Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Statue, Hermaeus Mora

FabresFour
FabresFour
✭✭✭✭✭
So... This statue is a really cool one... But: why the textures of the books are SOOOO bad? :(

39hQ5CU.jpg

Is it possible to fix? In the preview image the texture is not so low quality
2a46d57aeb7492824afac2d4676cf25c.png
@FabresFour - 2075 CP
Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is it perhaps your game settings? I see you're on PC/NA, if you have a link to a house with it I can come take a look and post a photo here if you'd like.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soarora wrote: »
    Is it perhaps your game settings? I see you're on PC/NA, if you have a link to a house with it I can come take a look and post a photo here if you'd like.

I play on ultra settings, I haven't put it in any of my houses yet, but I should put it in one of my spare furniture houses for now, in an hour I'll put it in my house in Coldharbour @FabresFour, ok? Do you have EHT?
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
    Director and creator of the unofficial translation of The Elder Scrolls Online into BR-Portuguese.
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    FabresFour wrote: »
    Soarora wrote: »

I play on ultra settings, I haven't put it in any of my houses yet, but I should put it in one of my spare furniture houses for now, in an hour I'll put it in my house in Coldharbour @FabresFour, ok? Do you have EHT?

Yes, I have EHT. I'll go check it out later. I wouldn't be surprised if it looks the same for me as it does for you then but the more "samples" the merrier.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no it looks like there is a quality texture bug for this. because I'm on ultra as well and it looks low res.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.
  • Aka_
    Aka_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Kevin

This statue looks worse texture-wise than ground textures or free furnishings comparatively. Is there any word on whether this will be fixed? Otherwise, people should get a refund based on the poor texture quality.
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hey all. Thanks for passing this along. We'll share with the team for investigation. It would be helpful to have the following context for those who have the statue:
    • What settings are you playing on?
    • Are you running any add-ons?

Also, if you answered yes to add-ons, please try disabling them to see if that changes anything. Just good for us to rule out any interference from add-ons early.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_Kevin wrote: »
    Hey all. Thanks for passing this along. We'll share with the team for investigation. It would be helpful to have the following context for those who have the statue:

Also, if you answered yes to add-ons, please try disabling them to see if that changes anything. Just good for us to rule out any interference from add-ons early.

1) Default medium settings with all shadows and reflections turned off and view set to 100.
    2) Yes with addons, but nothing related to visuals. Turned them off, no change. Even the preview in the crown store looks like this for me.
  • hashii
    hashii
    ✭✭✭

Hi, I posted some pictures in this current thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/7938006

I'm playing on max settings on PC. I'm running addons but nothing related to visuals. I'm running a reshade, but even if I turn it off, it doesn't change anything. The actual furnishing model itself is blurred/low-res for me.

Thanks.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also noticed problems with the resolution on this statue. I was planning to get a few (I'm a bit of a bibliophile IRL, and very fond of the Lovecraftian Yog-Sothoth. so obviously I enjoy the Hermaeus Mora lore in TES). However, I wanted to check the size before deciding ultimately on how many I would purchase, so I started with one and went to place it in a home. I'm so, so very glad I did! The textures of the piece seem to vary between being blocky and blurry by turns, with no sense of consistency in the overall result. I actually kept squinting my eyes, leaning toward the computer, away, zooming in, out, moving to the statue, backing away from it...nope, it's the visuals, not my eyes.

I'm running this on PC-NA primarily, Windows 10. But I've looked at it on three different computer systems, and I've also looked at (someone else's) Hermaeus Mora statue on PC-EU.

I do run addons on some of my computers, but not on all of them. These visual issues with the statue are present on both addon and non-addon computers, regardless of server.

I've been hearing lots and LOTS of similar complaint chatter in my housing guild. Basically as soon as the statue hit the store, people started lamenting purchasing it, and talking about possibly asking for a refund because of the poor resolution that couldn't be predicted from the preview.
    Edited by Kiyakotari on August 15, 2023 5:28PM
  • FabresFour
    FabresFour
    ✭✭✭✭✭

-> Ultra settings
    -> Yeah, i'm using addons. Turned all off, no change at all.
    @FabresFour - 2075 CP
  • Lucidilusions
    Lucidilusions
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin Thank you!

Max Setting 2k resolution - No difference with addons enabled or disabled. Running i9 10900k, 64GB of Ram, Windows 11 and an RTX 4070 Ti (not sure you need any of that but just incase.)
  • Silufadumar
    Silufadumar
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_Kevin I have the same issue with this statue, but I'm on Xbox Series X (eu server, if that matters).

I play with HDR, on Default setting, in performance mode.
  • alternatelder
    alternatelder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PS5 fidelity. Next to other asset to show difference. I hope we don't have to resort to refunding, had some ideas in mind for my new house.

eBar4PG.jpeg
  • ZOS_Kevin
    ZOS_Kevin
    Community Manager
    Hi All, thanks again for all of your feedback here. After an investigation, our team has figured out the issue and will be fixing the texture issue on the Hermaeus Mora Statue. We should have this fix in for the first 1st incremental after Update 39. Once we have a confirmed date, we'll let everyone know. But we are aiming for Mid-September.
    Community Manager for ZeniMax Online Studio and Elder Scrolls OnlineDev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FantasticFreddie
    FantasticFreddie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hi All, thanks again for all of your feedback here. After an investigation, our team has figured out the issue and will be fixing the texture issue on the Hermaeus Mora Statue. We should have this fix in for the first 1st incremental after Update 39. Once we have a confirmed date, we'll let everyone know. But we are aiming for Mid-September.

So glad to hear it!
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will you be extending the availability of this item in the crownstore? Or making it available again in September when the new textures are applied?
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Will you be extending the availability of this item in the crownstore? Or making it available again in September when the new textures are applied?

2nd-ing this. Many of us did not purchase this item because of the apparent low-quality texture. I feel like an putting it back up once it is fixed is the right call.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭

Hope you can answer this one @ZOS_Kevin. One day left but I don't want to buy it without seeing the end result when fixed.
  • dragonlord500
    dragonlord500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If its Mid September just for a texture fix then Zos as a whole is a very small development team.
    Guild master of Darkness of Sanguinaris. Birthday is December 4th.