The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Let's discuss the difference between effects volume and music volume.

OverpoweredPhealing
OverpoweredPhealing
Soul Shriven
So in the past i have purchased a music box at the crown store. Fun and all, and i like some better than others. But i do have a question about it and i did try to look for an answer, but i couldn't actually find something about it. Could have be me of course, but if you do know a topic about it, please copy and paste it.

The thing is that the Music Box i did buy will play music as expected. However, changing audio settings make me believe that a Music Box is actually considered as 'Effects Volume' rather than 'Music Volume' as expected. Now i sometimes would find the effects volume off specific spells a little too loud compared to other sound settings, so i have effects volume rather low. But i noticed that if i turn down effects volume, the same change of settings would take place for the Music Box. As of which i actually would think it wouldn't effect the Music Box, since it name itself carries Music within it's own mystic. Now i wonder, cause i can understand that activating or deactivating the Music Box would be considered as a 'special effect', however the actual Music Box playing it's lovely tune makes me confused every time. Cause in my opinion the 'special effect' what is playing at the time the Music Box is activated should actually be considered as music playing. At least that's what i would have expected when buying the actual Music Box. If it stated at that time, or was explained as 'special effect', i wouldn't be sure at this moment if i would have bought them before knowing that they would be lowered with there volume if i would lower effects volume rather then music volume.

I'm also curious what other would find or what expatiation they had while buying it, or if they would consider it not buying it knowing that it is actually not considered as music but more as a special effect. Since the difference in those two would be of great difference. Somewhat even misleading.

Also to keep it a bit positive, I'm also curious which one is your most and less favourite Music Box!
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Music volume probably refers to the game music (zone music, battle music) only.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

Options
  • OverpoweredPhealing
    OverpoweredPhealing
    Soul Shriven
    Probably yes, as i have already experienced that. But selling it in crown store being called as Music Box, wouldn't you expect it to be labelled as Music Volume, rather then Effects Volume?
    Options
  • SilverBride
    SilverBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably yes, as i have already experienced that. But selling it in crown store being called as Music Box, wouldn't you expect it to be labelled as Music Volume, rather then Effects Volume?

No, because the music box is an item and turning it on creates the effect of playing a song.
    Edited by SilverBride on September 6, 2023 12:49AM
    PCNA
    Options
  • Alphawolf01A
    Alphawolf01A
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Side note, the volume for bards is controlled by "effect" volume, not by NPC dialog or music settings. I have a thing where music irritates me. ( a "me" problem, I know.) I already have the music turned off and I usually mute the NPCs when I'm not questing. The constant gossiping about "my" adventures gets old fast. Plus the fact that you can still hear them, word for word, almost a hundred feet away. Unfortunately, the sound range for the bards is almost as bad. I turn it down to about 20-25% of max so the sound fades after about10-15 feet. I really wish that the bard volume was either separate or linked to music or dialog settings.

Also, the effect noise when scrolling through furnishings is annoying as heck. THUM! THUM! THUM! THUM! THUM! Even worse with a headset on.
    Edited by Alphawolf01A on September 20, 2023 11:24PM
    Options