The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sorcerer vs Eclipse skill

BugCollector
BugCollector
✭✭✭✭
Not that I'm complaining -I'm a Templar with the Eclipse skill-, but what countermeasure does a pure sorcerer (destruction or restoration staff) have against the Eclipse ability from the Templar?
May knowledge guide you to enlightenment
  • Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Switch from single target dmg to AOE.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does the sorcerer really haven't got any type of debuffs?

• Aballister
    Aballister
    ✭✭✭
    Does the sorcerer really haven't got any type of debuffs?

Negate Magic, the ultimate in the dark magic skill line would do it, but unless it's 1v1 it's pretty hard to know if your targets reflecting or just getting hit from some else.
    Dark Elf Sorc(AD)
  • BugCollector
    BugCollector
    ✭✭✭✭
    so basically I'm a nightmare for sorcerers :p
  • eliisra
    eliisra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They can Bolt Escape away and come back with 30 of their closest friends haha.

Pure staff sorcerer aren't that good for 1v1 fights, they are good for groups, even better for zergs. Solo not so much, unless you count fleeing with Bolt Escape as "winning".

Counters on Eclipse would be cc, heavy attacks with resto staff and AoE, if you only use staffs. Try to wear you down by just kiting and heavy attacking/immobilizing, than knock you down when it runs out and nuke before you can get it up again.

But when I think about it closer I bet 90% (lack addons) wont even notice you have the reflect up and will kill themselves with a couple of Crystal Fragments.