The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Nunatak on tank for pug

LittlePinkDot
LittlePinkDot
✭✭✭✭✭
Hello, I just got Nunatak helm from the golden vendor this morning and I'm wondering if it's a good set for my arcanist tank to use in pugs?

I know I'm not guaranteed to get a group member wearing Nazaray to increase to duration of the major brittle.

Sentinal of Rkgamz was my other choice.

Best Answer

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Lozeenge wrote: »
    yeah it could work, but remember that set only procs brittle once the target(s) receive four ticks of damage from the AoE. you'll have to keep mobs into it, and mobile bosses may also be an issue.

Does is have to be an AOE?
    Besides unstable wall of elements, her light attacks are frost damage. If somebody triggers Rune break from her Rune of displacement skill, it's frost damage.
    And I was thinking of putting a frost damage glyph on her Sword and board back bar.

Her Rune of colourless pool can stun targets for 8 seconds and apply minor brittle for 20 seconds. Should be useable for holding targets.

I plan to stack minor and major brittle.

The AoE that’s mentioned is in reference to the set’s AoE. That said, yes you can use it. I use it in trash for my necro because necro doesn’t have an instant immobilize. Arcanist aoe immobilize is only a pitiful 3 seconds so it may be worth using nuna to decrease the time that trash spends running away. It will work fine on bosses too.

I think the immobilize you're referring to is the Flail. I'm not using Flail.

The stun from Rune of the colourless pool is an 8 second stun on monster's. Besides the minor brittle it also gives minor vulnerability. Much better than Flail in my opinion.

And Rune of displacement is a pull skill that works similar to dark convergence.

I don't use flail either, I use the runeguard of still waters. Rune of the colorless pool is a good single-target stun but with how rune of displacement pulls enemies into one tight stack, you'd have a hard time immobilizing all the enemies before they start spreading out again. Hence why I say nuna can help keep them in place better than arcanist abilities can. It slows then immobilizes, thus letting you have a longer control over the movement of trash.

Ahh so it synergises well.
    I was considering Rune guard but the heal only happens below 50% health and it costs alot of magicka.

I just love Resolving Vigor too much. I can't always rely on the Healer in a pug. And it's stamina.

I find myself running out of magicka more than stamina. Shes a magicka tank so she uses the Runic embrace, the magicka morph of the Arcanist taunt.

Shes not fully leveled yet, so hopefully I won't have such a magicka sustain issue when she's finished.
    Options
    Answer ✓
  • Lozeenge
    Lozeenge
    ✭✭✭
    yeah it could work, but remember that set only procs brittle once the target(s) receive four ticks of damage from the AoE. you'll have to keep mobs into it, and mobile bosses may also be an issue.
    PC-NA / 1500+ CP / PvE mostly / "Mama didn't raise no tank."
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Besides unstable wall of elements, her light attacks are frost damage. If somebody triggers Rune break from her Rune of displacement skill, it's frost damage.
    And I was thinking of putting a frost damage glyph on her Sword and board back bar.

Her Rune of colourless pool can stun targets for 8 seconds and apply minor brittle for 20 seconds. Should be useable for holding targets.

Edited by LittlePinkDot on September 2, 2023 6:05PM
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The AoE that’s mentioned is in reference to the set’s AoE. That said, yes you can use it. I use it in trash for my necro because necro doesn’t have an instant immobilize. Arcanist aoe immobilize is only a pitiful 3 seconds so it may be worth using nuna to decrease the time that trash spends running away. It will work fine on bosses too.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The stun from Rune of the colourless pool is an 8 second stun on monster's. Besides the minor brittle it also gives minor vulnerability. Much better than Flail in my opinion.

And Rune of displacement is a pull skill that works similar to dark convergence.
    Edited by LittlePinkDot on September 2, 2023 7:03PM
    Options
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I don't use flail either, I use the runeguard of still waters. Rune of the colorless pool is a good single-target stun but with how rune of displacement pulls enemies into one tight stack, you'd have a hard time immobilizing all the enemies before they start spreading out again. Hence why I say nuna can help keep them in place better than arcanist abilities can. It slows then immobilizes, thus letting you have a longer control over the movement of trash.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    Options