The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Does Surge/Bound Armor affect Overcharge?

Vizjerie
Vizjerie
Since Overcharge replaces your weapon attacks with a magical damage thats 9% stronger (after morphed).

But what happens if I activate Bound Armor with the damage morph, and Surge on, would that be added into Overcharge?
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    I havent tested it but tooltips suggest bound armaments would affect all heavy attacks regardless of weapon.

Surge increases weapon damage by a set ammount so that would rely on overcharge being based on weapon damage stat which is most likely as well.

So my guesstimate is yes on both counts. Probably want to do some tests to be sure.

The Overcharge 9% would likely only boost from base damage of course with surge and ba applied to the damage after.
    Edited by Tadhg_Longhouse on May 7, 2014 3:47AM
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Vizjerie
    Vizjerie
    Ah okay, yeah its a bit hard to test this since its almost impossible to have consecutive attacks do the exact same damage so i can do a comparison.
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    They should do the same damage unless you have a high crit rate. If you are getting varied consecutive hit numbers there might be something else going on.

This guy did it with basic attacks at least:
    (sorry on mobile so link is messy)
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=ua5pU9vKNYWC8gWRtIGYDg&url=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EiUATvbFDUQ&cd=3&ved=0CDQQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNEN58chEN7EvfVy-OiFNZ-y6GSxNA&sig2=LamEa_rXK5KXSPlMCqmtNA
    Edited by Tadhg_Longhouse on May 7, 2014 3:59AM
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion
  • Tadhg_Longhouse
    Tadhg_Longhouse
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, so I figured I had some spare time to at least test whether Surge increases overloads damage and it does not appear to.

With a weapon damage of 117, normal light attacks did 85 damage. Heavy attacks did 209.
    With surge increasing my weapon damage to 163 (due to pvp 5% boost), light attacks do 112 damage and heavy 273.

Overload did 207 damage with light attacks and 266 damage with heavy attacks with and without surge activated.

This leads me to think that whatever overload adds 9% damage to it isn't weapon damage or weapon attacks. I couldn't find a 9% increase in any of my figures and fighting unarmed (weapon damage 0) didn't change anything.

This likely means that Bound Armaments will have no effect on Overload either as it seems to base its damage off something non-weapon related. Just goes to show the importance of testing.
    Tadhg Longhouse
    Reachman Sorcerer
    Aldmeri Dominion