Maintenance for the week of May 20:
· [COMPLETE] NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 18:00 UTC (14:00PM EDT)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Tales of Tribute is so annoying/unnecessary

AllNightPlayer
Why do I have to play this for some quests? I’m an adventurer, who defeated Daedric princes, and also a thief and assassin. Can’t I just kill every NPC, who’s above my rank, or steal their cards and money?
Do you have advise to win this crap against the NPC?
Edited by ZOS_Icy on August 26, 2023 10:30AM
  • ZOS_Icy
    ZOS_Icy
    mod
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Because somewhere out their in Oblivion is an even madder got than old Uncle Sheo. They call him... Pete Hines.
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't have to play it to advance any quest.

For advice about playing it, if you upload a video of you playing it, I'd be happy to offer some tips.

For general tips....

Remember that the middle patron turns your 1 coin cards into 2 coin cards. This can help you afford more expensive cards.

Go for card color combos and use cards that get through your deck faster when available. Don't be afraid to get rid of a card you don't need anymore if the opportunity presents itself.
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »
    There was one quest in Galen that had you playing a match against an NPC in the Outlaw's Refuge. I don't know if you had to win to progress, but you had to play.

Lethal zergling
    Options
  • Necrotech_Master
    Necrotech_Master
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was one quest in Galen that had you playing a match against an NPC in the Outlaw's Refuge. I don't know if you had to win to progress, but you had to play.

you dont have to win to progress that quest

im pretty sure that quest gives you the option to bypass playing if you pick the option for it, but if you dont win it progresses down the alternate option anyway
    plays PC/NA
    handle @Necrotech_Master
    active player since april 2014
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That quest has an alternate route if you've never completed the tutorial, and you can also instantly concede the match and take an alternative route.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on September 1, 2023 12:50AM
    Options
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That quest has an alternate route if you've never completed the tutorial, and you can also instantly concede the match and take an alternative route.
    Thanks. I didn't notice a wussout option since Tales of Tribute is cool.
    Lethal zergling
    Options