The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Dropped Item Sets

DanMan3395
Just curious how dropped item sets work. do they drop randomly everywhere? Are they all available at all levels?
  • KariTR
    KariTR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only crafted sets can be made at any level. I believe sets that drop from mobs start at level 15 although I didn't get my first set piece drop till around level 20.

Yes they can drop from everywhere, though the better quality pieces (that is, blue and above) have come for me from Dark Anchor bosses. And I don't think I have had a set piece from a chest, only a kill.

Your first pieces will be a 3 trait set, but at higher levels, you get sets that have a 3 plus 5 piece bonus. My highest character is L43 and in Reaper's March, so what happens later/Vet levels will be up to someone else to tell you :)
  • frozenchicken
    I believe they are found at certain level ranges from random drops. Say, you're level 19-23, you'll find Warlock's set and maybe another type of item. Hit the next range and start finding different set items.
  • Tuerai
    Tuerai
    I have gotten sets from mudcrabs, chests, dungeon bosses, etc. Expect to find them anywhere with a random chance to pull from a loot table that drops weapons and armor.
    "We were undone because of you. Every day, every day, in the dark, in the dawn, forever, r-r-rip, r-r-rip, r-r-rub, r-r-rub, right in our faces, because of you."
  • DanMan3395
    Tuerai wrote: »
    I have gotten sets from mudcrabs, chests, dungeon bosses, etc. Expect to find them anywhere with a random chance to pull from a loot table that drops weapons and armor.

Do all the set types run the full level range? I.E. is warlocks set only noob levels or can i find 50+ versions of them as well?