Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Patch Download Stuck at 20%

stewg73
stewg73
✭✭
Is anyone else having this issue? The patch downloads to 20% and then stops at exactly 52852.07MB remaining while the MB/s slowly ticks down, and the pause button is greyed out.

Have shut down everything restarted PC etc to no avail

xmznjyg0sckf.png
Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 22, 2023 3:30AM
  • N3CR01
    N3CR01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thats not downloading, thats applying the patch.

When this was happening to me a few months ago, it was my SSD about to croak.
    It started with ESO, then Steam...

Might wanna test your SSD / HD.
    Options
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭
    Pro tip: After this patch first time you log in, that character will be awarded all the past antiquity mythic and furniture and several other achievements.

Even if they couldn't have done any of them.
    Edited by Calastir on August 21, 2023 2:10PM
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Calastir wrote: »
    Pro tip: After this patch first time you log in, that character will be awarded all the past antiquity mythic and furniture and several other achievements.

Even if they couldn't have dpne any of them.

Did you have them done on a different character, by chance?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Calastir
    Calastir
    ✭✭✭

Yes, it's just that they're all awarded to the first character that logs in.
    For others who are meticulous about such things I suggest logging in with their master scryer first time around.
    Chaszmyr Do'Benrae (Dunmer Magsorc Vampire Infinity) ~ Dusk Doublespeak (Breton Magplar Werewolf) ~ Stan of Rimari (Nord Dragonknight Tank) ~ Bunto Kim Alhambra (Redguard Magplar Paladin) ~ Alicyankali (Argonian Magicka Necromancer Draugr Kin) ~ Gruuman Odinfan (Orsimer Magplar) ~ Boymans van Beuningen (Khajiit Stam Warden Bowzerker) ~ Flannelflail (Imperial Stamina Nightblade Brawler PVP) ~ Calastir (Altmer Stamina Dragonknight) ~ Sallystir (Bosmer Stam Warden Frostbite PVP) ~ Zalastir (Altmer Magicka Warden Ice Storm) ~ Capt Peach (Nord Stamcanist Crux Cannon) ~ PC EU ~ since May 26th, 2021.
    Options
  • Snamyap
    Snamyap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Being "stuck" at 20% has been the norm for me the last few patches. It suddenly continues and then does the rest rather quickly.
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My patch installation sat at around 20% for awhile also, though I didn't see a problem so I didn't record it or anything, and it eventually continued on. Shutting down your system in mid-patch install could have created an issue and you may have to uninstall and reinstall the entire game.
    Options
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    N3CR01 wrote: »
    Thats not downloading, thats applying the patch.

When this was happening to me a few months ago, it was my SSD about to croak.
    It started with ESO, then Steam...

Might wanna test your SSD / HD.
    I had similar issue in the "not so distant" past. Since I mostly play ESO it was mostly happening with that game, but other games started doing that as well (steam, gog etc). When it happened the whole system started freezing. I was still able to remove & re-install the whole game thought. Basically, SSD issue and after some time older files become randomly corrupted and cant be "read" so every installer stops to work.

SSD in question was Samsung 870 EVO (some production batches of that drive use different SSD controller chip). However, thankfully I was able to fix the SSD issues with an SSD firmware update.

The other issue that may cause that is low disc space, as ESO needs "double" the space that is required (for file being downloaded and for file being installed, downloaded files are removed after installation).
    Options
  • ghost_bg_ESO
    ghost_bg_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭

For others who are meticulous about such things I suggest logging in with their master scryer first time around.

same just got bunch of antiques on my arcanist that has skill line progressed only to highlight chest passive (or whatever the name it has)
    Options
  • The_Boggart
    The_Boggart
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes , first to log in awards, not satisfactory, lvl 50 (just) templar got reward, established 10 yrs templar gets nothing
    Options
  • Gingaroth
    Gingaroth
    ✭✭✭
    » show previous quotes

same just got bunch of antiques on my arcanist that has skill line progressed only to highlight chest passive (or whatever the name it has)

Yep, me too. My new arcanist with only half a level in antiquities got all the achievements 3 other characters worked for. I'll be mildly annoyed for about 5 minutes, but I know some people can be really bothered by things like this.

N.B.: Besides antiquities, there are also achievements for reaching level 10 and level 50 in each class you may want to take into account.
    Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a very useful tip, thanks for it @Calastir. It's a sad reminder for many players of the damage done to their accounts by the introduction of AwA, which is a shame, especially for those who miss the tip because it wasn't mentioned with any clarity in the patch notes as it might have been. Unfortunately, there may be different achievements that you want on different characters, but there's no way round that.

The patch notes say "If you have accomplished these already, they will be awarded automatically upon first log in." but is there any chance please @ZOS_GinaBruno of this being quickly edited to read "If these have already been accomplished on your account, they will be awarded automatically upon first log in and be credited to the character you log in. Be sure therefore that you first log in after installing this update with the character you want the achievements credited to."

Options
  • Jamie_Aubrey
    Jamie_Aubrey
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it wasn't just me having Netflix and other games open, I just closed the launcher and opened it again and it started from 20% and shot right up to 80%
    RETIRED FROM ESO
    PC/EU
    Former Empress & Grand Overlord Vex Valentino
    Options
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind. Don't want to derail this topic any further.
    Edited by Marcus684 on August 21, 2023 5:01PM
    Options
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's good to know. Will be logging in with my Level 10 toon first.
    Options
  • ZOS_Hadeostry
    Greetings,

After further review we have decided to move this thread to a category we think is more appropriate for this topic, as it deals with patching issues on PC.

Thank you for your understanding
    Edited by ZOS_Hadeostry on August 22, 2023 3:31AM
    Options
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    If your launcher is stuck at updating, there are a few troubleshooting steps below that may help.

Create an Anti-virus or Firewall Exception for ESO

Each antivirus program is different and we recommend that you view the antivirus developer's website for full instructions on how to add exceptions.

The application files that may require exceptions are:
    • Bethesda.net_launcher: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\Launcher
    • ESO.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\ZenimaxOnline\The Elder Scrolls Online\game\client\eso.exe
    • Steam.exe: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steam.exe

Some antivirus programs require entire folders to be selected instead of a single file.When this is the case, the file paths below are what you should use. If required by the anti-virus program, include all subfolders since every file is critical to run the game.
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\The Elder Scrolls Online\
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\

Repair the ESO Launcher
    1. Open The Elder Scrolls Online Launcher by right-clicking on the icon on the desktop and selecting Run as Administrator.
    2. Wait for the launcher to open completely.
    3. If multiple ESO clients are installed and available through the launcher, make sure you have the correct version highlighted by clicking on it once.
    4. Open the Game Options dropdown menu and click on the option for Repair.
    5. Allow the launcher to examine all the files for the game. This may take some time.
    6. If any files are found to have problems, the launcher will re-download those files.

Delete the Program Data
    1. Close the ESO Launcher.
    2. Navigate to the patch installation folder,
    3. By default, this folder will be located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Zenimax Online\Launcher\ProgramData.
    4. Locate and delete the ProgramData folder.
    5. Restart the ESO Launcher.

There are some additional steps you can also try in the help article below.

What do I do if my ESO launcher won't start or gets stuck at "Looking for launcher updates"?
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post