The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Increase Sell to Merchants by X% Enchanted Gear

RedBear_77
I went to sell crafted food, excess mats, etc on my alt that is wearing several gear pieces that has the Sell to merchant for __% more enchant, the total of the gear I am wearing is 855% and the gold amount did not change form what it said when the items were in my bank or in alts inventory. IE: Potion on alt said 3 gold, Put in bank, logged in to selling alt, withdrew item and went to sell, the value stayed at 3 gold. I sold item and only got 3 gold. I tried this with a split stack of Leather said 80 gold on alt, went to sell character and sold, got 80 gold. I have a total of 855% Sell to merchant for more on this character. So, selling item that normally sells for 3 gold should be 25.65 gold and 80 gold item should have been 684 with the enchanted gear I am wearing. They may intend that this enchant does not stack but I did not even get a one item increase of 125%, that would have been 3.75 gold for the 3 gold item. (is there no roundup? Fine is so) The 80 gold item at 125% should have sold for 100 gold.

Question are: Is this enchant bugged and not working at all? Does this enchant stack?
  • drallar
    drallar
    ✭✭✭
    The sell for 110% more to a vendor refers only to that single item from my understanding. If you have a Breastplate or a sword with that ability, only that BP or sword sells for more, not everything you sell.

It is kind of confusion, I started out deconstruction stuff on my Blacksmith wearing a set of gear that gave a bonus amount of inspiration back until I realized it was breaking down that single piece of gear that gained the bonus.

• Sorpaijen_ESO
    Sorpaijen_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    AFAIK, those bonuses are not to the sale price of EVERYTHING but just to the item itself. It's usually called "Ornate" which to me means that that tunic is REALLY specially-made and fancy so it will sell more than an otherwise-similar tunic.
  • Laerian
    Laerian
    ✭✭✭
    That % only applies to that item value specifically and it doesn't stack.

• Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    Piece of armor is worth 100g

That armor with the 110% enchant is worth 110g
  • Tatuaje
    Tatuaje
    ✭✭
    hmmmm I always thought it meant that item sold for X% more than the vendor listed item. Never tested it though.
  • RedBear_77
    Thank you, This all makes sense. I was actually concerned if it stacked and worked the way I originally posted. The gold farmers would love that. Is this the same for the mundus stones, avoid decay, increase experienced gain and other traits? I've seen specific questions like mine but no overall here is how the traits work guide. These traits stack, these don't. I assume there is one out there and I just have not located in the vast sea of posts or sites that have info. Lot of reading to maybe get an answer or in my case not get a clear one until now. I don't want to run around wearing two items with Explore xp if that doesnt stack or Xp with this armor, etc.