Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Grim Harlequin Crate

Sailor_Palutena
Sailor_Palutena
✭✭✭✭
I wonder how are the odds to receive the Maniacal Jester personality. I have a mild interest in this one, but after buying 45 crates attempting to receive the Lich polymorh and the Legion Zero Recalling, I don't feel like betting anymore. I mean, none of the two ever drop. I didn't get any Apex or Radiant rewards in three packs of 15 crates.

I had to get those rewards by reselling the huge amount of tints, potions, motifs and repeated prizes from the lower tiers. When you read "you are guaranteed to receive at least 4 rewards", I think the message is very misleading. You indeed get 15 prizes, but most of them are repeated.

My suggestion is to actually give AT LEAST ONE Apex or Radiant reward on those packs of 15 crates, because as of now, I'm seriously unmotivated to get this personality that I long waited for.
  • IgnisDrakkon
    IgnisDrakkon
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah that’s what sucks about the crates. The drop chances for apex and radiant apex are so low. What they want you to do is buy a ton of crates and accumulate crown gems to buy the radiant apex mounts. That entails spending hundreds of dollars and a ton of gambling crates.
  • polaris86
    polaris86
    ✭✭✭
    I bought 15 crates for the first time, cause Grim Harlequin had at least 8 items I was interested in from Legendary/Epic, I thought maybe I'd get ONE of them. The personality would have been my jackpot. But didn't get ANY of the items I hoped for. I don't know if I'll ever bother buying crates again.
  • valenwood_vegan
    valenwood_vegan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I once had the same 16 gem pet repeated FIVE TIMES in 15 crates. And another 16 gem face tattoo or something repeated 3 times in the same 15 crates. I learned my lesson.
  • Muriel_La_Strega
    First and last time i buy crates!16 crates and no apex, only uneless things!