The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

unannounced minor patching or redownload for no apparent reason?

Windshadow_ESO
Windshadow_ESO
✭✭✭
i am sitting watching the launcher download and apply a patch larger than 100 meg in size. I do not mind the in rode this makes into my days play time… but this is an iteration of 1.0.7 which was downloaded on Monday for the NA server.
While I like the fact that fixes are being sent to live as soon as they can I do will that they would tell us what these hot fixes to the client are suspected to do so that we can check and report if they in fact do what they say they are intended to do
Edited by Windshadow_ESO on May 7, 2014 3:37PM
  • Foxhunt
    Foxhunt
    ✭✭✭
    Stealth updates, gotta love 'em.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. Still on 1.0.7.980598

No patching here.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Strange… the update was done normally after the servers came back on monday and play yesterday was normal with more than 4 hours of low level PVE play before the the crash to desktop at which point I shut things down for the day
    they morning i launch the launcher and it goes right into patching and after the first 100+ meg was applied an smaller one was apple and it has started a download of a patch larger than 2 gig which at the normal 1.33mB/s i get on these things is only through the first 500 meg… this whole process is now almost 30 min long

I wonder if something the crash yesterday caused something in the launcher to decide to redownload a large part of the game client the game options in the launcher says updating and not repairing.

I wonder what is going on? once it finishes I will check to see if the version number has changed from 1.0.7.980598 and report here but I expect it will not have changed
  • Windshadow_ESO
    Windshadow_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting it now shows a eso.rc.1.1.0.981069

well well! Face palm time complete with animation and perhaps face desk
    the PTS had some how been selected and that was what got updated
    just another symptom of getting old I guess but I am sure i day not select it
  • Moonraker
    Moonraker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting it now shows a eso.rc.1.1.0.981069

well well! Face palm time complete with animation and perhaps face desk
    the PTS had some how been selected and that was what got updated
    just another symptom of getting old I guess but I am sure i day not select it
    Age is a wonderful thing :)

Yep, the PTS updated to 1.1.1 yesterday. If you have the PTS installed it will automatically start update is Auto Update is still selected in Options which is default. Just switch it off if you don't want it to update the PTS.

I also had another 2.5GB after the initial download.
    Edited by Moonraker on May 7, 2014 4:30PM