting because of people getting gold or Crowns cheap through third party sites, which is of course against ToS and the reason why it has temporally been disabled.

But were that not the case, I don’t see why anyone should object. People should be able to spend their time and money how they choose, including both gifting and trading, and it’s fun for prizes and guild auctions as well.
  • Arximond
    Arximond
    Soul Shriven
    They use third-party sites because this method seems easier. ZOS banned gifts, ok, but it was good to give people an alternative. So that people do not sell crowns and gold on third-party platforms, for example, a crown merchant, or a gift merchant. With very simple mechanics. if a player wants to sell something, he simply sends crowns / a gift to this merchant, setting the price in gold, and those who want to buy used as a guild merchant, a kind of auction house, in the capitals of alliances, for example. In the absence of a point transfer of crowns / gifts, this will greatly complicate the work of third-party sites. The problem is that we don't know exactly why they shut down the system. an in-game auction of crowns /gifts would be a good further development option, in my opinion.