[Tales of Tribute] People cheating?

jcaceresw
jcaceresw
✭✭✭✭✭
I am doing Tales of Tribute because of that gold lead. So I am doing the dailies against the players but on every match per opponent turn I see they take more than 90 seconds to "plan" their strategy and get about 30+ power after 2 or 3 turns. Is there a software or planner I am not aware of? This makes playing ToT pretty boring and something that I would prefer ZOS remove it completely because I really am not able to complete those dailies because of this reason.
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 20, 2023 1:20AM
  • laniakea_0
    laniakea_0
    ✭✭✭✭
    there's a tribute lead?
    Options
  • freespirit
    freespirit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The lead does drop from the NPC dailies, which imo are a way better option, other players get far too salty for my liking!!
    When people say to me........
    "You're going to regret that in the morning"
    I sleep until midday cos I'm a problem solver!
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    there's a tribute lead?

There’s some Necrom music box gold antiquity with one of the leads put in a ToT winner coffer RNG pool.

PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with Tales Of Tribute.

Thank you for your understanding
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Monte_Cristo
    Monte_Cristo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcaceresw wrote: »
    I am doing Tales of Tribute because of that gold lead. So I am doing the dailies against the players but on every match per opponent turn I see they take more than 90 seconds to "plan" their strategy and get about 30+ power after 2 or 3 turns. Is there a software or planner I am not aware of? This makes playing ToT pretty boring and something that I would prefer ZOS remove it completely because I really am not able to complete those dailies because of this reason.

Some of us don't know how to play ToT, so we struggle to take our turns as quickly as you like.
    Had someone tell me to uninstall the game for that reason, recently.
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laniakea_0 wrote: »
    there's a tribute lead?

Inkbox for something in Necrom...
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • MidniteOwl1913
    MidniteOwl1913
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just play NPC's, the lead still drops.
    PS5/NA
    Options
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a software or planner I am not aware of?

I don't use any add-ons, and have no knowledge of what add-ons are out there for ESO, but sometimes when I'm watching a streamer play ToT they inspect their opponents' cards to a detailed extent that I didn't even think was possible, making me wonder if they're using some kind of ToT-related add-on?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
    Options
  • Neonisys
    Neonisys
    ✭✭✭
    There's a lot of cheaters about I have noticed, especially ramped up this past week, has a new exploit been found?

There must be something with Almalexia as I have noticed players playing Alma cards they never bought repeatedly, such as two 6 coin Alma cards in their second turn.

This isn't the usual good player stacking cards over a few turns then getting on a roll, it's literally playing cards they can't possibly have.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I don't use any add-ons, and have no knowledge of what add-ons are out there for ESO, but sometimes when I'm watching a streamer play ToT they inspect their opponents' cards to a detailed extent that I didn't even think was possible, making me wonder if they're using some kind of ToT-related add-on?

Sounds like they are simply using the patron of the Almalexia deck (the new one that dropped with Necrom), which lets you view the opponents next hand and discard one card of choice so that it goes straight to their cooldown pile.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
    Options
  • Naomi_K
    Naomi_K
    ✭✭✭

Just click on any pile of cards to see all the cards in that pile. No addon needed.
    Edited by Naomi_K on August 20, 2023 3:34PM
    PC EU
    Options
  • sayswhoto
    sayswhoto
    ToT could use a larger community or an expanded explanation of how the games works. There a lot of "gotcha's" that I don't feel are effectively communicated to the playerbase. Examples:
    • As previously stated, you can click on your opponents cards or deck area to see their draw pile, played cards pile, and cooldown pile. With a small deck (starting out or thinned down due to card removal), you can basically see what is in their hand.
    • There are some tricks you can use with knowing when your deck will cycle. You can find these videos on YouTube.
    • I believe (can correct me if I'm mistake) your played pile cannot be top draw if a deck is cycled. If you use this to your advantage, in terms of knowing which cards you will draw, you can pull off some combo's that would seem at first to be low chance.
    • 80 prestige is an automatic win for whoever crosses over that threshold first. No chance for the opponent to try and go over it like the 40 prestige limit.

Is there cheating? I'm not sure. Things can definitely look suspect at times, but for those that are trying to take ToT very seriously, then it can take some time to think through the turn and get some rough estimate of probabilities.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Naomi_K wrote: »

Just click on any pile of cards to see all the cards in that pile. No addon needed.

Oh, wow. Learn something new every day…
    Options
  • WitchyKiki
    WitchyKiki
    ✭✭✭
    I've been accused of cheating by people who don't understand mechanics. For example, in one match we had Pelin and ansei. I pulled one green (turns either to gold or 1 power) 1 power and 3 coins. I turned Ansei towards me, gained 4 coins and bought a card. The other person immediately conceded and told me I was reported for cheating.

I asked what made them think I was cheating, in which they said I only had 3 coins and bought a 4 coin card. It goes without saying that I had to explain the mechanics to the other player, which cleared that up. Not that I care over reports, I get on PVP and I get hate whispered frequently that I'm reported.

Just saying, I've seen some shady tavern luck on TOT, but straight up cheating seems impossible to me.
    Options
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    And the "got 30+ power after only 2 or 3 turns" honestly sounds like they ran into either a Crow or Druid player. I remember very early in trying to learn this game wondering how people suddenly would get 20-30 power in one hand and obliterate me... and that's also because the tutorial for ToT is so bad, you really end up just learning the hard way as you go observing people. And eventually figured out that power turned into prestige/points after a hand is done - a thing I literally didn't understand in week one or two because, again, awful tutorial if you have never played a card game besides Blackjack - and then had to learn what combos did aka the endless draw of Crow cards where they get a ton of coin plus power then turn the Crow patron to convert that mass of coins to even MORE power and suddenly as a new player you have lost like 10 to 70 and think they must be cheating/hacking. No... you're just new and they know how to play/cheese the game.

The best advice is to stick with the NPC dailies at first because there is no time limit, so you have all the time in the world to hover your cursor over each card and read what it does/how it combos and slowly watch what happens as you play and as the NPC plays. That's when things eventually started clicking for me so that I had better familiarity with what each deck did, what each patron did, what the condition is for turning a patron to favor you and such before wading back out into the wilds of playing versus real players, many of whom are experienced and have full expanded DLC decks past the basic first four, etc.
    Options
  • birdmann1230
    Agree. The tutorial is a joke, and it took me several rounds to figure out the point. Playing the NPC’s is a good way to learn the decks and how they work together. I tell guildies to do the tutorial then to play me so I can actually teach them how to play.
    Options
  • GCJ_
    GCJ_
    I don't know how it is done be it a glitch being exploited or a straight up hardware/software manipulation cheat but I've witnessed players playing cards they didn't buy. Not that it couldn't be afforded or there's already the maximum quantity in play, but just simply that the card in question had never been in the tavern to buy at all. Its not that difficult to catch volley in your opponent's deck. Its a pretty memorable card to not notice. Especially if its within the first few turns and you are the one who drafted Pelin.
    Options