Maintenance for the week of June 3:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – June 3, 2:00AM EDT (6:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – June 5, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Cleansing Revival Purging on Any Heal

acastanza_ESO
acastanza_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello,

The Cleansing Revival CP is currently bugged, it is not respecting the under 25% health requirement to trigger the purge and is, insread purging on any heal.
This bug is being actively abused in PVP @ZOS_Kevin
Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 21, 2023 7:52PM
  • Adernath
    Adernath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow if this is true, it is actually a big bug.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Hey @acastanza_ESO thanks for the report. We're looking into this. To clarify, are you talking about Cleansing Revival? If anyone is able to capture a video of what you are seeing, it would be a big help. Thanks so much!
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 21, 2023 7:47PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey @acastanza_ESO thanks for the report. We're looking into this. To clarify, are you talking about Cleansing Revival? If anyone is able to capture a video of what you are seeing, it would be a big help. Thanks so much!

Yes, my mistake, I've edited the title and comment to correct that it is the Cleansing Revival CP that is bugged.

PainInTheAxe was showing the issue in his stream today: After 1:31:00
    At 1:31:30 he mentions the bug specifically, then shows it again at 1:32:00
    Edited by acastanza_ESO on August 21, 2023 7:52PM
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Thanks @acastanza_ESO - appreciate the follow-up. We've got an internal repro for this and can confirm we are seeing the reported behavior with certain heals. We're still investigating and will work on a fix.
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Tyrant_Tim
    Tyrant_Tim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, I’ve got another video here, showing the bug, you can see that my character never reaches under 25% and the purge happens.

https://youtu.be/Oq3C2IoQm_M
    It’s a pretty well known exploit in PvP that people have been taking advantage of.
    Edited by Tyrant_Tim on August 21, 2023 8:25PM
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks @acastanza_ESO - appreciate the follow-up. We've got an internal repro for this and can confirm we are seeing the reported behavior with certain heals. We're still investigating and will work on a fix.

Thanks Jess. I just wanted to note additionally that prominent streamers advocating for bug abuse is kind of a bad look.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks Jess. I just wanted to note additionally that prominent streamers advocating for bug abuse is kind of a bad look.

I mentioned hearing of this back on May 23. I said it in the forums. That was 3 months ago, and pvp'rs had been using this for a while before I heard about it. I find it very hard to believe that this is the first time someone at that company has heard of this. Just search "Cleansing Revival" on the forums. There was a post on June 9. There was a bug report on April 26. I mean, what they heck? You write a report and get 2 dev replies and yet all those who made efforts months ago were ignored?
    Options
  • TheDarkRuler
    TheDarkRuler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

I mentioned hearing of this back on May 23. I said it in the forums. That was 3 months ago, and pvp'rs had been using this for a while before I heard about it. I find it very hard to believe that this is the first time someone at that company has heard of this. Just search "Cleansing Revival" on the forums. There was a post on June 9. There was a bug report on April 26. I mean, what they heck? You write a report and get 2 dev replies and yet all those who made efforts months ago were ignored?

Devs tend to be more active in the forums after a patch went live. But it is nice to see the bug will get addressed.
    Options
  • acastanza_ESO
    acastanza_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This bug continues to be actively abused by a certain group of players without consequence. The ToS needs to be enforced.
    Options
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This bug continues to be actively abused by a certain group of players without consequence. The ToS needs to be enforced.

There are likely players who use this skill, not knowing it’s bugged. Having a purge happen when you are low health, especially from siege, can be a life saver. Why should they be punished? Just fix the skill.
    Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now it is triggered everytime when you take damage?
    Because I can!
    Options