Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Books and other readable furnishings

Djennku
Djennku
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello!

I am trying to create a library of every readable furnishing in the game. It's a new project, and I have a few questions for the community.

I was curious if there is another way to purchase the books from the big furnishing packs in the crown store without buying all the other items along with them, as I am only after the books themselves.

Second, aside from the 5 bastian nymic books, 21 scrivener's hall books, and the achievement furnishings, and excluding crown furnishing pack books, are there any other books, or readable furnishings I need to be aware of to complete my library?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
@Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
Vamp and WW bites available for players.
Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Djennku wrote: »
    [...]
    I was curious if there is another way to purchase the books from the big furnishing packs in the crown store without buying all the other items along with them, as I am only after the books themselves.
    [...]
    As far as i know: no. You can find and read this books in the world, but can't get them for your houses other way.
    [...]
    Second, aside from the 5 bastian nymic books, 21 scrivener's hall books, and the achievement furnishings, and excluding crown furnishing pack books, are there any other books, or readable furnishings I need to be aware of to complete my library?
    [...]
    In case you don't know this page --> https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Library_Furnishings/Literature
    There are some readable books, once awarded for event(s?) (guess, no longer obtainable) and the bounty sheets from pickpocketing, for example.

So i'm aware of 5 furnishing books from the bundle look upon their nothing eyes (achiev-merchant in Lilmoth/Murkmire)
    --> https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Look_upon_Their_Nothing_Eyes
    but what are the 5 bastian nymic books? Or do you mean Azandar/the new Necrom ones? I found one in a treasure chest. [edit: sry, not sure... maybe it was from one of Azandars maps]

Also i didn't know, there are 21 scrivener's hall books... are they all readable?

Edited by Tobyja on August 25, 2023 12:44PM
    "Am Beginn einer jeden Katastrophe steht eine Vermutung."
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    there's the mages guild lore books that you can buy from mystic merchants.
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's the luxury vendor's velothi podium of recitation. I'm unsure if there's any other lux reads

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Velothi_Podium_of_Recitation

Also, I know you mentioned achievement furnishings, but I think I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that there are some of those that don't look like books at first glance.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:The_Keeper's_Oath_(furnishing)

Also, both newer sets of companions send letters.

Edit: There's the various songs of Pelinal books from the Midyear Mayhem

There are some books in the housing editor you can buy.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on August 26, 2023 7:23AM
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ty guys! So far I have the mages guild collection, 36 (+1) lessons of vivec, the truth in sequence, poems of nothing, oath to the keepers, the 5 nymic books, Cheeses of Tamriel, and one scrivener's hall book.

I am missing the lux items, and pretty much all of the furnishing pack books, excluding the other Scrivener's collection which I'm currently pursuing.

My end goal in this is to have an open library for anyone in the community interested to be able to walk in and read the books without needing to obtain them themselves.

I appreciate the responses. Hopefully I can collect the rest of the books from the crown pack and get this library done soon. ^^

EDIT: forgot to add, I do have the whole pelinal collection.
    Edited by Djennku on August 26, 2023 9:28AM
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    My end goal in this is to have an open library for anyone in the community interested to be able to walk in and read the books without needing to obtain them themselves.
    [...]
    Once i had this in mind too, but then i heard that visitors cannot read the books. Maybe its because the Shalidor ones (from the mages guild), maybe its the Shalidor ones only...(?)

Is someone able to clarify this point?
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tobyja wrote: »
    [...]
    [...]
    Once i had this in mind too, but then i heard that visitors cannot read the books. Maybe its because the Shalidor ones (from the mages guild), maybe its the Shalidor ones only...(?)

Unless you have your house set up as "limited visitor" people can interact with furnishings, which means they can certainly read any books. ^^
    @Djennku, PCNA.

• Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tobyja wrote: »
    [...]
    [...]

Unless you have your house set up as "limited visitor" people can interact with furnishings, which means they can certainly read any books. ^^

Good point, ty for this hint. Really.
    But did you try it with somebody? Because what i heard about is something like... shalidors not readable by visitors so noone can take advantage and reading all books at once and then grab the mythic Mora's Whisper... u know what i mean?
    Maybe it doesen't affect other books beside shalidors, i simply don't know. That's why i asked.

EDIT: oh, and now i got u... Bastion Nymic. There are 5 from. But then the one i found in a treasure map chest isn't one of those.
    --> https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Mushroom_Classification_Book
    not readable, but interactable. And maybe there are more of this, heard rumours, but have not figured out yet.
    Edited by Tobyja on August 26, 2023 3:52PM
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mage guild books are readable by others. They won't advance the skill line but they are able to be interacted with
  • Tobyja
    Tobyja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah, ok, tyvm spartaxoxo!
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can also buy a crate with 5 books at the Murkmire Achievement Vendor.
    PC/EU