Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Maormer/Sea Elf Polymorph?

gloveman3plus
gloveman3plus
Soul Shriven
I can't help but love the look of the sea elves/Maoermer in the game! From my understanding, they are not necessarily a friendly race and have never been playable as a race in any of the main Elder Scrolls games. However, I think it would super awesome if we got some sort of sea elf polymorph so we could play as a sea elf to some degree. Although the sea elves are an enemy type in many areas of the game, there are still some friendly sea elf NPCs that have been added over the years. The pyandonean outfit style got added to the game back with the Summerset DLC, I think (could be wrong)? So the game already gives you some options when it comes to the sea elf outfits, but there isn't any way to truly feel as if you are playing a sea elf character. Sure, there are ways to mix and match a high elf character with certain skins, certain eyes, etc. to get a similar look but it's really not the same. I think we should have an actual sea elf polymorph available in the crown store or something! :smile:

What do you guys think? I have noticed a similar sentiment on other posts here in the general section as well as on other forums on the internet. Just thought it would be worth it to post my thoughts about it here too! Hopefully the more we talk about it, the more likely it is to happen! :)
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There is one way: a random encounter in Blackwood might turn you into a Maormer for like 15 minutes. But it’s way too difficult to trigger and every time you change zones your appearance gets randomized. I don’t see the harm in just letting us have it as a playable race.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Maormer were so well developed by ESO that I would really not mind seeing them made available in some way.

I am pretty hard-line on the idea that ESO shouldn't intorduce races willy-nilly and the ten playable since TES3:Morrowind are what we should have, but I would definitely not be opposed to the Maormer. I think that's the only race that people suggest that isn't completely lore-breaking in some way, even if it would make some things... awkward.

I honestly think the best solution would be if ZOS would just make a collectable Skin that you could slap on an Altmer and call it a day. All Maormer in game are base on the Altmer facial structure, so if we only had a Skin like Captain Siravaen's, we could just live our own fantasies and that's be perfect. I have no problem with people RPing their own custom races, but unlike Falmer, the Maormer aren't that easy to set up.

As to the Ylahizu thing, it really made me want one since I had him do it to one of my characters and it looked incredible. I really want them to just sell a collectiable Skin for that.
    j8GmSfGm.png

Now you can try different combos of Skins we already have, or vampirism, or other base races. The best I've got is a Dunmer with Arctic Rime. It looks good, but it's not perfect, and he's too short without the Altmer base, but I don't think it's bad. It's just... not as good.
    shtVFP8l.png

But yes, I desperately want a legit-looking Skin to make an Altmer into a Maormer. I don't need these exotic Skins we've been getting in the crates, just something nice and simple that looks like a Moarmer, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'd also love if they gave us the finned ears that the Maormer have has since Summerset as Minor Adornments.
  • Kallykat
    Kallykat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the above post. The Maormer skin we have is really just Leviathan-like scales. We need an actual Moarmer skin and Maormer ears to make a real go of it.

That said, maybe some of the creations on the thread below will give some inspiration. My Maormer and several others are among the posts. Some use Altmer bases and some use Dunmer.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/565915/show-off-your-non-playable-races/p1
  • Soarora
    Soarora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used arctic rime on a dunmer originally but it doesn't look good up-close, just gives the right color. Now I use maormer fish skin because although maormer don't have scales in-game, I headcanon them with scales. I would be willing to give up the fish skin if that means I get finned ears and the correct coloration.
    PC/NA Dungeoneer (Tank/DPS/Heal), Trialist (DPS/Tank/Heal), and amateur Battlegrounder (DPS) with a passion for The Elder Scrolls lore
    • CP 2000+
    • Warden Healer - Arcanist Healer - Warden Brittleden - Stamarc - Sorc Tank - Necro Tank - Templar Tank - Arcanist Tank
    • Trials: 9/12 HMs - 3/8 Tris
    • Dungeons: 30/30 HMs - 24/24 Tris
    • All Veterans completed!

