My Tales of Tribute Account is RUINED - Make Sure Not to RUIN Yours

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    loosej wrote: »
    I'm trying very hard OP, but I just don't see the issue. You aren't giving anyone an advantage or disadvantage by having upgraded cards. Rng might put you in such a situation sometimes, but 50% of the time your opponent should be the one in that position.

You're probably just using it as an example, but the fact that you keep going on about Runes of the Draoife makes it sound like you're trying to use a single strategy every time, which is a bad idea. Going first or second changes how you should approach the match, and so do the decks chosen by your opponent. What if you hadn't upgraded your Runes but your opponent had? You don't have control over their decks.

I also think that the cards shuffled in the deck are a mix of your cards and your opponent's. So if you have an upgraded card and your opponent a non-upgraded one, the deck contains both no matter who chooses the patron. I could be wrong on this though so someone correct me if that's the case.

@GCJ_ I like your idea of the 2-game matches, but only if zos decides to lower the initial turn timers. Having 90 seconds per turn from the very start, and a lot of players (ab)using that, is the reason I barely play ranked anymore, and since the changes in last patch I even prefer the npc's. Double matches could end up lasting for an hour, and the rewards we get from playing just aren't worth it.

Many incorrect notions here.
    -snip

While the tavern deck is a mix of both players cards, I can speak authoritatively that the content of the tavern also depends on who chose which deck. If I have all non-upgraded Druid King cards and am the one to pick Druid King, then the tavern deck will be compiled based on my Druid King collection even if the opponent has morphed all of the Druid King cards. In that case, there would be no Druid King Vestments, Wispheart Totems, or Envoy of the Draoife.
    How would you explain this then? I have all cards in all decks upgraded, and the opponent chose the Crow deck.
    gXbO1Jl.png

Explain what? That there is a Toll of Flesh and Toll of Silver.

If that morph is what you are commenting on, then don't you think that it is possible for the opponent to have the upgraded Toll as part of their collection? If I remember correctly, Toll of Silver is a morph that is eventually unlocked from just playing TOT, so it wouldn't be a rare morph for players to have.

Again, if the opponent chose a deck, then it doesn't matter what your collection is with respect to that deck.

I have a question based on your answer:
    If I upgraded a card, say Toll of Flesh to Toll of Silver, does Toll of Silver COMPLETELY replace the Flesh version in my deck or will they both exist alongside each other? From the word 'upgrade' I thought that if I got Toll of Silver then I lost Tall of Flesh.

I'm asking because you said "don't you think that it is possible for the opponent to have the upgraded Toll as part of their collection". If they have the upgraded version and I have the upgraded version, where did Toll of Flesh come from? That would only be possible if the basic cards are not completely replaced with the upgraded ones.

No, if you have the upgraded Toll of Silver, then Toll of Flesh isn't completely replaced. I can't say how many Tolls of Flesh are available originally, but after getting the Toll of Silver upgrade, you will always bring 2 Tolls of Silver and 2 Tolls of Flesh to the Tavern when you select the Crow Patron.

In the case of Runes of the Draoife and Vestments of the Druid King, when one upgrades Runes, then their Druid deck will go from always having 2 Runes of the Draoife to awlays having 1 Runes of the Draoife and 2 Vestments of the Druid King.

Well, if that is the case, then the words "Card upgrade" are misleading. It should be "Deck Upgrade". If I'm upgrading my seat to first class, or my membership from silver to gold, I do not keep both. One replaces the other.

It's an upgraded version of a particular card.
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Regardless of semantics, it's a permanent change with several implications.

- Changes strategic viability of Patron choices
    - Punishes completionist play
    - Make zero sense from a card game world perspective
    - Limits choice
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • ESO_player123
    ESO_player123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    loosej wrote: »
    I'm trying very hard OP, but I just don't see the issue. You aren't giving anyone an advantage or disadvantage by having upgraded cards. Rng might put you in such a situation sometimes, but 50% of the time your opponent should be the one in that position.

