The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Shadowfen 62/62

Rootera
Rootera
Currently 60/62, and it is quite impossible to find the last 2 quests.

The last 2 quests I need for the title.

I've done the random ones throughout (like getting the rubies out of crocs stomachs), done all of deep graves, gas clouds, the one on the other side of the bridge, etc. And the 2 in the Ruins that a lot of people miss.

I have heard that the mercenaries quest in Stormhold is bugged, but still I cannot find the last two. Checked all public dungeons again also.
  • Xaxxus
    Xaxxus
    Same position as you.

I have a feeling its got nothing to do with missing quests, and is more to do with the game not properly recording the quests you do complete.

In eastmarch for example, i completed the main story line and I am missing all the associated achievements.

Zenimax needs to add a section to our journal that shows completed quests for each zone. So we can see which ones we have done and check.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one game Ive played had a completed quest journal. I miss that feature.
  • RipVanWinkleX
    There is something of a bug that I hear. Part of the Pack story has you to go meet with the pirate leader. But have you already did the pirate leader questline you will not get the quest.

Like me, I explored and didn't get the quest to meet the pirate leader because I already did the questline over there.

I am at 60 as well. The other quest is the dungeon (from what I hear as I have yet to do the dungeon.)
  • KenjiJU
    KenjiJU
    ✭✭✭
    OP could you tell me which ruins you're talking about? I'm at 59/62.

For sake of completion, I'll add some off-path ones I remember. One north of Forsaken Hamlet after finishing main quest node there. One north-east of Sunscale Strand, about the girl with trinkets.
    Edited by KenjiJU on April 13, 2014 2:27AM
  • RipVanWinkleX
    I remember one near the shadow stone; I believe south east of it. It was quest about dead guar.
  • jamesgiordaneb17_ESO
    I'm on 58 of 62 for Shadowfen, but for some reason with eastmarch I have completed the quest achievement and have at least 2 if not more to do... most confusing
  • Benefactor
    Benefactor
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe this is because they removed a few quests dealing with the argonians and the night mother and forgot to update the achievements.
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its still doable. Saw someone in the zonechat cheering about how he finnaly found the last quest to finish this.
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • RussianRambo
    They are doable only if you do them in the right order:
    Shadowfen quests
  • Malediktus
    Malediktus
    ✭✭✭✭
    so many bugs with achievements, quests and books. They should have spent more time to make the system more robust
    @Malediktus --- Ebonheart Pact, EU-Megaserver
  • jamesgiordaneb17_ESO
    To be fair missing some quests for an achievement isn't really a bug, just an annoyance... a really big annoyance to those of us that want to do all the quests and not grind, but there we go
  • TheRealDoc
    TheRealDoc
    ✭✭✭
    I just registered to say that I was stuck at 61/62 for most of this weekend.

The quest I was missing was "Missing Son" down in percolating mire. I thought I had problems with the mercenaries being bugged as they are still in west stormhold, but it hasn't made a difference.

There's a useful thread if you google on reddit for shadowfen. Also, the Arx dungeon quest counts, as do the two quests in Lorealis. Other than that, every other quest is outside and you can find by roaming the map.

I literally did 6-7 hours before finding the missing quest. you just need to print out a map and roam until you find them......
  • thilog
    thilog
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't solve the murder quest because one of the bodies was under the map. There's another quest that I'm not sure if I've completed or not because everytime I die I get a message saying I didn't get so&so's heart.. the only quests I could think of you missing might be the sheograth mission which is the mage guild one or the fighters guild ones. Might be an idea to look up a shard map, they usually show all map locations, maybe you'll spot somewhere you haven't been yet.
  • justabignerd
    justabignerd
    Soul Shriven
    I have completed all quests for Shadowfen & I did notice that after completing two of them, I got no credit & on three of my quests while I was going back through looking for missing quests, I noticed 3 NPCs with the white companion marker over their heads still but was unable to interact with any of them. Sitting at 59/62... Im thinking after my 30 days game time runs out, I'll give these guys a few months to actually complete their game and maybe it will be more playable. If you are the kind of person in this for the "End Game" and can skip the story lines then this game is mostly working but I am at Level 50 & it is killing me I can not complete Shadowfen quests or after a total of 10 hours (2 hours at a time) of sitting no Captain Bones' Ship spawn at all.
  • MinotaurXXX
    i found a quest in the deep graves area when it said it was already a completed area, its called the final release given out by beezus or something like that. now im 62/62
  • Kentarii
    Kentarii
    Soul Shriven
    Sakiri wrote: »
    Only one game Ive played had a completed quest journal. I miss that feature.

Take a look at the newly created HoWUI addon for a quest tracker ;)
  • Loxy37
    Loxy37
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mines worse. Im at 58/62 and ive scoured the map looking for them several times. Ive done all the areas/travelled the roads/offroad/all public dungeons. I havent done the dungeons but thats the same in all the areas ive done on 3 characters and never had an Issue reaching the achievement even when a few quests are bugged.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one I missed first go round I think was intimidate/persuade Drilik to forget his crown. The making of the crown is a quest itself and the ONLY thing I did different second go round.
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Im 56/62, so I know im missing some, but couldnt find them after running around the whole map.
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are a few quests in dungeons
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AngryNord wrote: »
    There are a few quests in dungeons

The delves yes. We arent talking about missing those. You dont need the group dungeon either(Arx) as I didnt do it.

Problem is the zone violates the "explore" rule. Breadcrumbs count and you can miss those. Intimidate/persuade can cause you to skip one quest entirely.

No other zone on this faction is this tight in the achievement.