View my builds!
  • LunaFlora
    LunaFlora
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    polymorph would be one maormer's appearance and skin would be a bit odd too as maormer we've seen in eso have more than one skintone, would be sorta okay if it did at least give us finned ears though.

i really hope maormer become a playable race eventually, even if it's unlikely it's not impossible
    Edited by LunaFlora on August 6, 2023 8:59PM
    miaow! i'm Luna ( she/her ).

🌸*throws cherry blossom on you*🌸
    "Eagles advance, traveler! And may the Green watch and keep you."
    🦬🦌🐰
    PlayStation and PC EU.
    LunaLolaBlossom on psn.
    LunaFloraBlossom on pc.
  • gloveman3plus
    gloveman3plus
    Soul Shriven
    I definitely think SOME type of Maormer appearance needs to be added! Polymorph was just the first thing that came to mind, but I can definitely see the issue with customization being a problem. Even if a skin was added but was just one skin tone, I could live with it. A race would for sure be the best option but I'm not sure if that'll ever be a thing. I would love it, but realistically we could probably get a skin with the ears or something that would get the job done! :smile:
    Edited by gloveman3plus on August 7, 2023 2:20AM
  • evymyu233
    evymyu233
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Maormer were so well developed by ESO that I would really not mind seeing them made available in some way.

I am pretty hard-line on the idea that ESO shouldn't intorduce races willy-nilly and the ten playable since TES3:Morrowind are what we should have, but I would definitely not be opposed to the Maormer. I think that's the only race that people suggest that isn't completely lore-breaking in some way, even if it would make some things... awkward.

I honestly think the best solution would be if ZOS would just make a collectable Skin that you could slap on an Altmer and call it a day. All Maormer in game are base on the Altmer facial structure, so if we only had a Skin like Captain Siravaen's, we could just live our own fantasies and that's be perfect. I have no problem with people RPing their own custom races, but unlike Falmer, the Maormer aren't that easy to set up.

As to the Ylahizu thing, it really made me want one since I had him do it to one of my characters and it looked incredible. I really want them to just sell a collectiable Skin for that.
    j8GmSfGm.png

Now you can try different combos of Skins we already have, or vampirism, or other base races. The best I've got is a Dunmer with Arctic Rime. It looks good, but it's not perfect, and he's too short without the Altmer base, but I don't think it's bad. It's just... not as good.
    shtVFP8l.png

But yes, I desperately want a legit-looking Skin to make an Altmer into a Maormer. I don't need these exotic Skins we've been getting in the crates, just something nice and simple that looks like a Moarmer, and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. I'd also love if they gave us the finned ears that the Maormer have has since Summerset as Minor Adornments.

your character looks very handsome
  • Anumaril
    Anumaril
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm against Maormer being a playable race, but a skin would be pretty fun I think. All it would need to do is make the skin their shade of white/pale, and also (if the player character is an elf) give them the fish fin ears that Maormer have as of the Summerset chapter.

And for that matter, I wouldn't be against getting skins for other races too, like Ayleids or Dwemer. Just not a playable race.
  • TybaltKaine
    TybaltKaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with either idea, a polymorph or a race. Just have them be mercenaries like the Imperials are, and maybe add in another race to even out at 12. Falmer don't really make sense, Kothringi are functionally extinct, Akaviri don't make sense as we are so close to the last invasion.

Reachmen could be interesting as well. They also make sense as a mercenary race and have a strong population in ESO as well as built in styles and regions to use as a roleplay base.
    • Tybalt Kaine Khajiit Nightblade Aldmeri Dominion
    • PC/NA
    • Guildmaster- Lucky Raven
    • Knight of Marrow - Blackfeather Academy
    • Adepti- The Witches Goblet
    • "Nightblade healer huh? How does that work?"
    • "I drain the blood of our enemies and fire it into you. It's a lot less messy than it sounds, and yeah I'm basically a Vampire without the whole AGH FIRE BAD"