You're probably just using it as an example, but the fact that you keep going on about Runes of the Draoife makes it sound like you're trying to use a single strategy every time, which is a bad idea. Going first or second changes how you should approach the match, and so do the decks chosen by your opponent. What if you hadn't upgraded your Runes but your opponent had? You don't have control over their decks.

I also think that the cards shuffled in the deck are a mix of your cards and your opponent's. So if you have an upgraded card and your opponent a non-upgraded one, the deck contains both no matter who chooses the patron. I could be wrong on this though so someone correct me if that's the case.

@GCJ_ I like your idea of the 2-game matches, but only if zos decides to lower the initial turn timers. Having 90 seconds per turn from the very start, and a lot of players (ab)using that, is the reason I barely play ranked anymore, and since the changes in last patch I even prefer the npc's. Double matches could end up lasting for an hour, and the rewards we get from playing just aren't worth it.

Many incorrect notions here.
    -snip

While the tavern deck is a mix of both players cards, I can speak authoritatively that the content of the tavern also depends on who chose which deck. If I have all non-upgraded Druid King cards and am the one to pick Druid King, then the tavern deck will be compiled based on my Druid King collection even if the opponent has morphed all of the Druid King cards. In that case, there would be no Druid King Vestments, Wispheart Totems, or Envoy of the Draoife.
    How would you explain this then? I have all cards in all decks upgraded, and the opponent chose the Crow deck.
    gXbO1Jl.png

Explain what? That there is a Toll of Flesh and Toll of Silver.

If that morph is what you are commenting on, then don't you think that it is possible for the opponent to have the upgraded Toll as part of their collection? If I remember correctly, Toll of Silver is a morph that is eventually unlocked from just playing TOT, so it wouldn't be a rare morph for players to have.

Again, if the opponent chose a deck, then it doesn't matter what your collection is with respect to that deck.

I have a question based on your answer:
    If I upgraded a card, say Toll of Flesh to Toll of Silver, does Toll of Silver COMPLETELY replace the Flesh version in my deck or will they both exist alongside each other? From the word 'upgrade' I thought that if I got Toll of Silver then I lost Tall of Flesh.

I'm asking because you said "don't you think that it is possible for the opponent to have the upgraded Toll as part of their collection". If they have the upgraded version and I have the upgraded version, where did Toll of Flesh come from? That would only be possible if the basic cards are not completely replaced with the upgraded ones.

No, if you have the upgraded Toll of Silver, then Toll of Flesh isn't completely replaced. I can't say how many Tolls of Flesh are available originally, but after getting the Toll of Silver upgrade, you will always bring 2 Tolls of Silver and 2 Tolls of Flesh to the Tavern when you select the Crow Patron.

In the case of Runes of the Draoife and Vestments of the Druid King, when one upgrades Runes, then their Druid deck will go from always having 2 Runes of the Draoife to awlays having 1 Runes of the Draoife and 2 Vestments of the Druid King.

Well, if that is the case, then the words "Card upgrade" are misleading. It should be "Deck Upgrade". If I'm upgrading my seat to first class, or my membership from silver to gold, I do not keep both. One replaces the other.

It's an upgraded version of a particular card.

It is. Thought I expected ALL cards of the type to be upgraded, not just some. As in "ALL Toll of Flesh become Toll of Silver", not just 2/4 or whatever the numbers are. In other words, I did not expect to end up with a mix of Toll of Flesh and Toll of Silver in my own deck after the upgrade.

Oh, well. It is what is is. I'm glad I learned something new even though it will not affect how I play at all.
    Edited by ESO_player123 on September 2, 2023 11:09PM
    Options
  • GCJ_
    GCJ_
    I have played games where there were more multiples of card(s) than what a deck is supposed to bring to the tavern. Most memorable was where 3 vestments were in play. I had two and my opponent had one.
    Options