The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Vamp mist while scroll carrying still allowed?

jeradlub17_ESO
jeradlub17_ESO
✭✭✭
Patch 1.07 hit today and they nuked being able to teleport with the scroll which is understandable so why is vamp misting still allowed? Vamp misting while scroll carrying needs to be eliminated as well especially since it carries a detarget, damage reduction, and speed enhancement with it. I don't understand why you nerf one and not the other especially when misting vamp scroll carriers are a much bigger problem.
- Dallamar, Sorc, EP
- Krushim of KrushimTV on Youtube and Twitch
- https://www.youtube.com/c/KrushimTV
- http://www.twitch.tv/krushim
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you can carry it with Boundless Storm, Rapid Maneuvers etc., all which give similar speed boosts, there's no reason not to be able to carry it in Mist Form.

By the way - you can knock people out of Mist Form completely with bash.

Also, it's bugged and if you tab target you can still cast CC/snares etc. on players in Mist Form, despite that it's supposed to give immunity.

If the person in Mist Form has 3 people chasing them, they will die just as fast as if they were in a 1v1 and stood there just taking damage, and not fighting back at all.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 5, 2014 8:34PM
    Options
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    If they ban one speed enhancement they should ban them all while carrying the scroll.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    Options
  • nukeyoo
    nukeyoo
    ✭✭✭
    If we're going to argue for mist form because of Boundless Storm, Rapid Maneuvers to allow scroll carriers to mist form. Lets make the abilities comparable. Allow mist formers to be targeted without tab target or change boundless storm and rapid maneuvers buff to make their users untargetable while in use unless tab targeted before use. I mean we're trying to argue balance right?
    - done w/ it
    Options
  • Milky
    Milky
    ✭✭✭
    Why should the player be allowed to use any skills when carrying a scroll?

Scroll carrier should get a new skillbar when carrying it. It only has one skill on the bar which allows you to thwack people with the scroll and make them blind.
    Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    Erm you might have forgotten that mist has been nerfed allready ... It costs more mana now and the speed buff was drastically decreased.
    Options
  • ChairGraveyard
    ChairGraveyard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Considering they BROKE ELUSIVE MIST and it DOES NOT GIVE ANY SPEED BOOST, complaining about being able to carry the scroll while using it is the height of stupidity.

It's literally the same speed as default running as of now.
    Neferath wrote: »
    Erm you might have forgotten that mist has been nerfed allready ... It costs more mana now and the speed buff was drastically decreased.

Actually, it's worse than that - they broke the skill. It does NOT apply any speed bonus. It should be 30% post-nerf, and it's actually 0%.

So people complaining about Mist Form scroll carriers... well, egg on your face kiddos, because there's no speed boost, so you were chasing someone at normal speed the whole time.

Obviously running at normal speed is FAR too OP. /s

Kids like these whining about stuff they don't even realize doesn't work are going to ruin this game.
    Edited by ChairGraveyard on May 7, 2014 1:05AM
    Options
  • jeradlub17_ESO
    jeradlub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they BROKE ELUSIVE MIST and it DOES NOT GIVE ANY SPEED BOOST, complaining about being able to carry the scroll while using it is the height of stupidity.

It's literally the same speed as default running as of now.
    Neferath wrote: »

Actually, it's worse than that - they broke the skill. It does NOT apply any speed bonus. It should be 30% post-nerf, and it's actually 0%.

So people complaining about Mist Form scroll carriers... well, egg on your face kiddos, because there's no speed boost, so you were chasing someone at normal speed the whole time.

Obviously running at normal speed is FAR too OP. /s

Kids like these whining about stuff they don't even realize doesn't work are going to ruin this game.

That simply isn't true at all. Either something else is affecting your character or you are just trolling/lieing. We all see this everyday and the speed boost is not broken. Nothing should make you untargetable except for little blips in between key presses. The height of stupidity is you failing to understand that it isn't just about the speed boost which shouldn't be allowed but also the fact you can't target the carrier except for the little blip in between ability launches. That was never intended and needs to be dealt with.
    - Dallamar, Sorc, EP
    Options
  • SilentThunder
    SilentThunder
    ✭✭
    personally I think mist form should cause you to drop the scroll. Its supposed to be a extremely powerful magic object which should burn away the mist or simply fall to the ground due to lack of support. It was the synergy between rapid maneuver and mist form that made vamp scroll runners unstoppable. Rapid maneuver prevents CC and stacked with the mist form speed bonus. I chased a vamp running a scroll once and on a 50% speed horse. Sprinting on My mount I was barely faster than the vamp. Since you cant use any CC against rapid maneuver you get one shot at best before the vamp is out of range and then its "you cannot mount in combat" and he's long gone. I haven't seen a vamp runner since the change to mist form so hopefully that fixed it some what.
    Edited by SilentThunder on May 7, 2014 9:43AM
    Saving you or sending you since 2001
    "The light is strong and man is weak and the world walks in-between" R. Trower
    Options
  • Neferath
    Neferath
    ✭✭✭
    personally I think mist form should cause you to drop the scroll. ...

This, would make perfectly sense and iam all fine with that hence beeing a vamp myself.

But experience at this forum (just like at any given other mmo) has shown that only a small number of people care to think about anything before they start to post, rant and whine about op skills and classes in order to get them nerfed for no reason. Well now reason except of their own incompetence and their refusal to adapt to different situations of course.

Options